It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science teacher fed live puppy to snapping turtle in front of students, witnesses say

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No, not ok..to me anyway.
A fish tank is not nature, and it's very likely the turtle would eat non live food, such as a ball of hamburger..pretty much whatever is presented, which is what they do in the wild..dead or alive.
The guy is doing live food for sick amusement..that is my beef with it.
edit on 15-3-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Lol, cuuute, my point was they are not so close to dogs genetically, closer to cats, or even closer to mongooses..if you can believe that.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

So you'd have the dying puppy go to waste then? Maybe give him a human funeral??

I once saw a dog funeral that had the thing sealed inside a rubbermade sarcophagus. No chance in hell it could return to the earth, and feed the cycle of life from which it came from. Much like how many humans choose to get setup: Take take take from the world your whole life, and as your final act not at least return your own matter to the flow of the cosmos. You sickos!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yeah they're effing weird... disgusting... and dangerous LOL

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I found another story update that outlines exactly what happened a bit better. I give haircuts to pets for a living and I feel way closer to animals than I do humans. I'm starting to see the teacher as the "lamb to the slaughter".
update

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: the owlbear

Point is - I agree a 'puppy' was not the wisest choice.

The puppy was sick.

And, we feed tiny baby rats to spiders and live healthy mice and rats to snakes every day - in science class.

So what are you upset about?

The fact it's a puppy?

Or kids were exposed to the truth?

are you really comparing a a family pet to a baby #ing rat? i hope you get to experience putting a sick puppy down in your life time.

I've had to put my own horses down because I wouldn't let them sit and suffer waiting for the vet.

So - here's the point.

I could have been all 'Ohhhh I can't do this it's so cruel'!

But the cruelty would have been to the horse, by letting it suffer.

So, I put them down myself. It was horrible. I hope I never have to do it again.

BUT LIFE HAPPENS!

Again, I think the guy had a screw loooose doing this infront of students, but life, is still a *B* isn't it.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

That he just fed a dog carcass to a turtles d the media is fabricating the “alive” part as clickbait under a cloud of “we don’t know if it was alive”..

OK I'll play..Who the hell would feed infected puppy carcass to a turtle... Where would one even get such a thing, why do it in front of his class? I'm truly trying to understand his logic here and I just don't see it...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I have an issue with the live feeding, and making a spectacle out of it..I think the guy gets off on it.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Again, I think the guy had a screw loooose doing this infront of students, but life, is still a *B* isn't it.

Not really well unless you are being lowered slowing into a tank by your tail...lol

I would bet that snapping turtles never eat puppies or rats in the wild, so they are safe there...geez

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vivyinsect

I hope others read the link you posted.

This teacher was the 'go to' for many things. The community loves him and - they're behind him 100%.

Be back...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I have an issue with the live feeding, and making a spectacle out of it..I think the guy gets off on it.

Sounds like American Idol.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Lol, I never watch that crap.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
How is this an update?

Show me one thing in this article that we not already know!

It is just a news report made by somebody who sympathizes with the teacher.

Come on you guys....

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I hope others read the link you posted.

This teacher was the 'go to' for many things. The community loves him and - they're behind him 100%.

Be back...

How you are going to use this as an argument for justifying animal cruelty is something I would love to see....

peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Mar 2018 19:54:09 -0500pm315420183 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Agreed, the teacher is popular is what I got from it, which means nothing really..and JoshuaCox..the article clearly states the pup was alive when dropped into the tank, it then drowned, then was eaten.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Read the articles.. the headline clearly states that.. the articles themselves add the disclaimer “ we cannot confirm if the dog was dead or alive”...

That’s why most a
Headlines put quotations around “alive”...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Turtles are scavangers that commonly eat rotting flesh. Like crocodiles and alligators their stomachs are filled with crazy bacteria that kills anything dangerous to the animal..

It could be to teach that turtles are scavengers that can eat rotting flesh and be fine.
edit on 15-3-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
A "Science Teacher"?!!?? OMG! That's like, the best, of the best,.. of manly "education"! I'm sure the "science teacher" has an explanation. I wonder how "emotional" it would be, if the "science teacher",.. said, "the turtle is merely eating, a Republican". Probably wouldn't be "news".

I laugh, this is what ATS folk "post" about? You'll be folded like an envelope, sent to a "camp" for, "your safety", and be "judged" by how you "will" vote... It's all good. I can play that game too.

Nobody cares about the "science teacher"? He was "teaching", "science". .. Come on!
Lol!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

It could be to teach that turtles are scavengers that can eat rotting flesh and be fine.

Do you really think that is what it was all about...lol

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Absolutely..

My guess is the dog died TOTALLY unconnected to the feeding. Then the teacher decided to feed the carcass to the turtle to show what the turtle would do in the wild. Scavenge..

Then the media head about it and decided to pretend if “the dog was alive is still unclear..” as clickbait..

Happens all the time..

The students and teachers don’t back a guy who slowly watched a turtle rip a live puppy to pieces..

That’s crazy.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join