It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Sourced List of FAKE NEWS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Last June I posted a list. I had been keeping a list 'fake news' stories and shared it with ATS.

One of the LOUD suggestions was that I take the time to add links and sources.
As I already have a career, this was a daunting request.

I have been picking away at it though.

Right now, I only have up to February 2017 completed, but as you will see, it's not short.

I also tried to be selective and remove stories that were 50/50 or lacking in evidence.
None the less, it's a LOT of dang work.

Plenty of 'Fake News' lists already exist online.
I felt that I had to own my convictions and create one for myself. I make no claims that it
is the definitive list.

I'll try and add more as time allows. I'll just add it to this post over the coming months

So here it is:
NOVEMBER 2016

New York Magazine: Tri-State Election Hacking
nymag.com... er/2016/11/activists-urge-hillary-clinton-to-challenge-election-results.html
DEBUNKED: www.nytimes.com... s/us-statement-on-reliability-of-election-results.html
DEBUNKED: fivethirtyeight.com... -hacking-explain-the-election-results/

DECEMBER 2016

Politico: Trump’s pick for Treasury supported 27 cent foreclosure
www.politico.com... losed-homes-mnuchin-232038
DEBUNKED: twitter.com...
RETRACTION: www.politico.com... y-steven-mnuchin-brian-brooks-drops-out-243729

WaPo: Russia hacked the Electricity Grid
www.washingtonpost.com... us-electricity-grid-through-a-utility-in-vermont/2016/12/30/8fc90cc4-ceec-11e6-b8a2-8c2a61b0436f_story.html?utm_term=.d9e502a718eb
RETRACTION: WaPo put a correction to the hyperbole. One laptop was affected, the Russians did not enter the grid.

JANUARY 2017

White House Website used to Promote Melania Trump’s business
www.washingtonpost.com... /white-house-website-promotes-melania-trumps-modeling-and-jewelry-line/?utm_term=.d8ae627bdf84
MISLEADING: The White House website includes a brief biography of first lady and former model Melania Trump. Her bio lists some of her professional accomplishments, which include launching a line of jewelry and posing for several major magazines. This is hardly the scandal promised in the Post's headline. The word "promotes" suggests some sort of abuse of the White House website for personal gain and/or profit.

CNN: Nancy Sinatra angry Trump would use “My Way” at Inaugural Ball
DEBUNKED: www.breitbart.com... ongrats-trump-slams-cnn-lie-cnn/
RETRACTION: www.cnn.com... y/

NYT: Climate Change website purge
www.nytimes.com... se-website.html?_r=1
DEBUNKED: www.snopes.com...

NYT: MLK Bust removed
time.com...
SELF DEBUNKED: "Correction: An earlier version of the story said that a bust of Martin Luther King had been moved. It is still in the Oval Office."

NBC News: Betsy DeVos wants guns in schools to fight Grizzly Bears
www.nbcnews.com... sy-devos-schools-might-need-guns-due-potential-grizzlies-n708261
MISLEADING: She said it, but the article added emphasis as if to show that she WANTED guns in all schools to fight off bears. She was citing a single instance anecdotally from memory.

Observer: Trump’s hands Photoshopped larger
hotair.com... 27/freakout-of-the-day-trump-photoshopped-his-hand-in-white-house-photo/
DEBUNKED: www.washingtonpost.com... 4d3b

Washington Post: Trump violated the sacrosanct CIA Wall by giving a speech
www.washingtonpost.com... 81
OMISSION: Obama also did this.
PLUS:
CBS: Trump brought staffer to cheer for him during CIA Visit
www.thedailybeast.com... -visit
DEBUNKED: Entire issue not established nor verified by CBS aside from anonymous sources. Sean Spicer denied, offered proof that the front row for sure was not staffers.
www.snopes.com...

CNN: SCOTUS Twitter Contest error
twitter.com...
SELF DEBUNKED: twitter.com...

edit on 2-2-2018 by ExVoto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
JANUARY 2016 CONTINUED

FOX, HuffPo: Iraqi who traveled to get mother blocked from re-entry
www.fox2detroit.com... /news/local-news/detroit-family-caught-in-iraq-travel-ban-says-mom-died-waiting-to-come-home
DEBUNKED: www.fox2detroit.com... ocal-news/man-who-claimed-mom-died-in-iraq-after-trumps-ban-lied-imam-confirms

ThinkProgress, Rich Hine: Trump blows Comey a Kiss
twitter.com...
DEBUNKED: dailycaller.com... read-fake-news-about-trump-blowing-comey-a-kiss/

AP: Trump's voter fraud expert was registered to vote in three states
apnews.com...
DEBUNKED: Only active in One state. Registrations from other states can sometimes show outdated registrations.

VICE: A”FLEET” of Army tanks drove around Kentucky flying Trump flags
www.vice.com... cle/gvdydb/a-fleet-of-tanks-drove-around-kentucky-this-weekend-flying-a-trump-flag
DEBUNKED: http s://theralphretort.com/vice-is-stupid-part-3458-says-tanks-were-seen-riding-with-trump-flags-except-those-were-actually-humvees-1031017/

AP TWEET / Buzzfeed: Trump puts a gag order on the EPA
Buzzfeed
TWITTER
MISLEADING, INACCURATE: The federal agencies, which were instructed in memos to halt all "public-facing" documents temporarily, said the press oversold the story. "I've lived through many transitions, and I don't think this is a story," one senior EPA saidl. "I don't think it's fair to call it a gag order." “It's all "standard practice," he said. A USDA spokesman said separately, "This is what has happened at the transition of every administration … it's just a pause."
New Yor Times

WaPo: The State Department’s entire senior administrative team just resigned
washington post
DEBUNKED, MISLEADING: VOX Rebuttal

WaPo: Trump ‘pressured’ Park Service to find proof of his inauguration crowd size
Washington Post
MISLEADING: The president requested photos of his inauguration from the one federal agency that would have them. That's the entire story.

CNBC's John Harwood Tweet: "senior justice official tells [NBC News] that Dept. had no input. Not sure who in WH is writing/reviewing. Standard [National Security Council] process not functioning."
SELF DEBUNKED: "new info from [NBC's Pete Williams]: another DOJ official says proposed immigration order was reviewed by department lawyers before it was issued."
new york times

NYT: Trump misreported the number of people affected by immigration EO (Trump: 109, NYT: 721)
new york times
DELIBERATE OMMISION OF FACTS: Trump’s Tweet came out on Jan 30th based on current data. The NYT reported that Trump was wrong, and the number was 721. The Times did not report that they used updated DHS data that came out AFTER Trump’s Tweet.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
FEBRUARY FAKE NEWS LIST 2017

18 Days in. Article hits at a list of bizzare accusations about Trump’s behavior.
1. He wears a bathrobe at night and watches TV
2. He spends most night alone
3. Had a large TV installed in the dining room to watch cable news
4. Wander in the dark because he can’t find the lightswitch
5. Changed red curtains for gold
6. Changed round Quote carpet for starburst carpet
7. He decided to keep the Resolute Desk and not replace it.
Business Insider
DENIED/UNCONFIRMED/MISREPORTED/CONJECTURE: All reports came from an anonymous source, Spicer denied some, others were not given context or factual confirmation.

CNN: Trump's runner-up for the Supreme Court came to Washington as a decoy
CNN
SELF DEBUNKED: “This story has been updated throughout to reflect new reporting on Hardiman's activities and the White House's plans.” Hardiman was just out driving, not planning to arrive at the White House.

NBC: As a Student, SCOTUS Nominee Gorsuch Held Dim View Of Campus Protesters
NBC News
SELF DEUNKED: ‘An earlier version of this story attributed quotes to Neil Gorsuch that were actually written by a another student at the Columbia University newspaper.’

Yahoo News, Buzzfeed: Trump threatens to send troops to Mexico
YAHOO
MISLEADING: SNOPES

TMZ: Trump to rename Black History Month
Original story taken down by TMZ, TMZ debunked itself after public reaction
TMZ Bullsheet story

Associated Press: House votes to roll back Obama’s background checks
The Hill
MISLEADING: It overturned the required the Social Security Administration to report people who receive disability benefits and have a mental health condition to the FBI’s background check system. The database is used to determine eligibility for buying a firearm. All existing laws remained unchanged.
Snopes

U.K. Daily Mail: Neil Gorsuch founded a “Fascism Forever Club”
UK Daily Mail
DEBUNKED: FACTCHECK

NPR, Reuters: Trump to mobilize 100k National Guard troops to border
BLOOMBERG
DENIED: Extrapolated from a memo of disputed origin. Wide press circulation and speculation
daily mail
washington examiner

NPR, Reuters: Kuwaiti Pay 2 Play at Trump Hotel
reuters[/url ]
[url=https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2017/02/25/517039323/kuwait-celebration-at-trump-hotel-raises-conflict-of-interest-questions]NPR

DEBUNKED: after massive media circulation and a huge Tweet storm from ThinkProgress, the entire story was fake. The event and Trump’s appearance were not on the same night.

WaPo: Muslim-American Olympic female athlete detained at airport by Trump’s order
wapo
DEBUNKED: It took place in December under the Obama administration, she lied
washington examiner

NYT: Trump campaign had repeated contact with Russian Intelligence
NYT
DEBUNKED: Comey said it was “in the main, it was untrue”
NYT follow up-ish

Politico: Trump was on his ‘skiff’ when he got security updates. Spicer said “SCIF”
MISREPORTING: Spicer said SCIF, not a skiff (boat) as the reporter assumed
business insider

ProPublica: Trump let Boeing CEO listen in on secret Lockheed Martin phone calls
bloomberg
DEBUNKED: washington examiner

NEW Republic: Trump is erratic because of an STD
new republic
BASELESS: Speculation

Politico: Trump supports the ‘Gang of 8”
Politico reporters Tweeted that 'Trump was ‘open to the Gang of 8 immigration bill’
BAD REPORTING: washington examiner

NYT, CBS, Daily Mail: Yemen withdraws permission for US missions
NYT
REFUTED: FOCK Snooze

RAW STORY: Trump switched off recording while talking to Putin
raw story
DEBUNKED: SNOPES
SELF DEBUNKED: Bottom of the article

CNBC: Trump eased restrictions on Russia to allow businesses to work with the KGB
CNBC
DEBUNKED: Twitter

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
FEBRUARY FAKE NEWS 2017 CONTINUED

WaPo: Bannon tried to order around John Kelly
W aPo
DEBUNKED: HuffPo

The Atlantic Tweet: Secret Service Purge at the White House
Original Tweet is not available
DEBUNKED: washington examiner
twitter

WaPo: Trump hung up on Australia after an angry call
WaPo
DEBUNKED: Australia’s Prime Minister himself denied it: Turnbull told 2GB's Ben Fordham: 'As far as the call is concerned, I’m very disappointed, the report the president hung up is not correct, the call ended courteously.'

Reuters: Trump confused about New START on call with Putin
reuters
BASELESS: Trump spoke privately with officials about New START four weeks before his call with Putin

edit on 2-2-2018 by ExVoto because: link mess

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It is impossible task to list them all at this junction, one which stands out in my mind is the Japanese Coy fish story from CNN which looked to be a very deliberate edit and very wrong story of how Trump over feed the fish.

Interesting that CNN scrubbed the stories and corrections from their sites, at least one of the links you provided returns the "missing" tag. Shameful behavior from what are suppose to be professional vanguards against corruption in government.

The divisional paradigm which exist in ALL forms of media today, both right wing and those described as left wing come from our need for immediate and "entertaining" news. The reporters are now more important than the story as the scoop makes or breaks careers and the ever important ratings.
edit on 2/2/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This just confirms what I already knew. The only reliable news source in the US is The Onion.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ExVoto

you're working too hard on this bro!

we all already know the media is a fraud!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

S&F Good work.

We see the way this works, msm publishes fake news, makes headlines.

Uniformed people read and believe.

Then they go vote. Yep, its a scam!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Just popping in on this interesting subject because I saw you posted! Hello old friend, good to see you.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven
HAHA... I realize.

It's a matter of personal integrity. I am trying to be an honest man. I decided that it was better for me to do the work of researching this for myself.

It's been very interesting

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here is a list of stories I am still working on:

April 2017

WaPo: Sessions said Nogales was filth
CNN, WaPo: Russians used Carter Page to manipulate election
Sen Coons, MSNBC: FBI has transcripts proving collusion between Trump campaign and Russia
Louise Mench: “Carter Page went to Moscow in early July carrying with him a pre-recorded tape of
Donald Trump offering to change American policy if he were to be elected, to make it more favorable
to Putin,”
Claude Taylor: FBI targeted 28 out of 48 individuals connected to Russian interference

May 2017

VOX: DOJ prosecutes woman for laughing at Jeff Sessions
Jezebel, Sally Kohn: Cases of beer brought to the White House
Ultraviolet Action: Rape is a preexisting condition
NYT, NBC, Reuters, CBS, WaPo…: Comey requested resources to expand Russian Probe
NBC, CNN, Newsweek, Rawstory: Jeff Sessions had a secret third meeting with Russian Ambassador
Denver Post, Boston Globe: Kushner tied to Russian Intelligence
NBC, CNBC: Rod Rosenstein had “threatened to resign”
CNN: implied that Comeys firing and grand jury subpoenas in the Russian probe were connected
Senator Markey: New York grand jury was investigating Trump and Russia

June 2017

CNN: Friend of Donald Trump tied to Russian Banks (retracted)
NYT: Trump crashed a wedding
CNN, Jeff Toobin: Trump under investigation for abuse of power and obstruction of justice
CNN: Comey’s testimony will verify obstruction of Justice

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Excellent offering, Ex. I know how much work goes into a thread like this and it's appreciated.

Hopefully more folk will drop by after they leave the memo threads for a bit lol.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Excellent offering, Ex. I know how much work goes into a thread like this and it's appreciated.

Hopefully more folk will drop by after they leave the memo threads for a bit lol.

Hahaha... I think you're right
I posted my list right before the Beatles hit the stage...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Rats... No traction.

Hahaha... Can't win them all
Cheers!

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Bumping this fracking awesome thread

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

thank you, nice person

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is a good thread! It should seriously be a sticky in the disinfo forum.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExVoto
a reply to: six67seven
HAHA... I realize.

It's a matter of personal integrity. I am trying to be an honest man. I decided that it was better for me to do the work of researching this for myself.

It's been very interesting

& yet not single mention of Fuax Snooze & all the BS they peddle.

You should spend time studying the meaning of the word "integrity" before re-immersing yourself in peddling your propaganda.

K~
edit on 19-2-2018 by aethertek because: hfyy

edit on 19-2-2018 by aethertek because: fgf

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Rats... No traction.

Cheers!

If you post an obvious truth, there's not a whole lot of controversy. It's still a win.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Rats... No traction.

Cheers!

If you post an obvious truth, there's not a whole lot of controversy. It's still a win.

now that's a darn good point...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join