It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's TWO passports

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I don't care that he has two passports! Reread my OP.....I clearly state that I don't believe having more than one passport is illegal!!!

This thread concerns why the White House used images of TWO passports and presented them as if they were images of ONE passport.

edit on 2/26/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

his dual citizenship

What was the dual citizenship ?
(I am going to enjoy this)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ok, so the consensus, so far, is that, HELL YES, the White House LIED and misled people into thinking the passport images shown in the video from the OP are from ONE passport when they are actually from TWO (or more) different passports.

But, it doesn't matter because it's legal to have more than one passport so the lying part is inconsequential.

Fwah.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
"Jumped the gun". Seems you could have come to the same conclusion as me or one that doesn't come with the baggage of implication. Your thread leads me to believe you are capable of of thinking things through but didn't because of ideas (possible bias) you have. I am glad you made the thread so it is out of the way. Not because it inspired much thought. This reply took a lot of thought and I think it's garbage. We're in the same boat. /love.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

his dual citizenship

What was the dual citizenship ?
(I am going to enjoy this)

Ha...U.S. and British subject (acquired at birth), U.S. and CUKC for a bit, then U.S. and Kenyan until 18....

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That is strange. A vain attempt to show Obama was a true US citizen and put down the conspiracies ? Yet , they show 2 passports as one . OOPS

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Cool

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Nope. It's been 8 years and no one in the WH has ever *cough* clarified the misunderstanding....even though no one except me seems to have noticed.

Sorry. You may want to pat yourself on the back for finding it obvious now that I pointed it out to you...but take a good long google search around....

No one noticed it was as obvious as you think it is.....(now that I pointed it out to you, of course).

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: MotherMayEye

For what purpose though? Obama has dual citizenship so it goes to reason he would have another passport. The folder probably contained both passports (hence passports with an "s") and in between cuts they laid the other on the table which so happened to be caught in the shot.

Not sure why this is a big deal or why they would want to deceive people when they could easily look up his dual citizenship. There's no reason to hide it.

Um....

Obama's Kenyan citizenship expired on 4 August 1984, when he became 23. Since then he has been the citizen of only one country, the USA.

Now, Kenya changed its laws in 2011, so if he wanted to he could become a dual citizen again. He just needs to fill out the application.

Not sure why you didn't know that when you can easily look it up. There's no reason to hide it.

edit on 26-2-2018 by Lumenari because: clarity

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

What do you think the reason was?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Lots of people have multiple passports. It's not illegal.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Lots of people have multiple passports. It's not illegal.

From the OP:

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
As far as I know, it’s not illegal to have more than one passport, so why was the fact that there are at least TWO obfuscated? Why does the video mislead people into thinking they are being shown ONE passport?

Let me know when you read the OP and are capable of discussing the issue raised: The WH lied and misled people into thinking portions of TWO passports were portions of only ONE passport.

TIA!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

What do you think the reason was?

I can only speculate....and I am not going to do that in this thread.

HOWEVER, I would love to hear your speculations. As the thread author, I don't want to undermine the factual information I presented with my own speculations, too.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

A little more info

www.washingtonpost.com... aders-report-says/?utm_term=.29065f9ac80c

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
But what purpose was advanced by the video?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I can't read it without a subscription.

Can you quote some of the most interesting parts for me?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Obama doesn't have dual citizenship. That was a conspiracy theory put forth to claim he wasn't eligible to be president. He is a citizen of the United States only.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You're making a mountain out of a molehill. As others have mentioned it's not unusual for someone, especially someone in the government, to have two passports.

The point of the segment wasn't to make Obama appear more legitimate. It was to show that Presidents also have to get their passport stamped. They used both because, as you yourself have pointed out, one of the passports has a cut off picture. That passport also looks like it might be older. So they show the passport that has the better picture but then show the passport with more stamps.

It's nothing nefarious. Just maybe a bit vain. While still conveying the message that was intended.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
But what purpose was advanced by the video?

Well, it showed that Obama had a U.S. passport that reflected personal info which shows he is eligible to be POTUS.

But, it also showed another passport that appears to be issued to the 'President of the United States' -- but none of that info is shown in that particular passport.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join