It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Is All About Jesus Christ Being Exalted.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

BWAHAHAHA

IN NO WAY HAVE THE 4 “atheist” TYRANTS IN HISTORY killed more people than 2000 years of Christian tyrants...

Period..

If I’m right none of your list were atheists anyway..

But reguardless.. all of the Nordic countries are atheist , all the UK, Great Britain , exc, exc, exc..

Just look st what AMERICAN CHRISTIANS did to the native Americans ALONE..

That trumps Stalin and friends..

Columbus, Cortez, Hitler, Henry the 8th,exc, exc

So assuming they were actually atheists , which I doubt, say there have beeen 4 bad atheist leaders, how many bad religious ones???

Thousands??

Tens of thousands??

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

BWAHAHAHA

IN NO WAY HAVE THE 4 “atheist” TYRANTS IN HISTORY killed more people than 2000 years of Christian tyrants...

Period..

If I’m right none of your list were atheists anyway..

But reguardless.. all of the Nordic countries are atheist , all the UK, Great Britain , exc, exc, exc..

Just look st what AMERICAN CHRISTIANS did to the native Americans ALONE..

That trumps Stalin and friends..

Columbus, Cortez, Hitler, Henry the 8th,exc, exc

So assuming they were actually atheists , which I doubt, say there have beeen 4 bad atheist leaders, how many bad religious ones???

Thousands??

Tens of thousands??

So you are saying those countries are Christian countries, that's interesting...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Yes....

Cortez was from a Christian country.... as well as Columbus, Hitler, exc, exc, exc...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Neither are your 'Christian tyrants' true Christians...

Saying that one is a Christian or even believing that one is Christian does not make it so.

God is NOT religious, nor is He the one behind religion.

That would be the imposter: AKA "the god of THIS world".

How Jesus and religion are on opposite spectrum
See one's the work of God, but one's a man made invention
See one is the cure, but the other's the infection
Religion puts you in bondage, while Jesus sets you free
Religion makes you blind, but Jesus makes you see
And that's why religion and Jesus are two different clans
What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion
But in the Old Testament, God actually calls religious people whores

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

1) ok then by that logic whoever you name as an evil atheist, isn’t a real atheist..

Appearently, by your logic. Me and you are the all powerful deciders of what historical figures were real (fill in the blank).

BWAHAHAHA..

I’m gonna assume you now realize how hilariously silly that is and move on..

2) HOW IN THE F### DO YOU HAVE THE EGO TO ASSUME YOU KNOW THE MIND OF GOD?!?!

Imho that is the reason Christianity is so universally panned..

INDIVIDUAL Christians tend to assume they know things that are literally unknowable , and know it intricately enough to say things like,

“Saying that one is a Christian or even believing that one is Christian does not make it so.

God is NOT religious, nor is He the one behind religion. “

I’m sure you would just call it faith, but I think ANY neutral party would call it egotistical, conceded and very, very full of yourself..

Sure all the other religions claim to know there is a god, but it seems like it’s only Christians who claim to know exactly what god is thinking at any given moment..

I mean Jesus Christ, you just claimed to be the decider of what historical figures got to be Christians..

That no matter what they said or believed in life. You get to decide if they count..or atleast you know god sooooo well that you know exactly where he would lump people..

(Damn it.. thought I was still debating raggedyman.. but most still applies.. if anything doesn’t fit with your post. It was referring to him. )

edit on 23-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

There is only ONE Christian nation. Peter said it best:

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 1:9

“Christian” is a noun, not a verb and it refers to a person who has put their faith in the man Jesus of Nazareth.

Christ never called himself a Christian, Christ never called his followers Christians. "This name (Christian) occurs but three times in the New Testament, and is never used by Christians of themselves, only as spoken by or coming from those without the church. The general names by which the early Christians called themselves were ‘brethren,’ ‘disciples,’ ‘believers,’ and ‘saints.’ The presumption is that the name ‘Christian’ was originated by the heathen." Thomas W. Doane, Bible Myths (1882), page 567, note 3.

Should we call ourselves a Christian?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The word 'Christian' is probably THE most misunderstood word ever used...

originally posted by: NthOther
It is an orchestrated and systematic rewriting of our language in order to manipulate the way we think and more easily control us. However it is nothing new. It is a classic and powerful method of disseminating subtle-yet-ubiquitous propaganda. It's a much more dangerous game than any internet meme can possibly reflect.

What makes a person a true Christian, is the Lord Jesus Christ's blood which is applied when they are born again.

Without it, no one will make it to Heaven.

Dr. Percy Collett had an out of body experience when he went to heaven for 5 & 1/2 days. One of the questions he was able to ask the Lord Jesus Christ was what happens when a person is actually born again...

Jesus answered him with this:

"That is when the blood is applied".

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins." -Colossians 1:14

Hebrews 9:22, "...without shedding of blood is no remission. (forgivness )"

“Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot."
-1st Peter 1:18,19

...and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" (1st John 1:7).

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Oh dear. I cannot understand what kind of fetish has infected the human race. For the life of me I cannot understand how people can find spiritual empowerment with the idea of entering a closed space in which they will have to stay *forever*, all the while singing hymns to some kind of ultimate despot, that allows them to kiss his feet as a form of 'grace'.

Father issues? I guess we all have a painful gap in our souls that is there since the initial fracturing of the Universe. But your 'Jesus' won't fill it. He's a parasite and a demon.

This void in your soul can only be filled by making the journey back into the infinite oneness. Setting up trenches between a fictional Heaven and a fictional Hell and basking in the false light of 'being saved' and therefore not having to burn in Hell like the rest of us.. I'm afraid you've already sold your souls and your 'Jesus' must really drive a bargain, as he buys your souls for nothing more than the opportunity to kiss his ass for all time.

It's kind of sad, but you kind of deserve what you get too.

(On the other hand - mainstream science is the same thing.)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Neigbour, you've obviously not read The Elenium and The Tamuli
You are also the one who offered violence to me recently, then back peddled
Very Christian of you.

I went toa Christian school, I was a prefect at it, and I am very familiar with the bible, but to be fair I've read all the Abrahamic holy texts, as well as the Vegas, Halvamal, etc. I study religions. Even if I have choosen one, I keep an open mind to them.

I am glad you have your faith, you certainly have little else

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Neighbour. I am not an athiest. I'm Págánacht and Ildiachas. That is I am a polytheist, who follows the PreChristian Irish ways. You know this, you can't grok that someone who is religious, is also a scientist, and that is your problem.

You proselytize all over the place, this makes you a fundamentalist. I'm a cynic in the traditional sense, and I believe your need to understand "Bíonn an fhírinne searbh" because you hide from the truth (fhírinne) as it is too bitter for you to stomach. The truth in this case is that you may not be correct in your faith

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Try looking at things from a different perspective and you just might just be surprised to learn that all of us are fundamentalist's...

While Christians are often mocked for being fundamentalists, everyone has fundamental beliefs about why things are the way they are and how we should live in light of that. So the question is not who is or isn’t a fundamentalist—everyone is. The question is “whose fundamentals are true?”

Everyone is a fundamentalist

How much do you have to hate somebody to believe that everlasting life is possible and not tell them that? ~ Penn Jillette

Claire Kuchever: What if you had to tell someone the most important thing in the world, but you knew they'd never believe you?

Doug Carlin: I'd try.

“We just don’t want to come to the end of our lives and realize that we were playing a game." ~ Francis Chan

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Perhaps, perhaps not. In the eyes of many Christians I'm a Satanist (being a form of Pagan after all) or an Atheist (being a Scientist, and one who understands evolution is happening, and provable). To them, I might be a fundamentalist. But I've repeatedly said I am open to alternative explanations here, as long as someone can back it up.

So no, not a Fundamentalist here. I don't care if they don't agree about evolution, its happening anyway. I don't care if they think they are part of the only religion that is true, they can't prove it.

Polytheism means you need to consider other possibilities.

So can these people consider other possibilities, or is their faith that blind?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Yes....

Cortez was from a Christian country.... as well as Columbus, Hitler, exc, exc, exc...

Cortez was a money hungry tyrant chasing gold and wealth, Hitler was a New Age evolutionist who equated humanity not as Gods creation but evolved animals. He used Darwinism to kill millions and millions

But, whatever

Tell me Josh, how many people died in all the crusades?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Go on prove that he used Darwin, as opposed to his thule based racism, or meth addiction or ...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
More like an exaltation of Venus...it even almost ryhmes.

Rev 22 16
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Just like Hitler did...

Christopher Columbus did..

He rey the 8th did..

Queen Mary did..

There are no shortage of monsters who put their faith in jesus..

There is no shortage of decent human beings either..

So claiming that only the convient ones count is dishonest.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

So Hitler wasn’t baptized??

What about every other onster who believed in Christianity??

Every single one of them wasn’t baptized..

Also doesn’t baptism cleanse all your sins?? Right??

So every child molestor, rapist and murderer is just a short dunk away from forgiveness huh??

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Oh no..

Make no mistake Hitler was a Christian .. the German people were Christians.. that is where they got their hatred for Jews.

All the “Hitler was a paga” stuff is just conspiracy theories.. ..

Historically Hitler repeatedly exclaimed he was a Christian and sited Christian dogma in his speeches.

MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!!

EVOLUTION SAYS DIVERSITY IS KING..

THE PURE BLOOD STUFF IS BASED OFF RELIGION..

SCIENTICE SAYS THE OPPOSITE!!

In Christianity Adam was perfect and we are getting worse the farther from him we get..

In science the more we interbreed the stronger the species is..

In Christianity god says the races should not mix..

That came from religion not science.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Hitler was not a pagan. The Thule society was most certainly a bunch of Christians. Most of those orders were (or are). But calling Nazi's Pagans (more accurately heathens) is a cop out.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Hitler wasn’t part of the Thule society and has been WAY over hyped concerning overall Nazi ideology..

It was a small social club with a couple Hitler bigwigs. Not the dominant German religion .

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join