It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40,000 Indians Flee As Fighting Erupts On Pakistan Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I do not think this will get out of hand but the potential certainly does exist. I personally do not believe they can co-exist until one of the sides is bloodied to the point of crying uncle..

Along the 786 km-long Line of Control (LoC) which divides the State of Jammu Kashmir between India and Pakistan, sporadic cross-border military gunfire between both countries is not that unusual.

However, this weekend, in the region of Noushera, Rajouri and Akhnoor sectors of Jammu and Kashmir, more than 40,000 Indians have fled their homes and shops amid the fourth consecutive day of intense shelling from Pakistani military forces, the Economic Times reports

For those who can not stand to see dead people do not click on the link
www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

more than 40,000 Indians have fled their homes and shops

The best place for those 40 000 is in EU. We have plenty of space. And we sure could use those shops around here.

What's a country without a curry ? A country that sorely cries for diversification.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

always a good idea to stay aware of conflicts with a potential for serious bad things, but like you said its more unusual when that border isn't shooting at each other from what little I have read.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Both sides are just waiting for the excuse to nuke the other.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Both sides are just waiting for the excuse to nuke the other.

They would have done it already. Detente works, to a point.

That point being the imminent destruction by conventional warfare of either side.

The Alamo principle.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The religious hatred between India and Pakistan runs deep. Each side depends on convincing its people that the other side is evil sooo, once in a while, a 'show of force' demonstration is carried to remind everyone.

Border conflicts between the two have been ongoing since the two states formed. Little brush fire exchanges that amount to a few casualties and no change in borders.

Each side declares victory and they all go back to sleep.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Why don't they just let the people of Kashmir determine their own fate? Oh I dunno maybe...hold a referendum across the whole of Kashmir? Possibly with UN observers?

Nah stupid idea just keep shelling each other and cause more needless innocent casualties.
edit on 23-1-2018 by Therewearethen because: Bad spelling. (I'm Welsh give me some credit!)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They could always open a call-center...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
They could always open a call-center...

The Indians wouldn't allow it, it would take their jobs! That's garaunteed to start a nuclear war.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
IDF soldier to Pakistani,"thank you and come again!"

top topics

join