It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller's team questioning Russian oligarchs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunShines

originally posted by: CB328
Good hopefuly they are getting evidence of Trump laundering Russian money.

Putin can shove billions of dollars into Trump's pocket and it wouldn't be money laundering. I looked it up. Money laundering occurs only if illegal dealings are done, such as selling drugs or illegal weapons trade, like what Al Capone did.

It would be a violation of FEC laws. Foreign entities are forbidden from donating money / volunteers / etc to a candidate running for elected office.

If Putin sends Trump billions for his campaign it is a law violation - by both. Putin for sending it in violation of FEC laws and for Trump if he accepts it.

For a rundown on that just research the Clintons over the years in addition to ADFA (from Arkansas days) and the times Clintons were fined for violating campaign finance laws.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No that is NOT what Muellers team said.

There are three statuses of people in an investigation like this.
Witness is someone who has information or has seen something. They are not at any risk.
A target means they are looking at you as a perpetrator of a crime. They have information that can indict a person they strongly believe is involved in the crimes.

The last status is in-between the two, you’re a subject. And so if you're subject in an investigation what that means is that you're not a target, so they're not gunning for you, but the prosecutor thinks that there is good reason to believe you may have done something wrong. You may have committed a crime or been a part of a criminal activity or part of a conspiracy

And

And it's important to keep in mind the comfort you get from anyone status could shift as the investigation moves forward

www.whitecollarcrimeresources.com...

Trump is a subject. That means they believe he may have been involved in criminal activity.
I believe he is at this status because of the reluctance to indict a seated president.
The three phase report Mueller is preparing will be the vehicle that impeaches him.
He is not in a good place.
And that noose is getting tighter.

edit on 452018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Impeach him for what?

In all honesty, the way things are going the DNC will only hold seats from California, oregon, and New York.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

No blinders are soooo much better.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sunShines

Or selling properties for millions more than its worth.

Wake up.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

But Mueller didn't say trump wasn't under investigation. He said he IS.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Oh please. You're better than that.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

They are at this point because Mueller has no case against Trump... and never has.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

But Mueller didn't say trump wasn't under investigation. He said he IS.

oooookk

Robert Mueller reportedly tells Trump’s lawyers president not criminal target

Special counsel Robert Mueller has reportedly told President Trump’s attorneys that he is not a criminal target of his probe, but he still wants to interview him to wrap up his investigation.

Citing “three people familiar with the discussions,” The Washington Post reported Tuesday evening that Mr. Mueller told the president’s attorneys that his actions are a “subject” of the investigation. But the special counsel told them he does not think there is enough evidence to bring charges.

click link for article..

and bear in mind the Washington Compost, an avid Trump hating media outlet, ran the story.
edit on 5-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Like what deary? You guys have the whole U1 thing wrong. Have always had the story wrong and just refuse to face reality. So don't you DARE talk about versions of reality.
You're living in a fantasy world where that story and many others are concerned. Tell me what P, Q, and R and 1,2,and 3 are saying on Sesame Street. You want to talk about alternate realities you'd better quit that moronic no subject thread then.
But don't you question my reality. Where my feet are firmly planted on the ground and my opinions are grounded in solid facts. Too bad you just don't like that so you deny or criticize me. It's never going to work because I will out think you at every turn.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Stop. You want to continue falling back on that childish response go argue with someone else.
I get it you don't think he's guilty but we both know what charges they are looking at so just stop.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

and you again completely ignored the government informant that dealt with Uranium One. The informant that told the Obama admin what Russias involvement was and how the Clintons were involved.

So, again, stop ignoring facts you dont like.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Stop. You want to continue falling back on that childish response go argue with someone else.
I get it you don't think he's guilty but we both know what charges they are looking at so just stop.

and yet there are no charges...

Because there is no crime involving trump.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Oh please. You're better than that.

Everything ive seen looks incredibly damning.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

What argument? My assessment of the state of the DNC, and how that would effect articles of impeachment?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: sunShines

originally posted by: CB328
Good hopefuly they are getting evidence of Trump laundering Russian money.

Putin can shove billions of dollars into Trump's pocket and it wouldn't be money laundering. I looked it up. Money laundering occurs only if illegal dealings are done, such as selling drugs or illegal weapons trade, like what Al Capone did.

It would be a violation of FEC laws. Foreign entities are forbidden from donating money / volunteers / etc to a candidate running for elected office.

If Putin sends Trump billions for his campaign it is a law violation - by both. Putin for sending it in violation of FEC laws and for Trump if he accepts it.

For a rundown on that just research the Clintons over the years in addition to ADFA (from Arkansas days) and the times Clintons were fined for violating campaign finance laws.

Not if the money is not used for campaigning. It's just money from one friend to another. Has nothing to do with election.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I hear Mueller wants to question Lenin next.
He just hasn't been able to dig him up yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

There is nothing here, no evidence that any money even came from Russians or Russian businessmen has been found.

Unless you are Robert Mueller or on the SC Team, that claim seems to be without foundation?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: soberbacchus

False. They don't need any evidence to question someone.

They do need evidence to obtain a warrant and search them and seize/search electronic devices.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

AKA....farce.

The entire DOJ needs razed

This is what makes it impossible to take you credibly.

One post you cheer "Let the evidence lead wherever it leads".

The next it is: Unless it leads to Trump..then it is secret orders and the DOJ is a farce!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join