It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was OBAMA's Inspector General Probe Designed To Hurt President Trump..But Is Now Backfiring?.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
February 24, 2018

According to this one-page Office of Inspector General notice, oig.justice.gov... (PDF), it was President OBAMA's Department of Justice who initiated an investigation into potentially illegal actions, leading up to the 2016 Presidential election. It was launched on January 12, 2017...just 8 days before Barack Obama left office, and Donald Trump was sworn-in as President.

This hugely important Inspector General investigation has been ongoing for more than 1 year now. The final report is supposed to be released next month (March 2018), but Inspector General Michael Horowitz said that it could take longer, due to the volume of evidence arriving from "whistle-blowers".

QUESTION: Why would President Obama allow this high-powered investigation to initiate, unless he felt that info would be uncovered which might unseat President Trump?

It appears that his intent has BOOMERANGED, because evidence shows that Obama's DOJ-FBI officials worked with HILLARY/FUSION/STEELE, et al., and broke many U.S. Federal Laws in the process.

Anyway, it was surprising to learn today that this Investigation was launched by President Obama's Department of Justice. I wonder if he regrets enabling it yet?

P.S. If anyone knows a short-cut for pasting an image of the above referenced OIG notice to this thread, please do so for me. Thanks in advance!

-CareWeMust
edit on 2/25/2018 by carewemust because: minor title adjustment

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Its as if Barack thought he was above the law.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Now you went and done it.
The Leftist’s heads will explode for sure now.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

QUESTION: Why would President Obama allow this high-powered investigation to initiate, unless he felt that info would be uncovered which might unseat President Trump?

Because there was cause to suspect some people may have been breaking the law.

It appears that his intent has BOOMERANGED, because evidence shows that Obama's DOJ-FBI officials worked with HILLARY/FUSION/STEELE, et al., and broke many U.S. Federal Laws in the process.

I've seen no such evidence. I've seen people make that claim, but nothing presented to validate such a claim.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Barack and Hillary were above the law...until Trump won.

The Obama/Clinton cartel expected trump to lose so their secrets would be safe. Plan B kicked in when he didn't. Apparently those 30k missing emails contain some pretty damning stuff that must never, ever see the light of day.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

So are conservatives now getting scared that the IG report isnt going to go the way they thought it would after blasting the airwaves for months?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

A friendly bureaucracy and DoJ could more or less bury that report as could a friendly press.

Whatever it said, and IG Horowitz has been fighting headwinds for a long, long time now, you can be sure no one would have really ever known had things gone as planned.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Its as if Barack thought he was above the law.

I think Barack was still in TOTAL SHOCK, and desperate to not let Donald Trump stay in office long.

In December 2016, he removed all barriers to Intel agencies sharing the intelligence collected on Trump and his campaign.

In January 2017, he had this DOJ investigation launched.

Just throwing out a net, hoping to eventually catch Moby Dick.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

So are conservatives now getting scared that the IG report isnt going to go the way they thought it would after blasting the airwaves for months?

You may be correct, actually.

As is normal in cases like this where many on the Right, including the Right Wing media, have made very specific claims about something, the closer we get to the conclusion the more they create an air of conspiracy around it.

It's a defense mechanism so that they do not have to admit they were wrong, or bat# crazy, if things do not pan-out the way they hoped.

Hillary's emails were a good example, as well as the Benghazi investigations.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The 2 reports from the House and Senate Intelligence committees this month, show that laws were broken.

You must watch and read only Liberal media... Correct?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
Barack and Hillary were above the law...until Trump won.

The Obama/Clinton cartel expected trump to lose so their secrets would be safe. Plan B kicked in when he didn't. Apparently those 30k missing emails contain some pretty damning stuff that must never, ever see the light of day.

I thought those 30,000 e-mails were related to Hillary illegally keeping classified information on her home computer? I could be wrong. There are 5 seperate investigations into activities of Hillary since 2011. Hard to keep track.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

A) Obama thinks Trump is guilty of something.

B) Obama wanted to attack and punish Trump for winning.

Those are really the only two scenarios that make sense.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

I've seen no such evidence. I've seen people make that claim, but nothing presented to validate such a claim.

That's because you are a stone cold partisan covering your eyes and obviously don't do much reading outside of what you want to hear.

The evidentiary items are out there and building. The demotions and reassignments should be a clue. Wray's memo to his agents after McCabe's departure referenced the IG report. Also remember this name: Bill Priestap.

Makes no difference to me what you erroneously profess to believe, the truth is coming out.

edit on 24-2-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The 2 reports from the House and Senate Intelligence committees this month, show that laws were broken.

No. They imply that laws were broken, but do not provide any evidence.

You must watch and read only Liberal media... Correct?

Why do you assume someone has to inform themselves only through the media?

Because the Right Wing media told you so?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Since the Inspector General heading the investigation (Michael Horowitz) was promoted to that position by Obama himself, it's possible that you may be onto something. Not likely...but POSSIBLE.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

That's because you are a stone cold partisan covering your eyes and obviously don't do much reading outside what you want to hear.

Ok. Can you provide that clear evidence of what was claimed, or are you relying on ad homs to make some sort of point?

The evidentiary items are out there and building. The demotions and reassignments should be a clue. Wray's memo to his agents after McCabe's departure referenced the IG report.

Makes no difference to me what you erroneously profess to believe the truth is coming out.

It's coming out? So the evidence is not out yet?

As I thought.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That is logical. After all, Obama didn't know that there would be a Special Counsel (Bob Mueller) investigation. So he had to do what he could to throw sand in the gears and hope for a breakdown.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Obama thought the fix was in.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That is logical. After all, Obama didn't know that there would be a Special Counsel (Bob Mueller) investigation. So he had to do what he could to throw sand in the gears and hope for a breakdown.

No, it is not very logical.

Logic would say that one of the options would be as I described in my first post. There may have been cause and reason to start the investigation.

Not sure why that would be dismissed.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

"Coming out" as in evidentiary items being reported elsewhere in spite of being ignored by the corrupted MSM. Sara Carter, The Last Refuge, etc. Plenty of documents being referenced.

If you had a real interest in digging for truth wherever it leads I'd link, but that never seems to work with you so I figure it's a waste of time. I'm considering a thread though. If I put it together I'll give you a heads up so you don't miss it.

Seriously, Intro, it's pretty easy to see if you dig. I hope you do. At one time I had enough respect for you that you would follow the evidence wherever it leads, but I haven't seen that from you in the last year.

edit on 24-2-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join