It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Catastrophic': Denmark reacts to US break with Europe over Iran deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Leading politicians in Denmark were broadly critical of the announcement on Tuesday by President Donald Trump that the United States would violate the Iran nuclear deal.
In a statement at the White House on Tuesday, Trump said the US would “exit the Iran deal” agreed with other major powers in 2015, and warned that “any nation that helps Iran in its quest for nuclear weapons could be strongly sanctioned”.

“Today’s announcement from the USA does not change the fact that we in Denmark and Europe support the nuclear agreement [JCPOA, ed.],” Samuelsen wrote in a written comment to Ritzau.

'Catastrophic': Denmark reacts to US break with Europe over Iran deal

"Are you sitting comfortably? .... Then we'll begin ... "

I can't wait for this one to blossom.

This seriously compels me to question, wth are they supporting Iran? Who gave them ammo? Oh maybe it was the last administration under Obama. Yeah?

edit on 11-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

This seriously compels me to question, wth are they supporting Iran?

They are supporting a deal that both keeps Iran in check and stops interested parties in the region attacking Iran.

DK continues to support the #IranDeal contingent on Iran’s strict compliance. Important for non-proliferation and regional security. Will discuss the matter with colleagues at #EUCO next week

“I therefore regret the American decision. The agreement has ensured thorough monitoring inspections of Iran’s civilian nuclear programme and is central for our security,” the foreign minister continued.

Denmark’s foreign minister said he recognised those concerns. “We fundamentally share America’s concerns in relation to Iran’s destabilising regional behaviour and the ballistic missile programme. “That’s why the (Danish) government also supports extra pressure being placed on the Iranians in these areas. But that should occur supplementary to the nuclear agreement,” Samuelsen said.

Seems reasonable to me but then I don't want to see another conflict in the ME.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm not sure their 'reasonable' is the rest of our understanding of 'reasonable' anymore. But yeah, I don't want to see more conflict in the ME either. Enough is enough, I think The President is making the right decision on this.

+1 more 
posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The nuclear deal doesnt actually stop Iran from doing anything. Iran is going to continue working on nuclear weapons to reach parity with Israel. They would be stupid not to. They are just going to let inspectors in certain places, and do it in secret. Did the nuclear deal provide more opportunities for intelligence gathering? Maybe. But it didnt stop anything.
The world is just mad because breaking the nuclear deal dispels this weak illusion of peace and stability.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I think The President is making the right decision on this.

The proof of that pudding will be seen if Iran restarts its Nuclear weapons program , the deal stopped them from doing that.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

You want know what I think? It's one big continual mind #. There's so many layers to this we can't see where it began let alone where it might end.

That's my take on it. Trust No one, because these people are so deep in their own sheep they can't even see the end. I have an inkling though, and i'd rather not be part of it. So back to the beginning... Right..

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think The President is making the right decision on this.

The proof of that pudding will be seen if Iran restarts its Nuclear weapons program , the deal stopped them from doing that.

I agree, it did. And now we're about to experience the fireworks.

+24 more 
posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Other countries keep telling us to stop being the world police and interfering in the M.E. We just did.

Now... stop whining and YOU deal with them.

...what? Your country doesn't have the money, influence or military might to make a difference?

Well...ain't that a bitch.

Be Careful What You Wish For

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah you're right, Karma is a Bitch. It's a mess this world is.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

They just seriously didn't understand yet what times we live in. They'll see.

When it's too late.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I assume you mean all of them? They will see it yes, completely blinded by their own hypocrisy.

It's already too late i'm afraid.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Be Careful What You Wish For

We wish for peace , the US pulling out of the deal does nothing to further that wish.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Dunno...i keep seeing "civilian nuclear program" in allyour quotes above

The Intel is that iran has nukes already

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Yes, obviously I meant pretty much everybody.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I had to reassure myself that's what you meant.

It's all cool.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

What is it you would like to see exactly ? The European nations are not supporting Iran they are supporting the agreement...

Do you think its a good idea to preemptively attack Iran ?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

This seriously compels me to question, wth are they supporting Iran?

Wth should they any longer support the deal breaking, lying, false flag using, blackmailing, regime changing axis of evil, "U"SA, Israel and Saudi Arabia?

For world peace??????
It`s like you would have supported Germany, Italy and Japan in the second world war, for world peace!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm no fan of nuclear power but don't see how we have the right to dictate who can or can't have access to it , under the deal they were monitored without the deal they aren't.

Didn't the Intel say Iraq had WMD ?
edit on 11-5-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm no fan of nuclear power but don't see how we have the right to dictate who can or can't have access to it , under the deal they were monitored without the deal they aren't.

Didn't the Intel say Iraq had WMD ?

Isn’t Iran self inspecting? That would be like Trump doing his own Russia collusion investigation.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The US is the world police? You are kidding, right?

None of the countless wars the US started in the last 60 years has done anything positiv for the rest of the world. On the contrary, we have to deal with the millions of refugees from all the countrys you guys invaded and bombed into stoneage.

It is sad enough that the US is willing to send their sons and daughters to die just over money and oil, but please don't pretend to do the world a favor.

The problem right now is that the constant war in Syria is allmost over because the russians destroyed ISIS, so there is need for a new country to invade. NorthKorea looked fine for that but since they now have atom bombs they are no longer a good option.

Since there are allmost no oil rich countrys left you guys havent invaded lately, Iran is the only logical next target. Lets hope the Iran cow can longer be milked then Syria, allmost no good other targets left.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join