It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruth Marcus of The WaPo: I would’ve aborted a fetus with Down syndrome.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Society murders people for convenience all the time. And if it's not outright murder -- usually vicious killers or foreign people in the wrong place at the wrong time -- society is perfectly content to let people suffer and rot in old folks' homes and prisons. In this country, enough people decided that it was okay to legally murder babies. In the old days, friendly old Dr. Jones would often just do the couple a favor and take care of it on his own.

Human life is cheap and getting cheaper. Supply and demand.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

i'd be curious what peoples first hand medical experience is?

i agree life is cheap and getting cheaper.

but where you talk about people getting murdered on some street corner, what i am talking about is incurable deadly illness.

not some backwoods MD doing an illicit illegal abortion without consent.

if everyone is so pro-life how many extremely disabled children have YOU fostered or adopted(let alone all the unwanted children in an awful situation)? my guess is none.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
if everyone is so pro-life how many extremely disabled children have YOU fostered or adopted(let alone all the unwanted children in an awful situation)? my guess is none.

I think you've mistaken my sincerity for sarcasm.

The abortion argument always seems to stray toward trying to prove whether or not an unborn baby is human and has human rights. I don't think it matters. I consider the real argument to be "does society have a right to kill people as it sees fit?" I think the answer is yes, and the Supreme Court, military and law enforcement all back that up. As for everyday folks like you and me, we don't aggressively go out and murder people, but we certainly neglect them to the point where it leads to it.

No disabled kids for me, thanks. I'll get a kitten.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I won't fault her for it.

I'm anti-abortion.

People need to learn to compromise.

Let's take what we can save.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Sick, that these people will excuse a murder, because the victim was not only helpless, but disabled (MAYBE), as well. Beyond sick. Flat out evil.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

The abortion argument always seems to stray toward trying to prove whether or not an unborn baby is human and has human rights.

The argument is not if the fetus is human or not.... It is about its ability to

survive on its own

Despite all the emotive enhanced 3D pictures of *babies*, the pre 5 month

gestational embryo (medical term) is unable to survive out of the womb their

organs are too under developed .... so are therefor entirely dependant

on another for their existance

6 Sep 2017 - The earliest a baby has been born and survived is 21 weeks and 5 days. Two premature babies hold the record for this. ... Usually, the earliest a baby can survive is about 22 weeks gestation. The age of viability is 24 weeks

Although abortion is legal up to 20 weeks, most take place before 16 weeks more

commonly before 12 weeks

During the third month of pregnancy, bones and muscles begin to grow, buds for future teeth appear, and fingers and toes grow. The intestines begin to form and the skin is almost transparent.

I don't think it matters. I consider the real argument to be "does society have a right to kill people as it sees fit?"

How can one kill what cannot independently exist

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The legal justification for murder. The slaughter of those that are truly innocent. Abortion.

It really is amazing how they justify womb violence.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

its hard to tell on the internet sometimes

i have a cat as well.

There are living humans right now dying on the street of hunger and illness/weather, i see it allot unfountintly. its funny how people can say dont kill that un-viable fetus and in the same motion wave off a homeless person standing right in front of them.

i talk about compassion and understanding and all that is reflected back by some people is blind knee jerk emotional reactions. Is abortion the ideal solution for ANY pregnancy, obviously not.

it is a very polarizing topic, for sure. but in the end it is not my or anyone but the family and doctor to make.

I even said i dont agree at all with some abortions, if you have a normal child inside of you and it is thru your own neglect of responsibilities get pregnant...oh well, give it up for adoption.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Would you guys want to be born with Down syndrome, in a bad family, broken home, no home, or simply unwanted? I honestly don't see the issue here. Abortion doesn't hurt that baby and the baby is completely unaware. The earth is already overpopulated, and filled with bad parents. I just don't get the big deal. You're basically killing an egg.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join