It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science teacher fed live puppy to snapping turtle in front of students, witnesses say

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
a reply to: soberbacchus

Teachers don't kill sick puppies, turtles do

Teachers don't kill sick puppies, vets do...

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Talk about a sick puppy.

If i ran things then that puppy would be the spirit animal of the teacher.

Then it would be just a matter of time before the same happens to the teacher in some sort of parallel way.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

sic em'

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

On earth. Couldn't agree more. I personally hate ending any kind of life, stopped fishing even. Blessed are those who can bark and meow. But the meowers are blessed just a little bit more. CATS ( MPBUT).

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Equating dogs to rats is a false narrative.

Dogs have a higher sensibility. They have genuine emotions. They are intelligent. They are loyal. And, domesticated, dependent on us.

As someone who has owned both dogs AND mice, I can assure you that you are wrong. Your limited perspective and unwillingness to see animals that aren't 'cute' as intelligent or having feelings and emotions is quite simply narrow minded.

Simply because a mouse cannot emote to you in the way a dog can does not make it worthy of the abuse you deem unfit for a dog. No, it will not play fetch with you, want you to scratch it behind the ears. But saying it deserves less than a dog? That is your emotions speaking. Peoples inability to see that all life deserves respect, not simply the cute and cuddly is what the problem is here.

I have never seen anything I would consider as loyalty or emotion from mice. That being said, I do not agree with feeding them to snakes or whatever. In my world snakes are not pets and living creatures are not sacrificed as life-lessons. Omitting rodents from my response did not indicate that I agree with their being used as live food.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

True story. I have a mouse living in my house (my cat disappeared. It's my belief she was stolen. Hopefully by Elon musk and she's a spacecat now. Damn pussy beat me to it) The little guy has been eating my crumbs for about 6 months or so. I made it a christmas cookie. He ate it. yay! Anywhoo, that teacher might have had good intentions. Maybe he didnt. No faux outrage here. If it really bothered me, I'd drive to where lives and ask him personally. Maybe put on my blackest skinny jeans. Maybe loot a store or two. I am nature proving itself. Shes a cruel beeotch and guess what? We are nature. The quintessential ugliness of the imbalanced, unfair, dog (turtle?) eat dog rule of the universe. Same country, different worlds. Fascinating.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: ToneDeaf

What if the dog was already dead and it died totally unconnected to the feeding???

The fact the articles keep adding “we don’t know if the puppy was alive or not”.. which if you ask me almost certainly means the dog was already dead.

Not sure how that even fits in it all as a science lesson other than as a freak side show of feeding helpless live animals and dead pets to it. Hell the turtle is even a omnivore and I would bet raw hamburger balls and veggies would do it better.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I used to own a number of exotic pets decades ago, live feeding was the part that made me give them up..it literally haunts me to this day, listening to something squeal in pain, a critter that never had a chance..in the wild it had a chance, that is nature. In a tank, some poor little critter you drop in is not nature to me.
Most people at this point feed non live food, many reptiles..etc will accept non live..sometimes not.
If you check out the picture of this a'hole a few pages back..you can see he is enjoying it/getting off on the spectacle ..not right in my opinion.

I have deep regrets

edit on 15-3-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You know it, I have no doubt the turtle would be fine with that.
I used to have a tarantula that would eat any kind of meat that I tied to a string and dangled in front of it enough to get it's attention.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Maybe next he can vivisect a stray cat and show the kids.

That's what science is all about right?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We only wanna save the cute animals, dont we!

Animal Auditions:

edit on 15-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
The dog was sick. In 'the wild' it would have succumbed to a predator.

so thats how you deal with sick animals in your family? toss them in a cage with snapping turtles? youre no better then the teacher. i hope you never own any of your own pets because in my opinion you are not mentally fit to own a pet.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: the owlbear

Point is - I agree a 'puppy' was not the wisest choice.

The puppy was sick.

And, we feed tiny baby rats to spiders and live healthy mice and rats to snakes every day - in science class.

So what are you upset about?

The fact it's a puppy?

Or kids were exposed to the truth?

are you really comparing a a family pet to a baby #ing rat? i hope you get to experience putting a sick puppy down in your life time.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

I bet the dog was dead first..

That he just fed a dog carcass to a turtles d the media is fabricating the “alive” part as clickbait under a cloud of “we don’t know if it was alive”..

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

LOL a dog in the wild. You're not the smartest cookie are you? Dogs were domesticated over tens of thousands of years. They aren't meant to be in the wild.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

Um, wolves, coyotes, dingos, foxes, culpeo, jackals, hyenas, el chupacabra, etc.
edit on 15-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Okay, WHAT IF he had used a "wolf" pup... would it be okay then???

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Those are not domesticated dogs, if you didn't know..hyenas are not even close.
You might find this interesting
www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 15-3-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Okay, WHAT IF he had used a "wolf" pup... would it be okay then???

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Who are you to say hyena's arent pets?

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join