It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I unplugged for a night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
For no reason other than I felt like it. No computer. Turned my phone off. I watched the Blue Jays win in the Bronx. Really disappointed in the Yankee's defense. They could have won that one. Watched Dracula Untold. Pretty good movie with some flaws in the story. Still enjoyed it.

So I turn my phone on this morning and I had 14 actions to be dealt with on Words with Friends.
Mom called. All's good. Might do it again tonight. Watch the Leafs get knocked out of the playoffs. The true sign of spring.
Not really a hockey fan anymore. I hope the Jets go deep though. They lost their franchise in a bad way. Nice to see a team back in Winnipeg.

So, "Hi". What's happenin all?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I thought I was gonna read that you went camping until I saw that your TV was involved in your night of being unplugged lmao.

Still, It sounds like you genuinely enjoyed your eveniing. Nicely done.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid Not really a hockey fan anymore. I hope the Jets go deep though. They lost their franchise in a bad way. Nice to see a team back in Winnipeg.

Sounds like you had a good time. I also hope success for Winnipeg. You know, there is a young Finnish dude there leaving the goalies without any chance with his one-timers

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
But... you had a TV on lol

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I wasn't really plugged in either last night.

Son had his test for yellow belt last night. Parents came up to watch him. It's the first time they've seen him at martial arts, so it was very exciting all the way around. He passed, and his test group came through with flying colors -- the first one to do so on the night. I was a very proud mama.

Then we went out to eat before parents headed home.

Today, we've been all over town. Hit the mall and the LEGO store (son got his Hulkbuster Ironman!) I filled out his spring wardrobe after we determined what was for donation and what he can still wear. Then I got a new geek tee (Third to the Last Jedi: Give or Take a Few). Then we hit the butcher shop for some righteous street tacos, some pork cushion so we can make our own tacos for supper tomorrow, and some house bologna. Then we hit the library for new books for kiddo to both read to us and for us to read to him.

Then we came home and now I'm here.

Real life is nice to be in on occasion. Things do happen there.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Did you unplug tonight?? If so please do it more often since my leafs were most certainly not defeated as promised!!

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
My ex and I would do no electronics nights. It was actually really fun, we would play board/card games, sometimes go as far as just turning out all the lights and playing by fire/candle.

I would highly recommend it. Maybe leave your phone on in the other room and check it on occasion if there are people you're worried about.

Feels good man. I actually sort of like it when the power goes out. You get to light a fire, grab more blankets and just read.

This is why I love camping. I get such a sense of peace from it.

Not sure If I would dig it as much alone (save for camping) but it's really nice to cut off all the screeching and potential screeching in our ears.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Unplugging is very refreshing sometimes, and i think it could have some health benefits.

Yesterday i waited until it was dark, put earplugs to my ears and i was just resting on my bed. Focused on natural breathing rhythm. In my normal daily life, i am almost constantly bombarded with advertising and all kinds of distractions. It is great to be in total silence and darkness sometimes. No one can reach me then, but i can perfectly reach myself.

Is it strange to talk about unplugging if one is literally using earplugs? Well you got the point i think

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Did you unplug tonight?? If so please do it more often since my leafs were most certainly not defeated as promised!!

Yup. I checked on the game on and off. That's what happens when you add the Kadri effect.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
...but i can perfectly reach myself.

Wellllllll, that is for another thread.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Finspiracy
...but i can perfectly reach myself.

Wellllllll, that is for another thread.

Whooops.

Will not edit. I let it stay that way because of the humor aspect.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Every so often, the extended family goes up to Minnesota and we all get cabins on a lake somewhere. We look for the more rustic ones, so there is less electronic interference.

We swim, fish, cook out, etc., and play games as a family all week. We'd do it more often, but the money just isn't there.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Been unplugging a lot recently phone on silent ,television/ computer off etc and staring at a wall and i enjoyed it i even unplugged myself from the heart monitor in hospital on Thursday night and spent $ 40 on a taxi home just for the peace and quiet the beep ,beep was doing my head in .

6 heart attacks in a year the blank ers might need to shoot me to get rid off me

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I am glad that you enjoyed being unplugged for a night,it would
have been harder to unplug if you were still a MOD.

top topics

join