It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science teacher fed live puppy to snapping turtle in front of students, witnesses say

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Wrong!!

Eating a dog = okay

Eating a dog after you set on fire and beat it to death with a stick = wrong

This seems to be very hard to understand for some.

Peace

lolwut.

Where did I say anything like setting a dog on fire and beating it with a stick was okay? lmfao

Reading. This seems to be very hard to do for some.

Hahah some tool even starred you for it lmfao some more.

Oh well, one day I shall learn how to cherry pick, not get context and completely misread like 99% of the net dwellers I run into.

edit on 15-3-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: cheery pick to cherry pick

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

au contraire mon frere

a turtle eating a puppy is no different than a snake eating mice or human eating a pig.

This is where you fail to see the point this thread is really about. A pig will be put to death in the most humane manner possible in order for us to make it morally justifiable to eat it.

The turtle eating a puppy ALIVE does not correspond with our notion of "most humane"...

Disagree?

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Mar 2018 08:04:55 -0500am310420183 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I know man , Im saying cmon tae #!

no one feeds puppies to other animals apart fae worst #s

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I do disagree. because setting a dog on fire and beating it with a stick is different to eating it alive or eating it dead.
It is nothing like 'a turtle eating a puppy is no different than a snake eating mice or human eating a pig.'

Nature is inhumane.
Living # eats other living # all the time.

If nature was humane we would not have to eat anything biological, be it animals or plants. We'd all be immortal and spend our days sitting around a campfire singing songs and loving one another.

So did this teacher set the dog on fire and beat it with a stick then feed it to the turtle?
If so then yes, that is messed up.

But is feeding a live dog a turtle in a building any different from a turtle eating a live dog out in the wild?
Should animals be humane?
Or is the problem a human was involved?

As I originally stated all a matter of perspective.

Seems to be some confusion over whether the puppy was even alive to begin with, and the real issue seems to be that the teacher did it infront of kids yes?
edit on 15-3-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

That's screwed up-and i've seen my fair share of screwed up teachers.

In high school I went to a religion class to escape math (who wouldn't?) but what I saw was pretty much an hour of snuff films. Footage of African women being stoned to death, the infamous experiment where some "professor" decapitated a man to see how long the victim could remain conscious-and this was religion? the teacher was effed up but at least I got a very close friend from the experience.

And Trump wants teachers to be armed? because the first person you want wielding a firearm is a teacher who shows people being killed. IQ minus 50.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Well I am glad you joined the discussion and to keep it short, yes the whole problem of the matter is the fact a human was involved.

But is feeding a live dog a turtle in a building any different from a turtle eating a live dog out in the wild?

If we ignore the fact that these two creatures are pretty unlikely to ever meet because they are not natural prey/predator. But should that occur than the dog at least has a chance to escape..

If we take stuff out of it's natural environment and place it in ours we do take on some responsibility I'd say..

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ToneDeaf

Their natural diets consist primarily of fish and fish carcasses (often ones that are thrown back into the water by fishermen), molluscs, carrion, and amphibians, but they are also known to eat snakes, crayfish, worms, water birds, aquatic plants,

DOGS ARE NOT AMPHIBIANS !

The kids were being misled !

He needs to be fired ASP !

If this happened in a 3rd world country, americans
would be screaming how savage it is ! Oh the
irony . . .

Because this could never happen to a small canine drinking from a river.... like say a puppy or a terrier hey......

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Guy needs a crack in the head with a bat.
Takes a special kind of demented soul to think this is okay

what if it was a sick rat fed to a python snake

or a sick billy goat fed to a crocodile

cat's n dogs are lucky critters... being cute is all that keeps them alive.. otherwise we'd eat them no prob.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

Because this could never happen to a small canine drinking from a river.... like say a puppy or a terrier hey......

I think it's kind of funny that you accused me of not having the ability to read a thread..

Reading. This seems to be very hard to do for some.

while this example already passed the revue.

Short question...did you noticed the fence around that body of water in the video you just posted? I didn't either. It is not a closed environment aka nature.

It makes a big difference.

Now go back and read the entire thread before rehashing moot points.

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Mar 2018 09:22:16 -0500am312220183 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Equating dogs to rats is a false narrative. The proof is in taking it to an extreme. Would you walk out in your backyard and kill a dog if it got near you? Of course not. That would be wrong. So how about a mosquito? Are you a hypocrite or is there a difference? And no, you can not use the mammal/insect argument.

Dogs have a higher sensibility. They have genuine emotions. They are intelligent. They are loyal. And, domesticated, dependent on us. Nowhere in that arrangement does it allow for using a sick puppy as a demonstration of how cruel life can be. Just because somewhere in the wild a turtle might actually try to eat a dog does not mean in a civilized world we can just toss sick puppies to a certain, painful, agonizing death. In a civilized world we try to heal the sick and wounded. When that is no longer possible we allow them to move on in the most painless respectful manner possible. We are not savages and we are capable of empathy.

If that teacher is so determined to show a bunch of junior high school kids how cruel life can be may a suggest taking a .357 slug to the face? That way at least no intelligent caring creatures would be harmed.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I love dogs. And I love hamburgers. Those cows, with their big marble-esque eyes. Ol bess was a sweetheart. Then we ate her.

edit on 15-3-2018 by Starhooker because: Spelled sweetheart wrong, jeez, get off my back breh

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: the owlbear

Point is - I agree a 'puppy' was not the wisest choice.

The puppy was sick.

And, we feed tiny baby rats to spiders and live healthy mice and rats to snakes every day - in science class.

So what are you upset about?

The fact it's a puppy?

Or kids were exposed to the truth?

If we are going to go the "Slippery Slope" angle why not a newly aborted human fetus that is still alive, but will not make it? The problem is where do we draw the line.

It involves a subjective ethics in our society, but I can see your point. It's how we are conditioned, and brainwashed from birth.

Mother-nature seems to equalize things when it's hungry, even humans will eat humans when there is nothing else to eat. Anyone remember the plane crash incident high, in the mountain? A movie was made about it.

However I do not see a reason for a teacher to traumatize a bunch of children, they'll get plenty of that in the real world. Teaching should be constructive not destructive.
edit on 15-3-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

awww naawwwww never mind the fact they helped us rise from stone age dwellers to agricultural masters

, dogs arent yer street rat !

Dogs paid their dues , dont you forget it ! I mean why do you think we revere dogs in society , because we owe them an immense debt of gratitude for helping us in probably the most fortuitous pairing of mammals in symbiosis the planet has ever seen!

edit on 15-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

right on, if his intention was to show cruelty take a walk outside the school !

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

This is true.

But I think think the main issue is that this event, if it happened and in the way purported, occurred in a western culture where dogs are typically not seen as food, pet or otherwise. Hence why the shock and horror. In most western cultures, dogs are seen as pets and very often their owners attribute hem with more love and care than we do to most people. I know I do..

Whereas in some asian cultures, dogs, while pets, are also food and animal rights are often not as regarded.

So that's why there is more outrage and outcry -- people who seen dogs as members of the family will be offended. Others, who see them as 'just another animal' or even a food source, will not be. (shrug).

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Also there is a theory that dogs may have also been the reason why we are here as homo sapiens still because they may have been a deciding factor in survival against other hominid species on earth , such as the neanderthal !

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Equating dogs to rats is a false narrative.

Dogs have a higher sensibility. They have genuine emotions. They are intelligent. They are loyal. And, domesticated, dependent on us.

As someone who has owned both dogs AND mice, I can assure you that you are wrong. Your limited perspective and unwillingness to see animals that aren't 'cute' as intelligent or having feelings and emotions is quite simply narrow minded.

Simply because a mouse cannot emote to you in the way a dog can does not make it worthy of the abuse you deem unfit for a dog. No, it will not play fetch with you, want you to scratch it behind the ears. But saying it deserves less than a dog? That is your emotions speaking. Peoples inability to see that all life deserves respect, not simply the cute and cuddly is what the problem is here.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

If it was a kitten, Id make heads roll. Seriously almost as bad as halal. When I was in the 3rd grade, I killed a moth at recess. Therefore I received no gold star sticker for the day. The teacher who reprimanded me killed every spider she saw. Some consistency in our outrage would be nice. The good news is, nobody will give a dang about this by friday cuz trump trump Russia Russia trump trump Russia Russia trump trump Russia Russia
North korea. Scared? Nervous? Here's a bottle of xanex and an AR15. What could possibly go wrong? And yes, I have long, sometimes audible conversations with myself. Being this pretty tends to alienate most people so I have to respond to my own posts. F.n.g.
edit on 15-3-2018 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

The dog was sick. In 'the wild' it would have succumbed to a predator.

This was a dog, not a wolf pup with mother or coyote.
It was not bred or raised "in the wild".
It was not born in the wild.
It did not get sick in the wild.
It did not live in the wild.

It was bred for human companionship and raised for the same. That makes it a human responsibility to care for, not a wild animal. This was a gross and sadistic failure of this man's humanity.

BTW- If you think this represents nature then perhaps next time you get the flu, someone should drop you in a lions cage at the zoo?

Anyway - what this class was taught? Nature at it's base, nature-ness.

Nature has it's own rules for survival as does mankind.
This gross staged spectacle with a pet had nothing to do with nature, it had everything to do with the worst possible characteristics of humans.

edit on 15-3-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Teachers don't kill sick puppies, turtles do

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join