It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government is Shutting Down at Midnight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You can’t sacrifice the whole country for DACA people

It’s ridiculous.

The dems better change their mind. IF this goes on they will lose, imo.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen

Thank-you for starting this thread. Now I ask this burning question in the right forum.

Over the Short Term, Over the Medium Term, and over the Long Term...Which class of voters are hurt THE MOST by a shut down of government?

DEMOCRAT VOTERS
or
REPUBLICAN VOTERS

In this case it's Democrat voters that will suffer the most for all time periods.

Because there will be less of them in November.

Since there are fewer elected Democrat officials than ever before, reducing the number of Democrats in the population makes good sense. Thanks for that logical input.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

The countdown clock on FoxNews is the same one from New Year's Eve.

It's now at T-minus 12:21 and counting down to ZERO.

Live Video of the Senate Floor on the left half of the TV screen.

When it gets to ZERO, what will happen on the Senate Floor?

Congress creatures still gets paid, regardless of whether the Government is Open or Closed, don't they?

Trump has a contingency plan in place so the government workers will still be getting paid. At least that what i read when all this BS started.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Congress creatures still gets paid, regardless of whether the Government is Open or Closed, don't they?

There must be an "emergency" plan to hire temporary H1B workers as janitors !!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

theyll pop champagne and hookers will jump out of a cake , interns will be molested and taxpayers foot the bill .

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Yeah Democrats really claimed the moral high ground here. SenateMajLdr

That is brutal when it gets put like that.Maybe Mitch learned a thing or two about social media from Trump.When was the last real budget we had-when W. Was in office?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sarah Sanders just said what I predicted.

An extreme partisan statement blaming the dems.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
TREASON!!! The only word befitting of our “elected officials” who are elected to govern our country. Yet their childish and petty blue vs red war has deemed them unwilling and incapable of “governing”.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

theyll pop champagne and hookers will jump out of a cake , interns will be molested and taxpayers foot the bill .

5..4..3..2..1. BOOM!

We no longer have to pay for government services no longer rendered.

Uh Oh..I'm in the Central Time Zone. Looks like I have 1 more hour to pay the piper.

edit on 1/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I wonder is Schumer secretly a Trumper. He’s a super zionist

How can you be this dam politically stupid

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
can't help but wonder just what their response would be if the country decided to shut down at midnight also. oops sorry, it's midnight mr senator, the gas station is closing down. opps it's midnight mr. president, our factory will stop making the weapons for your military. opps, it's midnight.... no more production, no more sales, no more taxes for you!!!
it would be extreme and quite disruptive, but I bet it would be the last shutdown...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I wonder is Schumer secretly a Trumper. He’s a super zionist

How can you be this dam politically stupid

For obvious reasons, Chuck Schumer should be infinitely wiser than Donald Trump on political issues.

I think that meeting with President Trump today did something to Schumer. He went dead silent afterwards, and has remained that way.

Edit: I see him sitting in a chair on the Senate Floor. Other Democrats are gathered around him, like he's Da Coach during a time-out.

edit on 1/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This shutdown just reeks of the upcoming midterms.Both sides want a shutdown so they can yell and scream for a year and not have to do any real work.Jackasses,all of them.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The Dems are once again putting emotion and feelings, fake outrage, over the citizens on the USA.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

The primary function of Government is to pretend to fail,its all Kabuki theatre

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Cutting off their pay and lucrative benefit package while the government is idle, wouldn't hurt either.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He may have gotten orders from Netanyahu

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
You don’t shut down the government for DACA by throwing under the bus the CHIP kids.

They also may lose their moral edge over the GOP with this act.

They had them on the run now this can derail that.

Absolutely false. The dems had no message, no platform or desire to fight. The Dems have been ON THE RUN since the election.

The shutdown is on them and what further way to show their incompetence.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Oh this shutdown. This is politics at its finest, and it seems to happen just about every year. Right now it is the Democrats that are stalling the process. Before it was the Republicans.

This is nothing new, or shocking. The one thing that could be stated and we should look at would be the Republicans, not the Democrats. The Republicans have the majority in Congress, and the White house. So getting things passed should be easy right?

Or is the real answer being, that we need a split in the Senate, where they are going to have to do something novel and put all partisan politics to the side and actually work together and start to govern.

But personally what I believe, is that this is going to be just like all other budget in congress, show up, stand up, shut down, then negotiate and when all is said and done, before it gets too far gone, low and behold they are going to have a compromise and the budget will be submitted and the President can sign such.

And of course there will be the blame game that starts, and it will be he said/he said kind of things that will be going on.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

What assets?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join