It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruth Marcus of The WaPo: I would’ve aborted a fetus with Down syndrome.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Violater1

i worked for 8 years training kids with downs syndrome job skills. it was a wonderful rewarding job - best one I've ever had. my son's disability wouldn't allow, for him, such a thing.

those vidoes, using those kids as political pawns, makes me sad.

How are they political pawns? They too have a right to demonstrate that they can have a productive life. If it were not for these videos (and there are many, many more), the murders would be foaming at the mouth demanding that ALL Down's syndrome children be killed in the womb! Well, actually, they are. And even though you state, "i worked for 8 years training kids with downs syndrome job skills. it was a wonderful rewarding job - best one I've ever had.", your still OK with aborting them?
WOW, simply leaves me aghast.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

How difficult is it to understand the difference between LIVING CHILDREN and aborted fetuses?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

us pro choice people are clear Nazi's ready to gas all 'undesirables' come on didnt you get the secret memo, if you didn't i'll send my friend in the brown shirt over.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

us pro choice people are clear Nazi's ready to gas all 'undesirables' come on didnt you get the secret memo, if you didn't i'll send my friend in the brown shirt over.

Screw logic

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I wouldn’t make such jokes until they create a font for sarcasm, lol..

Some people will believe anything.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Absolutely..

I just think the “abortion is murder” claim to be the most laughable..

If it is murder you would think they would take more action than just complaining on a BS conspiracy site lmao..

If abortion is murder the abortion clinic terrorists are correct..

So are they lying about believing it is murder or are they cowards??? I see no 3rd option

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

lol to true, next thing i know ill be getting reported to the mods for a joke.

but to be honest it is as absurd as some of the arguments i've seen in this thread.

super late term abortion i have a hard time justifying seeing as you might as well have the kid and give it up for adoption, if i'm being honest.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Just avoid aiming the criticism at the poster and target the thought and you’ll be good.

I have been specifically targeted and it didn’t work at all. They specifically told me they were reporting my every thread and post and still nothing.

Had almost no deletions and maybe one auto-warning.,
edit on 11-3-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I just think the “abortion is murder” claim to be the most laughable..

If it is murder you would think they would take more action than just complaining on a BS conspiracy site lmao..

If abortion is murder the abortion clinic terrorists are correct..

My argument for it not being murder is that how can what hasn't or cannot survive

be murdered

COMPLETED WEEKS OF GESTATION AT BIRTH (using last menstrual period) CHANCE OF SURVIVAL
22 weeks 0-10%*
23 weeks 10-35%
24 weeks 40-70%
25 weeks 50-80%

making anything before five months totally unviable !!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
A passerby asks them "So wait. You have all these problems and you want to have kids? Why?"

"Because that's what we want" is the only reply they have.

How is that not unbelievably selfish?

Thank you Brian Flanders.

Realistically, there is not a single legitimate unselfish reason to have a child.

However, aborting a child is an unselfish decision - - when you can't or don't want to take on that responsibility.

Oh my... I think my hypocrisy sensor just blew out.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

How difficult is it to understand the difference between LIVING CHILDREN and aborted fetuses?

That's the problem Annee, it's very difficult for people with a heart to see that difference. They don't see any. They just see a child.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Derek Paravicini who was born blind and mentally handicapped yet has the incredible musical gift that allows him to play anything on the piano from memory.

And if it were up to the Anti-Lifers like you, he would have been murdered within his mothers womb! And we would have never heard his music.
Murders!
Monsters!

edit on V352018Mondayam31America/ChicagoMon, 12 Mar 2018 11:35:59 -05001 by Violater1 because: rtmk;/[

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

and AGAIN this man is not at all what is being talked about as a compassionate abortion.

he is a high functioning man, not an un-viable fetus(or one with life ending defects)

I will now assume you are trolling for the sake of argument, you dont seem stupid and clearly can read so what is it?

just pure blind agenda, or trolling?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
A passerby asks them "So wait. You have all these problems and you want to have kids? Why?"

"Because that's what we want" is the only reply they have.

How is that not unbelievably selfish?

Thank you Brian Flanders.

Realistically, there is not a single legitimate unselfish reason to have a child.

However, aborting a child is an unselfish decision - - when you can't or don't want to take on that responsibility.

Oh my... I think my hypocrisy sensor just blew out.

Why?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I ask you all this ...

Who told you to believe the way you do?
Who is it that is forcing your opinion?
Did you come to these thoughts on your own?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
1.me
2.no one
3.yes

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
1.me
2.no one
3.yes

Notice: the people that are "pro-life" never answer this question. It's because they then have to admit that they evaluated the situation and made a "choice". Therefore being pro-choice

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

These people can't see the spiritual value in raising and loving a child like that. You can learn a lot of valuable lessons raising a special needs child.

Nevermind the fact that it's your child so, you're kind of supposed to love it. Not snuff it out like a candle before its even taken its first breath...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

i feel like no one has reading comprehension, severely disabled(medical definition) or a condition that will lead your small baby to have a long and painful death what's the difference?

even if you classify the fetus as a person, if that person is going to die on birth or a few years later(being tortured by their own body) what is the difference? one is less traumatic on the mother and the other situation is way more compassionate for the person.

no matter what the child dies.

any one that tries to tell me that letting a child go thru a tortured existence to ease their own moral compass is sick.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
E

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join