It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN endorses a plan to create and Organize student lobbyist group targeting specific legislations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Meh the right has their darlin' news station, the left can have theirs I suppose.

It's awfully bad these days though. Has gotten progressively worse.

Much like how brown the fox news hosts noses are when they know dear leader is watching.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'll give you Hannity. Orielly is gone so he's no longer a factor. But really, Fox seems to have mellowed since the election. They even went after Trump during the GOP elections and largely sided with never-Trumpers. That is...until Trump won the nomination.

Aside from that, at least they do have some clearly liberal hosts. The only one I care to watch is Tucker. He's constantly bringing in liberal guests and debates them with common sense from what I've seen.
edit on 24-2-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I don't watch it enough. I can't stand Tucker, asks nothing but loaded questions.

I heard a fox new host say that high schoolers hated America and that teenagers should respect adults and therefore not disagree with Marco Rubio..

And the other day I was watching fox and friends for some reason and I swear they were saying things and pausing, as if waiting to see if Donald was going to tweet about it before they moved on to the next segment.

I can't stand watching any of that dribble though. There were some on CNN and Fox I enjoyed in the past, but the partisan attitude is just far too high now.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Wookiep

I don't watch it enough. I can't stand Tucker, asks nothing but loaded questions.

I heard a fox new host say that high schoolers hated America and that teenagers should respect adults and therefore not disagree with Marco Rubio..

And the other day I was watching fox and friends for some reason and I swear they were saying things and pausing, as if waiting to see if Donald was going to tweet about it before they moved on to the next segment.

I can't stand watching any of that dribble though. There were some on CNN and Fox I enjoyed in the past, but the partisan attitude is just far too high now.

~Tenth

It's so much better to be unplugged.
CNN, Fox News, etc...only exist due to sponsors. Those that buy ads.
The more outlandish the news, the more viewers. The more viewers, the more ads sold. Cable tv is going the way of the newspaper. They know it. Luckily for cable providers in the states the overturn of Net Neutrality will give them a slight boost as they throttle anyone else on their lines.
Whoever pays the most, gets the fastest bandwidth. Be it Soros or the Koch brothers...
Capitalism at its finest.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Can we say George Soros?

Yes we can.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

That's why I enjoy being a Canuck. We still have some REAL journalism.

The ironic part is people don't' watch it cause it's boring.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Perhaps CNN is trying to salvage it's dying carcass by appealing to the under 25 demographic.

Lord knows they blew it with the age 25-45 bracket.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Sad part is, all 3 networks combined, only average about 1.5 million viewers for any specific chunk of the day.

I know Youtubers with better daily numbers.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit
Think about it..... the students sound like Pawns in an adult p-ing match

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Can we say George Soros?

Yes we can.

SAY IT AGAIN........... George Soros.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
All of the kids i saw being repeatedly paraded across multiple platforms in the last week are repeating the same buzz words and acting choreographed AF. Not one person that has been interviewed understands what an assault rifle is. They are far to emotional to see the bigger picture that our gun culture IS what has kept this country safe from being invaded.

I agree that what happened was terrible, but it’s not a good reason to disarm responsible gun owners.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Even if it’s not Soros himself, it is some agency taking part in Soros like support for the emotional and irrational fringe. CNN organized that spectacle they called a town hall meeting. CNN fed those kids with talking points. Most of us are not willing to allow emotional kids to dictate our political direction? Is it fair to use these kids as emotionally loaded puppets? Is it fair to use these kids against those who would prefer to be able to protect themselves or others? For the most part, they are not even 18. They have no experience outside of their parents protection.

And then to throw in the failure of the local and federal authorities. All while they are yelling about “guns are the problem” and “new laws will fix everything.”

It is a circus with a light show and surround sound. An all encompassing opinion manufacturing machine.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So should we tell those kids that their free speech doesn't count because the Right wing disagrees with it?

Should government step in and put an end to this propaganda?
edit on 24-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
So should we tell those kids that their free speech doesn't count because the Right wing disagrees with it?

Should government step in and put an end to this propaganda?

No, you should tell the kids that the Constitution doesn't agree with them and it's not up for debate, and they only get the right to free speech because of the Constitution.

edit on 24/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Can we say George Soros?

Yes we can.

Prove it.

Prove Soros funded the ads that funded CNN during this broadcast.
Money trails are easy to follow.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Even if it’s not Soros himself, it is some agency taking part in Soros like support for the emotional and irrational fringe. CNN organized that spectacle they called a town hall meeting. CNN fed those kids with talking points. Most of us are not willing to allow emotional kids to dictate our political direction? Is it fair to use these kids as emotionally loaded puppets? Is it fair to use these kids against those who would prefer to be able to protect themselves or others? For the most part, they are not even 18. They have no experience outside of their parents protection.

And then to throw in the failure of the local and federal authorities. All while they are yelling about “guns are the problem” and “new laws will fix everything.”

It is a circus with a light show and surround sound. An all encompassing opinion manufacturing machine.

Again.

Prove it.

Show me the money trail from Soros to this one CNN program.

If not, this is simply your extrapolation and your opinion, nothing more.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I never said it was Soros. I plainly said that CNN funded it and coached these kids.
edit on 24-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

CNN is nothing but opinion pieces

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I'll give you Hannity. Orielly is gone so he's no longer a factor. But really, Fox seems to have mellowed since the election. They even went after Trump during the GOP elections and largely sided with never-Trumpers. That is...until Trump won the nomination.

Aside from that, at least they do have some clearly liberal hosts. The only one I care to watch is Tucker. He's constantly bringing in liberal guests and debates them with common sense from what I've seen.

Shep Smith is the real Lib, Juan doesn't count.

Yes, Hannity is a big fan of Trump. He's a basics kind of guy, like a lot of us.

He (trump) has his haters that are just as bad on CNN and other places. Late nite show hosts that reach a hell of a lot more people than the news shows.

Tucker is a monster with his lib guests. lol! He destroys them like Conan the Barb.

Martha does a pretty good job too.

It's good to see honest debates. Cavuto, Varney and Bartiromo have good shows also.

Mark Levin is starting his show on Fox this week, I think. He's a wildman. More of a Rush than a Tucker but I like listening to him.

Never have listened to RL or Infowars except when they have been quoted somewhere, in case someone needs to throw that at me.

Anyway, I lived on CNN and the BBC for 7 yrs from 9/11. Couldn't take the BS anymore and got the Fox Package for the Simpsons, Fox news came with it.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I never said it was Soros. I plainly said that CNN funded it and coached these kids.

Prove that.

Show me something that isn't an opinion.
Show me a document.
Show me a bill since CNN "funded it".

Prove it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join