It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was OBAMA's Inspector General Probe Designed To Hurt President Trump..But Is Now Backfiring?.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: The GUT

James Comey confused a lot of people too, when he cleared Hillary in July 2016, then helped her lose the election by reopening her criminal investigation.

From what I understand, there was a small mutiny brewing in Comey's department.

He HAD to reopen the case or else the other FBI investigators would have leaked that the FBI was sandbagging the case.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: carewemust

A) Obama thinks Trump is guilty of something.

B) Obama wanted to attack and punish Trump for winning.

Those are really the only two scenarios that make sense.

(C) Obama just really dislikes Trump.

link   
a reply to: whywhynot

You are awesome, WhyWhyNot. Thanks for posting that image of the January 12, 2017 OIG Notice. That last sentence is what those familiar with the investigation say may cause it to take longer than originally planned. It will not close, as long as new evidence/info keeps arriving.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I loved that last line too. Oh boy!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Obama had to have known that Trump didn't do anything wrong.

If Obama HAD known, then he'd have stopped Trump before Trump had ruined his legacy.

This is administrative whine made from sour grapes bottled by Obama.

In my opinion.

But government is YUGE and moves slowly. Lots of intel was gathered, but not yet analyzed. I believe that's why Obama suddenly removed barriers that restricted the various Intel Agencies from sharing info with each other in December 2016.

If there was dirt on Trump somewhere in the reams of data, he wanted all eyes looking for, and exposing it, ASAP.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

My understanding is that the OIG's mission is oversight and investigation in general. That is what he's appointed for. Under his overall responsibility he is allowed to follow the evidence wherever it leads when it comes to malfeasance and such.

The suggestions from Congress members weren't the order of a "launch" under their authority but, rather, a request to look into those areas that are under his charter.

It's too bad that Jeff Sessions is (so far) ignoring similar calls from Congress and the President, to launch a Special Prosecutor or Federal Grand Jury investigation, complete with all the authority and resources that come with such a high-powered investigation.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

a reply to: whywhynot

Can "Chairman and Ranking members" of Congress launch an OIG investigation? Isn't that up to the Inspector General (Michael Horowitz) with approval of his boss, Attorney General Loretta Lynch?

I’m just reading the notice. My bet is that the OIG launches it but needs the, lets call it, probable cause coming from the people listed. Justification so to speak.

That makes sense. Unfortunately, the JUSTIFICATION for launching the OIG investigation aren't known, just like the JUSTIFICATION for obtaining the FISA Spy Warrant isn't known. Need to see the source letters/transcripts.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

He HAD to reopen the case or else the other FBI investigators would have leaked that the FBI was sandbagging the case.

That is basically what I'm gathering as well. More and more of the recent reporting suggests some FBI Agents had enough of seeing their beloved agency abused and have pointed in that direction as well as some of the other offshoot investigations.

As much as the FBI needs to be reformed, we should always remember there are some very fine folk there too. I think they have finally found conditions right to make an actual change.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A) Obama thinks Trump is guilty of something.

B) Obama wanted to attack and punish Trump for winning.

Those are really the only two scenarios that make sense.

(C) Obama just really dislikes Trump.

He has publically attacked both businessman Donald Trump and presidential candidate Donald Trump. Didn't Obama stand up on a stage and insult audience member Donald Trump, about 4 years ago?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

James Comey confused a lot of people too, when he cleared Hillary in July 2016, then helped her lose the election by reopening her criminal investigation.

Good point. I believe OIG "cooperating witness" BILL PRIESTREP is one of those in the FBI who was angered over how Lynch/Comey/Stryzok was bending and breaking rules for Hillary.

Recent Info: www.themarketswork.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

30k missing emails

Were they missing ? Any email that passes through an email server is generally kept for a rather lengthy period of time .
Perhaps those emails contained "stuff" that the government just cannot figure out how to release yet. Without major revolution.....

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

That is basically what I'm gathering as well. More and more of the recent reporting suggests some FBI Agents had enough of seeing their beloved agency abused and have pointed in that direction as well as some of the other offshoot investigations.

As much as the FBI needs to be reformed, we should always remember there are some very fine folk there too. I think they have finally found conditions right to make an actual change.

It needs changing.
No doubt that there are good people working for the FBI.
The problem is that there are some not so good people in positions of power.
edit on 2018-02-25T00:30:10-06:002201825America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I think so, there is no doubt, Obama has stated publicly enough times how he feels about Trump.
edit on 25-2-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

What reports were those? And who is saying laws were broken?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

My understanding is that once Hillary's e-mails were re-discovered on Wiener's laptop ( Huma's perv hubby ) by Leo's, the cat was out of the bag. The Leo's reviewed the e-mails and turned it over to the FBI, at that point too many good guys had seen them for Comey to down play them a second time and had no choice but to re-open the investigation....lol...he's been scrambling ever since !

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Obama had to have known that Trump didn't do anything wrong.

Everybody's doing things wrong all the time. It's just a question of whether you can collect enough evidence to make your accusations stick.

Hence, the investigations.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I think so, there is no doubt, Obama has stated publicly enough times how he feels about Trump.

I was just watching a video of a 1995 Q&A held by Professor Obama at Cambridge. He described how he "returned home" to Africa to visit his paternal Grandmother. That changed his perspective on a lot of things here in America.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What reports were those? And who is saying laws were broken?

Senate Intelligence Report and the House Intelligence Report
Link to Article: www.nationalreview.com...

Every attorney who believes the intelligence, intreprets it to say that laws were broken.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Now you went and done it.
The Leftist’s heads will explode for sure now.

You keep saying that, yet here my head is, all unexploded.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

"Coming out" as in evidentiary items being reported elsewhere in spite of being ignored by the corrupted MSM. Sara Carter, The Last Refuge, etc. Plenty of documents being referenced.

Yet, sadly, none of what has "come out" actually proves what you and others claim.

If you had a real interest in digging for truth wherever it leads I'd link, but that never seems to work with you so I figure it's a waste of time. I'm considering a thread though. If I put it together I'll give you a heads up so you don't miss it.

Empty platitudes.

Seriously, Intro, it's pretty easy to see if you dig. I hope you do. At one time I had enough respect for you that you would follow the evidence wherever it leads, but I haven't seen that from you in the last year.

I really couldn't care less. As usual, you guys talk a good game but fail to produce results at the end of the day.

Perhaps you should be more concerned about what is the truth and not trying to fit "facts" to form with your confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join