It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahhh....Video States More Than Half Of Millennials Are Going Through "Quarter Life Crisis"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
Oh wow. I must be old, what happened to generation x, or those baby boomers? Are they still alive and kicking?

I must be old because they all sounded whiny to me, even though I think they may be older then me in phisical aspects. In fact since I don't know who millennial are, had to google it, they must have been gone bellow the radar not as loud and obnoxious as there predecessors.

I am pretty sure that each and every generation that came and likely will come will be just as obnoxious and whiny as there rest. Then they get old, and there memory and thought process gets sluggish, then they start thinking that they were something that they never were, or that they weren't a bunch of snot nosed little whiny brats, and so on it goes.

But anyways, catchy song there at the end.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrganizedChaos

originally posted by: toysforadults

Telling me in not guaranteed a job that at least buys me a roof over my head and puts on the table is aaking for a lot of trouble.

Really?? What kind of trouble is that?

What exactly makes you think that you are entitled to a job that buys a roof over your head & puts food on the table?

You are entitled to work, if you are legally able to do so.
If you can't put together enough funds from your work to buy a roof over your head or feed yourself, sorry that's on you.

Maybe you need to work harder or get an additional job like everyone else does.

What do young men do when they cant eat or find a place to sleep?

People can usually find shelter & food (Churches, friends, family etc).
Living that way or not wanting to live that way, is usually the motivation to improve your income/spending situation.

The problem in the UK is that we have a housing shortage; we're not building enough homes to matching the growing population. 300,000 homes a year need to built a year to be exact. In the 1990's the UK population was 55 million. Now it is 65 million. This has caused house prices to skyrocket. What were council houses given to families who had been bombed out of their original homes were sold off in the 1980's. While they were worth £80K, back then, they are now £300K luxury homes due to owners upgrading their homes with extensions, double-glazing, central heating, outhouses. We have 600,000 school leavers each year and they are being told they will have to wait unti they are 50 to afford to buy a house and start a family.

Others will point out that we have enough homes, it's just they are not being used, such as people going abroad to work and leaving their home empty. There are entire tower blocks of apartments that remain empty but are sold off to international investors first.

In the town I live in, a good number of the office blocks are vacant.There's the old courthouse, a couple of office blocks, even the building opposite my flat is empty. Yet, it took me four months to find a place to rent. I actually pay £700/month to live in a lower standard that anywhere else woud rent for £500. Why? because the NIMBY's oppose any residential property developments for fear it might lower their house prices. We even have a ban on further council house building programs because it would "distort the property market".

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not a single kid in my rough blue collar PA neighborhood got a participation trophy.

It was dangerous violent and poor.

We all had jibs at 13 and the majority of us were living on our own well before 18. I moved out at 16 and had my own apartment at 17.

These baby boomers are the real entitlement generation.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

This sounds an awful lot like a communist talking here.

He says he's been all around the nation 'educating' people? More like re-educating people.

Who does toysforadults work for here folks, and why are we wasting our time patronizing someone who appears to be too far gone for any meaningful dialog?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The millennials are just beginning to become politically aware. Things will change no matter how much you deride and mock them. They know media and organization.

You reap what you sow...Corinthians 6.7

Ya right.

Give them a gun and watch them freak out or shoot up a school.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: olaru12

Yup. As a Mill I spend my days interacting with the leadership for my local city council and every opportunity I get I engage with the local voting population to teach them about where our money is going.

Mainly to pensions. The elephant in the room.

A lot of people are becoming aware of this and the double dipping from the older genrrations and a lot of us want to put the breaks on it... Especially when they speak to us like this.

Take our money and see how far you get.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

aint that the truth , I have heard that there are some chancers up in scotland that took advantage of people going abroad like you said, to come home 8 months later to find someone living in their house because some chancers had broken in and sub let their house right from under them!

There are plenty of houses sitting empty , but we do need to build more , and to do that would require a national housing project using renewable sources of materials and energy , and that is where hemp crete comes in!

plus the amount of work it would create could stimulate our economy as long as the materials were grown and produced here in the UK by UK farmers.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

PS: Speaking of anecdotes. I'm a millennial. I joined the Army after I graduated high school in 2003, went to iraq, then used the GI Bill to pay for my college and now I work as an IT professional. I hate being stereotyped as a lazy generation just because I'm young. Old people are hypocrites because they pretend like they weren't lazy when they were younger.

Hmmn....

^^^ anecdotal much ^^^

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I was just discussing with my mother last night, how 18 year olds today are not nearly as mature as they were when I was 18. She wholeheartedly agreed. I have a 20 year old niece, who can't drive, has no job, and has zero understanding of how the world works.

They insisted we change the way we raise kids back in the 80's and 90's, and we're now all paying the price for raising a population of clueless individuals.

In my department at work, we've got 4 techs. We're supposed to have 5, but the final position has been vacated 3 times now by millenials. They just don't want to work, they just want the pay.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: MisterSpock
One of the weakest generations by far.

No kidding. My Great great grandfather's generation saw 16 year olds lying about their age on forms to volunteer to go overseas and fight, kill for, and die protecting our rights. My great grandfather's generation saw the same in WW2. My father's generation saw many do the same in Vietnam. This generation sees 16 year olds so flustered they need safe spaces and so balls to the wall that they're engaging in walkouts while demanding the same rights which were fought and died for now be stolen from us all? Anybody this weak... well, Darwin had a theory about them and, frankly, the faster the US re-embraces social Darwinism, the better we will be as a nation.

And those generations all spent wildly, built social safety nets and pensions for themselves on the backs of millennials, and when we came of age we were told that was all going away, but we would have to fund the previous 4 generations worth of extravagance.

Btw, the concept of social darwinism wasn't even created by Darwin, it was created by a failed economics professor who liked the competitiveness to life that it implied, and went on to popularize it. It's very different from Darwins actual theories. Darwins theory is that the species that survives is the one who can most adapt, the bastardized version is that the strongest survives.
edit on 15-3-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I'm thirty, I've been on my own since 18 and have done fine. My friends and I make good money now and all have professional jobs.

My experience has been that people who say they make good money, for the most part don't. The median income in the US is $60,000/year. That means you need to be making $120,000 household just to be average. Every time I challenge people on this point it comes out that they're in the $40-$60k household range which is effectively lower middle class. Furthermore, I like to bring up the budgets that people should be adhering too, and they always claim they can't do it, for example a house payment should be no more than 6% of your income.

People are not doing well, they may be comfortable because there's a lot of inexpensive comforts out there these days, but the big ticket items like solid investments, a proper retirement, and real quality of life issues like access to good health care and 6 weeks vacation a year to travel are beyond their reach.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
They think that in their 20s they should get paid as much as the guy thats been there 20 years.

Why not? I'm in software development. The software and languages I use haven't even been around for 10, in some cases 5 years. Why should the guy who did what is essentially unrelated work for 15 out of the last 20 years make so much more? What if I'm the one that's more productive? Experience is usually rewarded because it comes with efficiency, but if that worker isn't more efficient why should they get more?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Many folks want that 6 figure salary in their home town about 5 mins from their home and if someone has that they are probably running their own buisness or they got power ball winning type lucky.

I've got that. I make 6 figures working 20 hours/week, mostly remote. When I do go into the office it's less than a 5 minute commute. I never applied to the job, never gave them a resume. They contacted me directly and pulled me out of university to work for them. Granted, I got very lucky for that to happen but plenty of jobs out there pay a decent wage. No one should settle for anything that's less than $25/hour with a guaranteed 5% raise per year for entry level.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Yeah well we are f;ked if there is WW3.

Imagine trying to draft these wimps and teach them to use a gun?!!!

Remember fragging?

That's funny, you think WW3 will be fought with guns. WW3 is already in it's beginning stages and it's going to be an entirely digital war. Everyone is on the front lines. Hit individuals and disrupt their banking, stop commerce, stop utilities, shut down power grids, hack corporations and leak documents, disrupt the tax base. That's how WW3 is and will continue to be fought. Groups of hackers, some state actors doing as much damage as they can.

People like you who think with your gun are obsolete. The world has passed you by. You failed to keep up to date with how the world functions.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
There is one in particular here on ATS that I argued with who told me they deserve a 6 figure a year job right out of college, yet couldn't articulate what they bring to the table to warrant that kind of starting salary.

That was probably me a couple years ago. I got the job, lead software developer for a fortune 500 company. In a couple more months I'm likely getting a promotion that comes with a 50% pay increase.

I might be average to below average at what I do, but I can do a lot of things and that has some worth.
edit on 15-3-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

i am sorry you feel that way but if you try to do those things above don't be surprised if your elders take you across there knees and give your gen a spanking . do you seriously think if your gen votes to steal away social security citizens who paid in for decades would allow that to happen?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

i am sorry you feel that way but if you try to do those things above don't be surprised if your elders take you across there knees and give your gen a spanking . do you seriously think if your gen votes to steal away social security citizens who paid in for decades would allow that to happen?

Why not, we already let you vote away our retirements. The latest figures are that only 15% of my generation will be financially stable enough to retire.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yeah well we are f;ked if there is WW3.

Imagine trying to draft these wimps and teach them to use a gun?!!!

Remember fragging?

haven't you seen any of the recent war video games? I imagine most war wouldn't be fought with ground soldiers anyway - it would mostly be (and already is) automated computerized weapons which us lazy-video-game-addict millenials would be the ideal candidates for the control seat.

Just supply us with red bull and potato chips and we'll stare at that monitor for 16 hours straight.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join