It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Catastrophic': Denmark reacts to US break with Europe over Iran deal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Isn’t Iran self inspecting?

No , they are under IAEA inspection.

In signing the deal, Iran also agreed to comprehensive monitoring of its nuclear facilities and related sites by the U.N.’s International Atomic Energy Agency. That includes daily access by inspectors to and continuous monitoring, such as by camera feed, of its two underground enrichment sites at Natanz and Fordow.

The deal requires Iran to implement the U.N. nuclear watchdog’s Additional Protocol, which provides inspectors with wide-ranging access to information on Iran’s nuclear activities and the ability to inspect any site it deems necessary to verify that those activities are peaceful.

The deal — officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, or JCPOA - requires Iran to grant long-term visas and provide proper working spaces to 130 to 150 designated U.N. nuclear inspectors.
www.reuters.com...

The deal isn't perfect but it is working , it's pure folly to scrap it and walk away.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

stops interested parties in the region attacking Iran.

Less well-covered in the MSM.... The list of 'interested parties' that oppose Iran. A lot of them are neighbors of Iran.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

My point is that im reading that this was in regards to civilian use...not government. In the quotes you provided anyway.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Tell Denmark and Europe to pick up the slack and pay for it themselves

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
So long and thanks for the fish!

German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Friday expressed "great regret" at the US move, saying that it "damaged trust in the international order" when a country unilaterally withdrew from an agreement that had been unanimously approved by the UN Security Council.

Merkel also held a telephone conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin during which both leaders reaffirmed their commitment to upholding the nuclear deal, the Kremlin said in a statement.

"The situation around the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action following the unilateral withdrawal of the US was discussed. The importance of preserving the deal from a point of view of international and regional stability was highlighted," the statement said.

DW

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I think The President is making the right decision on this.

The proof of that pudding will be seen if Iran restarts its Nuclear weapons program , the deal stopped them from doing that.

Nothing will stop them from that and pretending otherwise if pretty GD funny if you ask me. But you didn't, so I will give Iran a big ol bear hug and that might help.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

So we backed out but the deal stands?

Whats with all the teeth gnashing?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Iranian government has long said it wants a peaceful nuclear power program but domestic nuclear power programs can be used as a smokescreen for Uranium enrichment for weapons use , the inspections were to ensure Iran wasn't enriching Uranium for weapons use.

I don't doubt that Iran had a weapons program before the deal but given Israel has nukes (even thought they won't admit it) I think that is understandable , if I were in their position I would do the same for the defence of my country.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I stopped reading at Denmark. Have a great day.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I wont dispute that. All nations have a right to defense

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I dunno, prolly the Korean food they've been feasting on.

but the deal stands

Does it? Probably an assist for his buddy Macron to fetch the peacepipe out of the toilet. Just wait for the talking heads do the Tango.
edit on 11-5-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

What is it you would like to see exactly ? The European nations are not supporting Iran they are supporting the agreement...

Do you think its a good idea to preemptively attack Iran ?

It isn't necessarily an either or situation. Did anyone really think we would see NK reach an accord? I didn't. It isn't impossible for something similar to occur with Iran. It looks like their young people are nowhere near as intimidated as NKs.

The question becomes how long can the U.S. restrain an Israeli preemptive strike?

Getting Iranian troops off of Israel's border, which no one seems to think is provocative, would go all long way to cooling this off.

Far more so than this 'agreement' ever did.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Most countries seem to use the same excuse,we know it's not perfect but better then nothing. Sorry that's not a deal at all for example Iran flat out refuses to allow inspectors in to military complexes and even states that's wasn't part of the deal. Guess what they are right so to avoid inspections all they have to do is research in a military complex.

The other major problem is the deal monitors there existing centrifuges not allowing them to bring more online. And tracks there stockpile of stored ones however no provisions to stop them from buying new ones.p

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Most countries seem to use the same excuse,we know it's not perfect but better then nothing. Sorry that's not a deal at all for example Iran flat out refuses to allow inspectors in to military complexes and even states that's wasn't part of the deal. Guess what they are right so to avoid inspections all they have to do is research in a military complex.

The other major problem is the deal monitors there existing centrifuges not allowing them to bring more online. And tracks there stockpile of stored ones however no provisions to stop them from buying new ones.p

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Denmark is fairly catastrophic
Still doesnt give any reason why the US should give a rat's rear....

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
As an American who's 4 generarions out from being Irish who can't move to Europe

I don't care what you guys think it makes no difference to because I pay your protection and for basically everything in the world yet I cant freely travel anywhere without massive restrictons on everything

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Oh ok, thanks for the info. I thought I had read they were self inspecting somewhere, but couldn't find it.

Reply to Gortex
edit on 11-5-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Isn’t Iran self inspecting?

No , they are under IAEA inspection.

In signing the deal, Iran also agreed to comprehensive monitoring of its nuclear facilities and related sites by the U.N.’s International Atomic Energy Agency. That includes daily access by inspectors to and continuous monitoring, such as by camera feed, of its two underground enrichment sites at Natanz and Fordow.

The deal requires Iran to implement the U.N. nuclear watchdog’s Additional Protocol, which provides inspectors with wide-ranging access to information on Iran’s nuclear activities and the ability to inspect any site it deems necessary to verify that those activities are peaceful.

The deal — officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, or JCPOA - requires Iran to grant long-term visas and provide proper working spaces to 130 to 150 designated U.N. nuclear inspectors.
www.reuters.com...

The deal isn't perfect but it is working , it's pure folly to scrap it and walk away.

Agreed. There are plenty of areas the deal needs strengthening. However the decision top withdraw was made without any form of replacement plan, let alone one that'd been run past allies or stood a realistic chance of ever being internationally agreed on. It's a huge gamble in a game where stakes don't come higher and even the Trump admin admit Iran are abiding by it and Iran has currently abandoned any nuclear weapons program.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Good lord the shills are working overtime in this thread, almost as if it was coordinated.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sanitarium79
a reply to: DAVID64

The US is the world police? You are kidding, right?

None of the countless wars the US started in the last 60 years has done anything positiv for the rest of the world. On the contrary, we have to deal with the millions of refugees from all the countrys you guys invaded and bombed into stoneage.

It is sad enough that the US is willing to send their sons and daughters to die just over money and oil, but please don't pretend to do the world a favor.

The problem right now is that the constant war in Syria is allmost over because the russians destroyed ISIS, so there is need for a new country to invade. NorthKorea looked fine for that but since they now have atom bombs they are no longer a good option.

Since there are allmost no oil rich countrys left you guys havent invaded lately, Iran is the only logical next target. Lets hope the Iran cow can longer be milked then Syria, allmost no good other targets left.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join