It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden State Hypocrisy and Demise

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
California is a liberal cesspool and a monument to the failure of Democrats. Sadly, there are still millions of conservatives that live in California that never have their voices heard. Eventually, everyone will leave this state for greener pastures. It is too bad because it is a beautiful state full of idiots.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

a reply to: ATruGod

The problem in California, is that if your a working class person, you're screwed. As Ketsuko said, California did a good job of driving out many working class people away from the state.

The ones that are left are struggling to survive and even then eventually they too will be forced to move or if they insist become homeless.

As stated earlier, I myself will have to move one day perhaps to Vegas, Phoenix or Salt Lake City.

While California is a nice place for high income people, it isn't if your a low income person.

You have to be very lucky to make it on the top and even then it's no guarantee since college tuition fees are higher here.

a reply to: Metallicus

Its not just conservatives but also working class liberals who are angry that the liberal coastal elites are screwing them over.
edit on 4/8/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

The city I live in is having a really hard time getting people work at Safeway (supermarket) McDonalds, etc. Next time I pass I will take a pic of the signs up $18 an hour for McDonalds. The lines at my local Whole Foods are insane, again because there is nobody to take these jobs. Rich need people to serve them, I dont think they understand this here. Unlike NYC where people were able to move out towards NJ Seacaucus, Newark, Hoboken, California does not have that infrastructure to allow this. In my city rent is hovering around $5,000 per month, $25 and hour wont cut it.

Contrary to the previous comments I own my house and have 2 fully profitable businesses, however the quality of life is no longer worth what I am paying. In my opinion of course.
edit on 8-4-2018 by HanSolo31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31

Where are you going to go?

I gotta admit in the next decade or so, California's working class will be gutted to the point where they'll be forced to live in certain conclaves or move to other states.

There are some people who say we should take a stand against the growing economic inequality but I was like at this point it is lost. There's really nothing we can do.

The working class communities in California were devastated by the rise of neoliberalism. In fact, LA used to have manufacturing sectors here until they were closed down in the early 90s.

Part of the reason why the LA riots happened was due to the loss of jobs from the factories moving overseas.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

try south Carolina upstate area near greenville.
Asheville area in north Carolina is nice too. wages aren't great in either area but cost of living is low and quality of life reasonable.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Is South Carolina safe though?

I had professor told me as a minority (Filipino American), it would be more safer in the Western US (Utah,Idaho, etc.) than in the South and Mid West. He explicitly told me to avoid rural Oklahoma.

I don't want to sound bigoted but the general view of the liberal working class minorities here is that they see flyover country as full of racists. While they hate the liberal coastal elites, they also mistrust white conservatives from the flyover country.

This is partly the reason why they refused to move from California. It has a lot to do with fear of the Klan.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Im moving to Oregon. One business going to Henderson NV. I know Oregon is also liberal, but for the price of my house here I can buy 4 in Oregon, and it isn't as hot as Nevada. Also, lots of wildlife, nature, and not many people. Its a win-win for me.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
2) GDP does not include imports. The size of the California economy is based on what it produces, not what it consumes.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31
Nope, I was born in 86, hence I said "as long as I remember."

That's not really a large sample size timeframe although they still had a Republican governor for more than half your life.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Im moving to Oregon. One business going to Henderson NV. I know Oregon is also liberal, but for the price of my house here I can buy 4 in Oregon, and it isn't as hot as Nevada. Also, lots of wildlife, nature, and not many people. Its a win-win for me.

And you have chosen the wise maneuver.........move.

Great OP by the way, well crafted and documented.

I fear however that while moving to Oregon may be a very good idea for your immediate future, even possibly for your lifetime, if you live too very long, the same problems you outlined facing you in Cali will follow you to Oregon. The reason I say that is because, Oregon is going the way of Cali in the sense that Oregon will soon be a "One Party" state and when that happens, you get two things. 1) You get the ossification of Government that prevents any changes in policy directions and 2) you get an entrenched "blessed" elite running the state for their particular gain. A third thing you get is that once a "State" goes "One Party", its near impossible to restore anything resembling a return to balance and competitive elections.

Sadly, if Cali proves to be the Canary in the Coal Mine as it has always been in terms of presaging trends that eventually take hold in the rest of the US, the rest of the US will be slowly moving to a "One Party" "Democrat Party" control system. You can already see that the mechanisms are in place to accomplish this and the Universities and Colleges have become the "engines" that produce, via Hegelian Dialectic techniques, "manufactured consensus" around "manufactured popular" Democrat policy positions.

As I see the future of the US, what you'll see happening is "One Party" control of the State and Local governments while the elite "Corporate and Financial Industry Oligarchs" and their "Deep State" clients controlling the National Federal Government. At that point, Elections, just as is the case in Cali, become utterly pointless.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Good, then just worry about yourself and don't take the concerns and rational comments from other residents to heart.

As long as you are happy, you have your union benefits, and your bills are paid, then nothing else matters.

You are part of the problem and you don't even see it. It's that selfish mentality that is a main ingredient in the problems of California.

Don't get me wrong--I'm glad that you're happy with your place in California life, but to be the first response in a post that discusses things that affect all residents and only worry about yourself, you might understand why I say that your mentality is a big part of the problem.

And many in California think that way, least of whom are a majority of the legislators at all levels.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

a reply to: okrian

Yes some cities are cheap, those are typically in areas that are polluted Bakersfield, Modesto, Stockton, AKA places nobody wants to live. Even though they are cheap Cali taxes are Cali taxes.

Ha, I grew up in Bakersfield, and it's not "cheap," per se. I have many, many families members and friends still living there, and they hate the cost of living in the town, but when I ask why they don't leave, they cite family and friends, certainly not weather, that is keeping them there.

I have a buddy who is on the Modesto PD--living in those areas isn't cheap, either.

The problem is that they are relatively cheap compared to other areas in California, but they certainly are not cheap relative to the national average.

Take the area in which I have found myself--the Cincinnati Metro area. According to this site, it is 20% cheaper overall to live in Cincinnati versus Bakersfield. Housing is nearly twice as much.

Using that same site, Bakersfield versus, say, Long Beach, has Long Beach as being 45% more expensive than Bakersfield.

My point being that only in California or other ridiculously high CoL places is Bakersfield a good option for "affordability." My reason for comparing Bakersfield to Cincinnati is that I live in the greater metro area of Cincinnati, but also that it affords a somewhat bigger-city feel and opportunity than Bakersfield, with much more to do, yet is much cheaper.

It's like this in general, and since mortgages are what bog down people in California, it's sad that housing doubles from Cincinnati to Bakersfield, and then more-than doubles again from Bakersfield to Long Beach. It's ridiculous what people will pay to live their day-to-day lives.
edit on 9-4-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Take the area in which I have found myself--the Cincinnati Metro area.

Hilton Netherlands hotel.

Cincinnati: 1
Bakersfield: 0

Reason enough to move.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

In regards to California residents with a certain mentality being "the problem," I think it points to a really interesting, seemingly consistent phenomenon.

Its so fascinating to me that it is comparatively easy to tell which folks posting live in California. I'm not sure I can say the same about any other state, though arguably some countries might be similar.

Its not even whether someone is "liberal" or not. It appears that the California Liberal is a unique creature. Not at all endangered, of course, but identified by an almost freakish level of coherency on seemingly disparate topics.

Is there something in the water? Or air? Or air waves?

To anyone considering moving away from the madness err.. environment.. please, please don't try to change where you move to be like where you moved from. We can help you break those habits and show you the light

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Your words are very true, even if in semi-jest (if it was).

I chock it up to a collective, never-ending-and-always-increasing pier pressure in that state to live a certain way and be a certain way, at least in public. I have mentioned it before in other threads, but I know many people who secretly have "non-Californian" political beliefs and social beliefs, but since they live there, they tow the status quo.

I have literally had old friends from high school contact me privately via social media to let me know that they love the rationale and logic behind anything that I discuss politically (I'm libertarian-minded, so I support and oppose things on both sides of the spectrum), and that they envy the ability to do so (meaning that they would literally lose friends over speaking out their actual beliefs...so instead, they just remain relatively silent in public).

This is why I will always call California a very fake place to live. On the surface, it's all manicured lawns and swimming pools, but behind the walls of the houses, there's a lack of furniture and savings because of the cost to live there, or like my friend in the Modesto area, they rely on a subsidy from his wife's dad or else they would never make it living where they do (she has to stay at home with a four-year-old and two-year-old twins...a second job wouldn't even pay for daycare).

It's a sad reality for many, many people who live there, and it has affected my siblings from time to time--and the cost of living keeps increasing on average over time, too.

At some point soon, there's going to be an ugly collapse--it may not affect all people living there, but it will affect those towing the line about which I speak the most.

Also, they're real big on fluoride and vaccines in CA...not saying about that correlation (or am I?).

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But, Bakersfield has the Kern River*...

* Yes, that's an actual picture of the Kern River in Bakersfield.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I don't pay attention to signs.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Half of Bakersfield shouldn't either.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Don't worry when I move out of California, I will adapt to to the environment of my new home.

You really nailed what I have been thinking for the past months. I gotta admit there seems to be something off about Cali.

Also, in Universities such as mine (California State University LA ) and Berkeley, you either tow the line or get visited by Antifa stormtroopers.

In Silicon Valley, many people with conservative beliefs are afraid of speaking about their beliefs.

money.cnn.com...
edit on 4/9/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The Happiest States in 2017: Full List

14th out of 50 isn't to shabby. Quit complaining and move already. Perhaps if you stop wasting time whining on the internet you can make that happen sooner than later. You've got the power buddy. Bootstrap up.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join