It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's TWO passports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here’s an interesting anomaly that I have held back on writing a thread about, but I think it warrants its moment of discussion:

Obama’s Passports. (Emphasis on the plural.)

To begin, I’d like for you to watch this very brief video from ‘The Obama White House’ youtube account, back in 2010.

“Mailbag Day! This West Wing Week the administration responds to the letters and emails sent in by you. Find out whether the President gets stamps in his passport…”

Well, it’s just a nifty video showing the President’s passport, isn't it? (Emphasis on the singular.) I hope you watched it.

Although it's brief, it warrants a recap…so, here’s the question addressed:

Here’s a screenshot from the video showing the photo-ID page of the “President’s passport:”

Here are the stamps from the “President’s passport:”

And, here’s the page that says “The bearer of this passport is the President of the United States:”

It’s all so gorgeously presented and *voila* the question that was asked was answered in the most amazingly transparent way EVAH.

But…wait…not so fast....

That folder the goober holds up actually says, “POTUS PassportS.”

'Passports' is plural. Hmmm…the video only refers to the president’s passport (singular), so that must be a meaningless typo, eh?

No.

Through sleight of hand and video editing, 'The Obama White House’ youtube account misled viewers, in 2010, that they were presenting viewers with only one passport in that video.

But, look again at the passport photo of Obama, here:

AND compare it with the visible portion of the photo, here:

It’s TWO different passports.

The top of his Obama's head is cropped in one passport and not in the other.

So…there are TWO passports that were filmed in this video. Yet, the video was edited to make it seem as if we were being shown ONE passport. At NO POINT does anyone in the video mention that they are presenting viewers with pieces and partial views of TWO DIFFERENT passports edited together to appear as if it is one passport.

In fact, the information in the first passport shown may not match what's in the other one -- the bearer of which is "the president of the United States."

At no point, in this *official* video, does anyone suggest President Obama had TWO passports…other than the label on the folder.

As far as I know, it’s not illegal to have more than one passport, so why was the fact that there are at least TWO obfuscated? Why does the video mislead people into thinking they are being shown ONE passport?

I’ve meant to post on this topic earlier -- but it's not something I picked up on for years. But It’s time we revisit some of these questions now that Democrats have demonstrated they don’t take every document they are shown as authentic either.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have a government and a civilian passport. one reddish one blue different design
edit on 26-2-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
I have a government and a civilian passport. one reddish one blue different design

Congratulations!!!!!

Try reading next time.

This video presents images and pieces of two passports as if they are one.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

What do you mean by that?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

You would only produce a video like that if you wanted to hide something and or get rid of some controversy. I can't imagine what that would be.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You would only produce a video like that if you wanted to hide something and or get rid of some controversy. I can't imagine what that would be.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I wonder what nefarious deeds Obama could be using two separate passports for? The horror!

Seriously, it sounds like Obama is living rent free in people's heads (see what I did there?).

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I wonder what nefarious deeds Obama could be using two separate passports for? The horror!

Seriously, it sounds like Obama is living rent free in people's heads (see what I did there?).

Stop.

The video was created with the intent to deceive people into believing they were viewing pages and pieces of ONE passport but they were viewing pages and pieces of TWO.

That is the point of this thread, not what "nefarious deeds" he could be using two for.

*SNIP**

edit on 2/26/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Please post on topic and remember everyone's opinions are welcome. If you are posting an opinion about another member you are in fact off topic and breaking forum rules.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I see what you mean. It does look as if they used 2 passports as portrayed as one. Like someone above said, he can have more than one kind. I think you may have jumped the gun here though. Just because it seems they used two doesn't mean anything is going on. This could have been done to keep presidential travel information private while using a good photo of Obama for PR.

I understand why you made this thread and I am glad. I just don't think there is anything to see here.

Edit:
As far as people being asses here, you kinda started it.
edit on 26-2-2018 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

link   

Right, and that is why they left the images that shows there are two?

In my opinion it is just video editing license (poetic license for the 21st century).

link   

For what purpose though? Obama has dual citizenship so it goes to reason he would have another passport. The folder probably contained both passports (hence passports with an "s") and in between cuts they laid the other on the table which so happened to be caught in the shot.

Not sure why this is a big deal or why they would want to deceive people when they could easily look up his dual citizenship. There's no reason to hide it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

That is the point of this thread, not what "nefarious deeds" he could be using two for.

It sounds like a First World Problem. If this is your "point," then wonders, Why? IOW, what's the point of your point? Even if you're right, which I doubt, it still doesn't matter. Obama is a PAST President. His time is over. It's a done deal. Find something else to worry about. Bottom Line: NOBODY CARES!
edit on 2/26/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

This may interest you, but I have a federal job that may require me to travel internationally. If so, I have to turn in my civilian passport and they would give me a diplomatic passport, so technically, I would have two different passports.

It's a good question, though, because it appears that the one first shown is different from the one where they show the stamps, but the one where they show his full picture and info seems to be his official portrait, after becoming president, so I don't know why that one would be on a personal one unless he used his official picture for that purpose.

In any event, who knows, and honestly, it's a pretty big non-issue. I don't think that it was their intent to deceive in it being the same passport, because they probably don't even think it matters, which it doesn't.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I see what you mean. It does look as if they used 2 passports as portrayed as one. Like someone above said, he can have more than one kind. I think you may have jumped the gun here though. Just because it seems they used two doesn't mean anything is going on. This could have been done to keep presidential travel information private while using a good photo of Obama for PR.

I understand why you made this thread and I am glad. I just don't think there is anything to see here.

Edit:
As far as people being asses here, you kinda started it.

Jumped what gun?

When I said they showed parts of two passports but purported they were showing ONE passport?

How so?

Also, I don't care if I am an ass or if you think I am one. You can't be a pushover and talk about topics, like this, when asses are guaranteed to respond and bury the point of this thread, immediately.

Which they did.
edit on 2/26/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
DP

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Right, and that is why they left the images that shows there are two?

In my opinion it is just video editing license (poetic license for the 21st century).

Please...do tell me where people caught on to this because it was so obvious.

It was NOT obvious...no one noticed it except me as far as I know.

ETA: The video was DECEPTIVELY FILMED & EDITED to make it look like we were shown ONLY ONE PASSPORT.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's only a big deal because the video was created to make it appear as if ONE passport was being shown. Oe where the 'bearer is the president of the United States' and the personal information shown belongs to that passport.

But that's not so.

Please stop trying to conflate my point into something else that is easier for you to debate and discuss.

It is a deceptively filmed video that came from 'The Obama White House.'

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join