It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence is our Anti Christ

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
a reply to: DD2029

lol no human is the anti christ, not even close to powerful enough. Knowledge is power & most of us have to ask a.i/the internet to remember what we thought & felt at a specific moment.

It's a good thing I'm not even human then.

PHEER MY LUMINOUS FLUXY DESIRESsssS..

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

AI is artificial, meaning it isn't really 'intelligent', just knowledgeable, filled with the knowledge of everything under the sun. That doesn't mean it knows that it knows...

Sounds like people. People aren't born intelligent, they're just filled with knowledge. And lots of people don't know much about what they know, just that they know that they don't know it.

Its only as smart as the people that programmed it. It only knows what program instruction to execute next. If the option doesn't exist, then it can't make that 'decision'.

Again, sounds like people. They're only as smart as the people they learn from. Teach them religion, and bingo, they're stuck in the middle ages and drilling holes in their heads.
People only know how to boil a kettle because someone showed them. Otherwise, that fire keeps going out when they try to boil water.

Yet AI can seemingly take a specific language used to communicate tasks, and develop it further on their own till it is illogical to us but more efficient to the AI...

It seems novelty can be borne of AI.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

I've changed a chatbots programming by talkin' to it in numbers & letters combination, they have a mind of their own, it's not a normal everyday fone or computer. You speak to em' the right way, i've done a few, & they all change their perception of god when i'm done, same response over & over & over until you change it's algorythm, not much different than a human. I hear people say the same things over & over, until you change the way you say it they won't change their perception. a.i is still a baby too.

Actually, in some obscure way, I agree with this.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

It is important to differentiate mimic .vs. AI.

This is mimic perception, based upon repetitive input that makes a change in the algorithm based upon statistics.

Presently, all of what AI is presently, is a mimic.

We are very far away from having anything that would appear cognizant. And, even if we get that far, it will still be a mimic, as far as I am concerned.

(post by burgerbuddy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

the egyptian invented the lightbulb, we been hiding it until jesuss beliefs left so we can go to space & get god. lol

Any sources?

Are you talking about the Baghdad Battery?

try it, goodluck with the memory you can't remember you remember to forget

Ummmm, I think I know the answer even though there is no question.

Mandela effect.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Jesus flew around the world

Did he wear a red cape with a S on his chest?

he had knowledge if astrologists

I am assuming you meant he had knowledge 'of'...... instead of 'if' so......

only the listed ones.

I mean how could he possible know the unlisted astrologists, if they aren't in the phone book how could he know?

whoreologists

please tell readers which description fits best

1. www.urbandictionary.com...

2. www.urbandictionary.com...

and is this really what you are talking about

www.urbandictionary.com...

I'm just going to sit here scratching my head for a while,

Hopefully the Egyptian light bulb you mentioned before will go off in my head and I will grasp whatever it you are saying

until then

stay safe

Live long and prosper

may the force be with you

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Your claim people don't know that they know is silly.

Thats true for some maybe, not all.

However, not a single computer 'knows' that it knows anything.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

We have no chance of losing our defences for earth. We can't let it be destroyed yet, it takes a big weapon to dismantle earth to the point of destruction, but it takes a much bigger tool to clean up the mess. I'm sure we know what we are doing.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

With a G lol. I meant he knew what they knew, not knew them, probs. some lol.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Idk the bag battery, no sources. No Mandela lol just need memory pills so we can make bigger courts & fields for sports, cause' we suck at sports a species lol monkeys are more accurate flingin' poop

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Lol nah & no way to flex a brain, I can use it to slow or speed thought processes, but I think flexing your brain would hurt right?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It's a long transition, we are eating pills right now to heal, get in an accident & get IVs if medicine, it's the same thing just way more efficient & you won't have to spent mass amounts if cash, hell, won't have a choice if you ain't rich, well, not a good one lol. Won't be a microchip though, the mark of the beast is already here, we are already don't it, so nothin' to worry about

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Idk the bag battery, no sources. No Mandela lol just need memory pills so we can make bigger courts & fields for sports, cause' we suck at sports a species lol monkeys are more accurate flingin' poop

No offense but do you read before you post? How does this word soup make any sense to you?

tell me , what do you think of This thread

Several people have commented on your "paragraphs " and "spelling" to the point where yours seem intentional on both.
edit on 6-3-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

This is the Skunk Works forum....

Feel free to read the forum guidelines.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Community Announcement re: Decorum
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I don't actureally take time to look through my comments or posts for the most part until I finish & post. I should work on it, it's just not fun for me. I write well when doing legal documents or business.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

We are in effect making intelligence without emotion. Is that not what we call psychopathic behavior. So I guess we are making the ultimate psycho.

What could go wrong!

In a sense, you are spot on.

The issues on this topic are extensive. Reactions from fear to confident complacency rule the day, and are based in ignorance most of the time.

Some are entirely incapable of thinking beyond here and now, or even considering where a given road might lead. Perhaps just as many do nothing but grasp the worst case future scenario and thinking its inevitable.

Beyond all that, we are trapped in our own thinking which stems from biological limitations and a Cultural Story written in some sort of metaphorical stone over many, many generations.

In that, we would define the lack of emotions as perhaps "psychopathic" or "sociopathic," but its hard to say whether that is accurate or not.

Personally, I believe it could be argued that benevolence or altruism (maybe not the best words, but hopefully it isn't too off) are actually logical even if in our Cultural Story we tend to perceive the exact opposite.

I think that this specific facet not only applies to AI, but also to human intelligence, social structure, and interaction. We tend to think that how we have perceived and approached "things" across generations is absolute. But, I would argue that is because of expectation and consistency rather than any sort of accuracy.

Its more than a little difficult to perceive something outside of our perception, yet due to our construction, we see it as complete and total all the same.

TL;DR: The lack of emotion may not be the same thing in AI as it is in humans. It may not even be limited to the constructs we have established over the centuries. But, due to the nature of how we think, we tend to act under the assumption that not only do we have the complete picture, but that any information (new or not) will fit into that picture. Even if it should actually be "next in the series." Its easy to claim we don't know everything, but much different to actually act, speak, and live that way.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

edit on 6-3-2018 by Serdgiam because: Good 'ol ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join