It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Says Bonuses Pay-Raises Triggered by 2018 Tax Reform are Pathetic Crumbs.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It's hard to believe that Congreswoman Nancy Pelosi was chosen by her peers to be THE leader of all Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives. She's becoming more discombobulated than ever. Below are two examples, just from today.

Already this new year, over 2 Million employees across America are receiving bonuses and pay-raises, due to the President Trump/Republican 2018 Tax Reform Bill. Announced today: Walmart employees will get a $1,000 bonus and a pay-raise to $11 @ hour, for everyone who is earning less now.

But Nancy Pelosi isn't impressed, because she thinks $1,000 is peanuts. In fact, here's what she thinks of the overall pay-raise/bonus movement that's sweeping the nation this year...

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said the bonuses being handed out to workers by businesses across the country following the passing of the Republican tax act are mere "crumbs."

“In terms of the bonus that corporate America receives, versus the crumbs they are giving to workers to put the schmooze on is so pathetic. It's so pathetic,” Pelosi said during a press briefing on Thursday.
More at: insider.foxnews.com...

Next, apparently angry at being excluded from DACA negotiations, Nancy played "The Race and Sex Combo Card"

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., took a shot at immigration negotiations involving her top deputy, Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, slamming them as “the five white guys” -- and drawing a rebuke from Hoyer himself.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

Some House Democrats tried really hard in 2017, to get Nancy Pelosi to step-down as their leader. But she babbled her way out of it. Now that Nancy feels more secure in her role as House Minority Leader, she's letting it all hang out. That is very good news.. For Republicans!

-CareWeMust

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
They are for a multi millionaire like old Nancy. With her shady deals with her husband. Look up what the hag has been up to, makes the mob look like wimps! Evil sea hag she is!

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
she's right.

i notice you don't offer anything to contradict her, just some personal attacks.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
They are for a multi millionaire like old Nancy. With her shady deals with her husband. Look up what the hag has been up to, makes the mob look like wimps! Evil sea hag she is!

It's obvious that she either has a lot of "pull" in Congress, or Democrats there are scared of her. I can't imagine Republicans allowing a babbling goofball to be their leader.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
she's right.

i notice you don't offer anything to contradict her, just some personal attacks.

With Congresswoman Pelosi, all one needs to do is report what she says..or tries to say. Doing so illustrates what Democrats stand for.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Something is Better than Nothing Grasshopper...........

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They are pathetic crumbs, regardless of what she is her statement is factually correct.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Share holders get billions while workers get far less. Take the whole wal-mart thing, saving several billion dollars in taxes only giving workers ~700million while closing 60+ sam's clubs.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Share holders get billions while workers get far less. Take the whole wal-mart thing, saving several billion dollars in taxes only giving workers ~700million while closing 60+ sam's clubs.

That's called winning.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

To her, $1,000 might be a crumb.

To a worker living paycheck to paycheck, or who is one small emergency away from overdrawing their account, $1,000 is a significant difference in their lives.

Once more, Pelosi illustrates how out of touch she is with the common folk.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Seems like just last year Nancy was on her soapbox screaming about how $20 for contraceptives was causing women undue hardships and lifetime servitude.

Now $1000 is peanuts for everyone.

That QE1, QE2, QE3, QE(forever) really decimated the value of the dollar.

Or Nancy is simply pandering to her base as usual.
edit on 12-1-2018 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
she's right.

You may think so, and sure, it can allways be better. But have the democrats ever done something better regarding paychecks, when they where in power? If not, it is a pathetic statement, cause they will give you NOTHING!!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

What?last year at tax time you liberals were taking money from paychecks,now the tax burden has been lessened,and people are actually getting money back,instead of paying out,but you must not work,otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion,very simple point

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
For people who are so bent over other people "losing their minds" over something the president says, you sure do "lose your minds" over anything a Democrat says just as much. Ironic, for both parties.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Sam's Clubs and others are closing as a quickly decreasing demand for physical stores.
Nothing to do with tax cuts or the economy at all
You dont get out much in the US , do ya ?

edit on 1/12/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The thing is...400mil is a lot of cash for wal mart to give to employees as bonuses

Its honestly insulting for her to say.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Maybe she forgot her party wanted to raise taxes. So I guess I’d rather have crumbs as she says than someone taking even more of my money and only leaving me the crumbs.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

To her, $1,000 might be a crumb.

She's not wrong and that amounts to approximately $83 extra a month so on a two week paycheck that amounts to an extra $2.77 on a day's work. It costs me roughly $100 for a weeks worth of groceries for one person. Seems like a lot of folks praise and admiration can be bought off pretty cheaply these days. Orange leader throws you some bread crumbs and you cheer, clamor and sing his praise in the streets. So sad that we've reached a point where the cognitive dissonance is so strong that people not only accept this but cheer it as if it is some noble deed bestowed upon them by their false prophet of profit.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

And a 400mil hit to the company.......

Its not crumbs. It equitable to scale.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He found that the Walmart heirs' $89.5 billion "is still equal to the combined net worth of the bottom 33.2 million families (about 28.2 percent of the total)." Sanders tweeted that "the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America

Yeah because they seem to be struggling so bad. More crumbs please if I may sir...

edit on 12-1-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join