It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Korean summit.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Live. A good spectacle and nice to see some getting along.. Hope Indeed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Kim Jong-un has become the first North Korean leader to set foot in South Korea by crossing the military line that has divided the peninsula since the end of the Korean War in 1953. South Korean President Moon Jae-in met Mr Kim at the border at 09:30 (00:30 GMT) before talks begin. Both men are on their way to the summit venue in the demilitarised zone (DMZ). The historic meeting will focus on the North's recent indications it could be willing to give up its nuclear weapons. In a moment rich with symbolism, Mr Kim and Mr Moon shook hands on both sides of the border in the demilitarised zone. The South Korean president briefly stepped into the border back into North Korea as well - an unexpected moment. Mr Kim's recent re-engagement and apparent concessions and have divided analysts, with some questioning the sincerity of his intentions.

edit on 26 4 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add a Little..

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Sure is a great day.

Wish North and South the best.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Walking on a "Red" Carpet too !!

oh the irony

💡

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
can't believe this isn't bigger news, the Dem's must be #ting their pants right now

oh also,

Asia rising

We need really good strong leadership right now not corporate sellouts, ones who can align us properly with the growing power of China and Asia
edit on 26-4-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
Live. A good spectacle and nice to see some getting along.. Hope Indeed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Kim Jong-un has become the first North Korean leader to set foot in South Korea by crossing the military line that has divided the peninsula since the end of the Korean War in 1953. South Korean President Moon Jae-in met Mr Kim at the border at 09:30 (00:30 GMT) before talks begin. Both men are on their way to the summit venue in the demilitarised zone (DMZ). The historic meeting will focus on the North's recent indications it could be willing to give up its nuclear weapons. In a moment rich with symbolism, Mr Kim and Mr Moon shook hands on both sides of the border in the demilitarised zone. The South Korean president briefly stepped into the border back into North Korea as well - an unexpected moment. Mr Kim's recent re-engagement and apparent concessions and have divided analysts, with some questioning the sincerity of his intentions.

Hey is this obama's doing?

Hillary? (as SoS)

Can we go back to Bush 41 to take credit?

Carter?

Rodman?

Gee, who else is left?

Oh yeah, evolution! (Trump)

Hope it all works out for everyone.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Well Nixon went to China right?

BwaaaaHaHaHa

💠

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I'm upset Dennis Rodman isn't apart of this. I give him all the credit for this day!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I was surprised Un had Moon cross over into N. Korea for more photos. If genuine a cool gesture.

Hopefully this meet can bring some good to that region.

Here is a link to CNNs website and coverage. They have a video of the meet and crossover.
North meets South
edit on 26-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Wow Donald Trump is the man. I gotta give it up..

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
it would be great if they can let go of the past and move on. I have high hopes. But there is a nagging thought in the back of my mind... A nasty what-if: it really is a ploy to get the border de-militarized as a prelude to invasion? NK is on its last legs in so many ways. If they are ever going to try a military maneuver on the South it better be soon. There army is so mal-nourished they can barely stand let alone fight a war. As such, any military effort from the North will be a one time now or never type of deal. No reason to hold back. I hope I am wrong on that one. I really do.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 26-4-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

MKGA hats for everyone

edit on 26-4-2018 by BlueJacket because: lol

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Or America looked like it was going to fight a War on two fronts, bringing Kim to the table means that all the deals have been worked out. Considering that the two generals didn't shake his hand might mean, he has a deal that he would be an idiot to refuse. Which might mean South Korea might have lost out on some car plants or some such thing.
Now its a War on one front with Israel ramping up the rhetoric on Iran.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
One of the mind programs of The Party was the so called "double thinking", good example>>>a constant state of war, the people are acting like there is peace as well, hence they can easily switch from one emotion to the other, in accordance to what The Party asks of them.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Well Bush W is the person that let hm acquire nuclear weapons...

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Well Bush W is the person that let hm acquire nuclear weapons...

Let him? LOL

So to be clear Bush has everything to do with arming them but Trump had nothing to do with this?

edit on 26-4-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's not Chuck Norris giving a thumbs up, he's actually deflecting a Jupiter-sized comet away from Earth!

edit on 26-4-2018 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Incredible stuff this 'peace' thing.

Hope it sticks.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join