It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government is Shutting Down at Midnight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Um, so this isnt even about the national debt ceiling which is the usual obligatory "government shutdown" posturing circle jerk?

Right..it's over a continuing resolution to keep the government funded for a mere 30 days. Totally crazy. Just think about how hard it will eventually be to get a 1 year budget.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The dollar is an instrument created by executive order. Trump can at any time authorize the spending.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

OMG all the Democrats will be voted out of office...oh wait, that already happened in 2016.

The Republicans make the up the rules in the majority. Why did they give the minority part so much power?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Why would DACA cost as much as CHIP?

Er what does it even cost?
edit on 19-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: Vroomfondel

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.- Edward R. Murrow

Those are wonderful quotes. Set them aside for a moment and tell me how, in the real world, we can effect this change in government when our votes amount to nothing and every agency down to the local police have been militarized. We know whats wrong and we know it has to change but the people that have to go have all the power and bigger guns than we do. They are supposed to answer to us but they very obviously do not.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Those are wonderful quotes. Set them aside for a moment and tell me how, in the real world, we can effect this change in government when our votes amount to nothing and every agency down to the local police have been militarized. We know whats wrong and we know it has to change but the people that have to go have all the power and bigger guns than we do. They are supposed to answer to us but they very obviously do not.

I could tell you, I preach it all the time, but the answers normally seem to clear the room.

I wont torment everyone in here tonight at least.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Didnt CHIP expire months ago and the GOP have been kicking that can down the road and are now blaming the DEMs for their failure to take care of it before?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
I have only one question if the US government shuts down...

How can you tell?

The few things the government does that actually generates revenue are closed. The employees still get paid though.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

That's how people were spinning the topic on the board here, months ago. Was probably just the day to renew it, and now its 'that day'.

So I take it this DREAMER thing is welfare for I guess we'll call it 'quazi-illegal immigrants'? I dont get why its 'expensive' otherwise. Looking at Wikipedia they're supposed to be better employed and stuff for not being hassled or whatever.
edit on 19-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Didnt CHIP expire months ago and the GOP have been kicking that can down the road and are now blaming the DEMs for their failure to take care of it before?

You mean like DACA?

CHIP still had funding, until an hour ago.

Democrats want babies to die.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I preface it before you ignored what I said, I said it is our duty. This government was formed by we the people. Only we can change it. They won't change it.

Do you want a practical solution? Stop working, stop paying your taxes reduce your expenses to the bare absolute minimum.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

You mean like DACA?

IDIOT CNN let their countdown clock hit 00:00:00 and then begin counting up. It's now been 1hr-3minutes-51seconds since the government shut down.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well, it turned out immigration really did bring the American Empire to its knees....

edit on 20-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is rich. Already deflecting his responsibility to his constituents:

"The blame should crash entirely on President Trump's shoulders," Schumer said. "This will be called the Trump shutdown because there is no one who deserves the blame ... more than President Trump."

-Schumer

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Vector99

You mean like DACA?

IDIOT CNN let their countdown clock hit 00:00:00 and then begin counting up. It's now been 1hr-3minutes-51seconds since the government shut down.

I honestly can't believe how stupid people are being about this, RINO's included. Everyone saying this is the (R) fault because they have the majority are all clueless. (D) decided to take a stand and value illegal immigrants over American citizens. Even if (R) secured 51 votes for passage, the (D) would have filibustered, putting (R) in an awkward position to use (D) tactics to override the filibuster, but also come out looking bad from it.

It's fawking childish bullshat, these are elected leaders and quite frankly as a person that contributes to their salary, I'm sick of looking at it all and thinking that grandpa and grandma are acting out worse than the damn grand kids. And grandma and grandpa represent our country to the world. THAT is what is embarrassing.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

We should call him 'Chuck the buck'.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Schumer gave him his wall. He still said no. This is the TRUMP SHUTDOWN!

The responsibility rests with the leader. It always does. He can't do this job.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Government shutdowns happen all the time and more so when the country is divided or cannot find the money to get things done.Part of politics.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

To what end? Funny how I can't find that information anywhere.

I didn't see where Trump cast a vote on the issue, did you?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

how, in the real world, we can effect this change in government when our votes amount to nothing and every agency down to the local police have been militarized.

It is called The Second Amendment of the US Constitution.

Sadly, your forefathers did not seem to understand how apathetic a Nation of We The People could become.

You are the only country in the world with these rights and you squander them without shame.

All it would take is for 10,000 armed people to walk up to the big round building and just stand there.

They would pass a motion instantly and then vote accordingly.

It would be a # storm.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join