It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Says Bonuses Pay-Raises Triggered by 2018 Tax Reform are Pathetic Crumbs.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Stores close for various reasons. the one consistent factor that determines it is P&L (profit and loss). If a store is losing money, and that cannot be remedied due to its location, it will be closed.

A simple example I can give is out here in Las Vegas a few years ago all Food4Less locations were closed down. Half of them were turned into Smith's grocery stores. They are of the same parent company, but Smith's on average is about 1.5-1.7 times higher in price. The remedy to Food4Less losing money was to shut half down and convert the other half into a higher priced grocery store.

Sam's clubs remedy was to convert 10 or so stores and close down 50 others. It happens in business.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Exactly right..anything that grants more money to the job creators/maintainers, without taking money from the working-class, is positive.

Also, much of the $3.5 Trillion dollars that American Corporations have parked in off-shore tax avoidance shelters, will be brought to America and invested, in hundreds of ways. Another positive for all employees and entrepreneurs.

I'm enjoying following Nancy Pelosi's escalating mental unstableness. I hope she wises up and quits before a stroke pays a visit. Just 45 days ago, Pelosi exhibited signs of a T.I.A. (mini-stroke)

edit on 1/12/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Your definition of helping workers is different than mine.

It's probably not.

Would you prefer workers work longer hours to afford the luxury of not having big business?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
she's actually right this is all relatively nothing in the grander scheme of things, not enough to bring the economy back.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I would prefer unionized workers that can collectively bargain with a multinational multi billion dollar corps. (try it at Walmart and see what happens)

The pendulum has swung too far in favor of the corps that I am concerned about the snap back. And trickle down econ has yet to work, but why not try it yet again?

edit on 12-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I work for one of those said companies and am rewarded handsomely for my work. My company is very profitable and I believe unions and profitable businesses can work hand in hand, companies like Walmart could pay (and remain profitable) their employees better with a unionized contract imho.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The wage increases announced by several large companies will indeed give the economy a boost. Lots of people will have a little more money. The higher wages produce more income tax, and employers still will be matching employee income tax rates, so basically the raises are two-fold as far as income tax regarding wage increases. On top of the wage increase, the average american will also see a little relief in their annual tax burden, adding more to spendable incomes.

If I hadn't seen a massive amount of corporations come out and announce bonuses and wage increases, I would still be skeptical about the tax cuts, but the proof is in the pudding. Lots of people are getting raises, and this will stimulate the economy the proper way, not by the fed printing more dollars.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You mean the unions that were adamantly against tax cuts because now non-union employers can raise wages to match the ones union workers pay for?

Or do you mean the unions that pay high salaries, but don't guarantee work? And continue to charge you union fees when no work is available.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
she's actually right this is all relatively nothing in the grander scheme of things, not enough to bring the economy back.

Except for some liberal chit holes, most of the economy/country came "back" in 2017. In 2018, everything gets even better.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

There are a few companies that do indeed pay well without unions. But I feel that unions keep people honest, everyone is on the same page, and knows what is up.

CEO's do not work without a contact, should a average blue collar?

The expanse between the wealthy and everyone else is getting bigger, anyone who says trickle down works isn't paying attention.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Um, I don't know what unions you are referring to. I was a teamster for 6 months for Coke, and I can tell you that I had 40 hours plus.
I then moved to a private company and got paid the same.

I doubt that the little raise is going to endanger any union jobs, if so they will have to compete.

Are you anti-union?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Are you anti-union?

Yes and no. It's a nice thought but unions themselves are large corporations, and will take on new members to gain dues but not provide work.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Sounds like you have been burned, I had the exact opposite experience with my short stent as a union rat.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Luckily I was advised away from the union position I was offered after school. They finished the job 6 months later and all hvac techs had a choice, move to another state for the next job or go on standby. A few people that i went to school with are now unemployed and paying dues because it is slow season for hvac in Vegas.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I see skeletor is at it again....

edit on 13-1-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Most of Walmart's employees will not be getting 1000 dollar bonus. That's only for those with 20 or more years in. The average is more like 200-250. It had nothing to do with the tax cut. Target came out last fall and raised their people to 11 and promised 15 an hour by the year 2020. Target called Walmart's raise from a few years ago and raised the anti.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

People with less than 2 years get no bonus. Not everyone gets 1000 dollars. Not everyone is a new hire that will see a dollar an hour bump. For many they won't get but about 50 cents an hour more. Take into consideration that many states have passed new minimum wages. That Walmart was going to have to pay to begin with. Walmart is top heavy so management doesn't get a bump in wages but does get part of that 1000 bonus. After their last pay raise they cut hours. Walmart employees expect to see hours slashed again because of this one. Most Walmart associates are part time so we're not talking 40 hours a week here. What they say sounded good but what is reality makes it not sound as good.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2018 by TexasSeabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Wal Mart will save between $1 billion and $2 billion in taxes due to Trump's tax cut. Wal Mart states that they will spend under $1 billion on employees in the same period of time. Although I cannot get more specific numbers than that, it does seem like Wal Mart spent a reasonable amount of their tax break on employees.

Wal Mart thinks that the economy will continue to improve, and it raised wages to $11 an hour and added some benefits in order to attract workers who might otherwise work somewhere else. They were probably going to make this move, anyway. As for the $1000 bonus, that is for someone who has worked at Wal Mart for over 20 years... I feel sorry for those people. They have to be struggling economically.

Source: Politico
edit on 14amSun, 14 Jan 2018 00:16:14 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 14amSun, 14 Jan 2018 00:18:11 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Anyone who has a position of power like a CEO or politician will abuse it in order to earn millions or billions more money than they should based on the amount of work they do. This money could be going to the people instead, who could be investing it in local projects that would benefit them.

How would this happen? By decentralizing corporations and governments. With today's blockchain technology, it is possible to have a leaderless economy so that all of the money that would normally be wasted on leaders would go directly to anyone investing in the ICO or to people actually doing the work.

Since anyone would be able to invest in ICO's, even with only a little money, and since they would be making tons more money without hemorrhaging out profits to leaders, they would have more to invest, and that would mean that they would have greater gains on their investments (once again, without leaders taking millions or billions of dollars, they would get a higher reward on their investments, as well).

It is ridiculous how much money leaders steal from society just because they have power. Did they earn it through hard work? I doubt it. From what I've seen, the less someone makes, the harder they work.
edit on 14amSun, 14 Jan 2018 00:29:25 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join