It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Moon Phobos Thought to be Artificial Satilite Circa 1960 And Again in 1963 (Nasa)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Why would they be decades old if going to mars? The pics of Phobos were from 2008. Are the probes up there that long?

edit on 9-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Maybe not that specific one , but for example the Rosetta craft launched in 2004 , and it took 10 years to get to the target.

taking in account the time to build the probe , by the time it would launch the camera was probably already outdated.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Heyif this thing is going to fall onto Mars in 50 million years.....maybe we should bore a hole in it and install a few suitcase Nukes and use them the way shaped charges are utilised so we can blow that mother away from Mars and out into open space.....NOT BLOW IT UP just blow it away....just 3-4-5-6 small bursts acting like thrusters....you know use the rock itself as the rocket-body.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Surely if you're going to build a 3 billion dollar rocket to fly to Mars you'd invest in better cameras

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
OK, but what about that monolith? Is it a "trick of light and shadow" or what?
It's D.B. Cooper's headstone.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Agreed, and I bet they are spectacular cameras. We are getting dirtied up pics from the handlers of the info.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Aha I think 'they' were the Nephilim, so it was more or less a colony.

$0.02

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Off topic (sort of) but did anyone see John Carter of Mars? Worth checking out if you're a marsaphile.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
flagg

dude...what the hail....yes you are magnificent

to come up with this....i love this one man

edit on 9-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: schuyler
OK, but what about that monolith? Is it a "trick of light and shadow" or what?
It's D.B. Cooper's headstone.

D.B. Cooper isn't dead. He's alive and living in San Diego.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

Surely if you're going to build a 3 billion dollar rocket to fly to Mars you'd invest in better cameras

Makes me seriously wonder why more images havent been uploaded to the internet....by whistleblowers..They do not wish us to see the remains of devastated civilisations....Mars went through Global Continental Displacement....like Earth will be going through in 2021....this brings Global Continental Displacement Waves which wash over every continent on the planet.....Mars may also be a battleground...contaminated or recovering from such.....IMHO it is like Earth is but at the beginning stages of recovery from planetary devestations.I believe there exists terrestrial native Martian life-forms....and I believe there are also a lot of competing groups trying to use Mars as we speak.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: schuyler

could be.

Or it could be an actual Martian EVA backpack left there for all I know.

Without higher resolution images it's impossible to tell.

Of course nothing wrong with imagining "What if?", that's always cool.

Confirmed by the Mars Odyssey Spacecraft Gamma Ray Spectrometer, there are high concentrations of Xenon-129 in the Martian atmosphere. Also Krypton-80 with a large amount of Uranium and Thorium on Mars surface, relative to Mars meteorites. I believe that the Xenon-129 is specific to Mars only (this is how we know if a rock come from Mars, by the trapped gasses in it), and the only way it could have formed was from a nuclear event. What if Phobos was a Martian life pod, or a jumping off point for the Martian survivors.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

The monolith pictures seem to be taken With the Mars Global Surveyor , launched in 1996.

The object appears in Mars Global Surveyor images SPS252603 and SPS255103, dated 1998.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

Aha I think 'they' were the Nephilim, so it was more or less a colony.

$0.02

No.
Parents of Nephilim. Sons of God, AKA , Angels fallen to Earth, AKA Aliens. There was a war. 200 of them landed on Mount Hermon

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Great thread. Reminds me of other works I have read that Earths moon may be hollow, placed here to stabilize the earth and encourage life to seed.

The monolith is new info to me.

Arthur C Clarke as a scientist may have been privy to some info. Remember he mentioned a Monolith on the moon, evenetually as they approach Iapetus Bowman....

en.wikipedia.org...:_A_Space_Odyssey_(novel)

Bowman is transported via the monolith to an unknown star system, through a large interstellar switching station, and sees other species' spaceships going on other route

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: eriktheawful

Do you think the public gets grainy pics because the space agency puts low resolution cameras on board or is the res knocked down for public consumption?

I think they get grainy pics because it's a very over zoomed crop of an image from an actual image taken from further away.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Of course there's info missing. Remember NASA firing stuff into the moon in 2009.
See the 2nd quote below.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It was billed as one of the most ambitious missions in the history of space exploration - two spacecraft smashing into the surface of Moon and creating a six-mile high cloud of dust visible from telescopes on the Earth. Instead there was disappointment for millions as live pictures relayed back from the Moon showed no sign of an impact. Now, however, Nasa has released a photograph showing the flash of light as its massive Centaur rocket struck the lunar surface. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... r Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.ancient-code.com...

According to a set of images and alleged reports, there are alien structures on the surface of the moon, and NASA launched a 2-ton kinetic weapon to destroy them, despite international laws clearly prohibiting it. One of the greatest enigmas regarding UFOs and Alien life is whether governments and Space Agencies around the world are covering up such information

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well if it is a hollowed out satellite, does it matter, moons that are hollow is not completely unheard of, or so completely in the realm of fantasy, a moon can form hollow or with cavities naturally as well. But anyways people are stretching the imagination with this possible advanced martian civilization that may have at once exist. You know why? Because there quite dead, cant be so advanced now can they.

But hey it happens, will happen to us eventually as well. You know theoretically speaking.

Ah this is going to get annoying when those people who always go on about hollow moon theory pop up, they completely missed the boat on exactly which moon is hollow or how hollow exactly. But hey, its a conspiracy site. Suppose it cant be helped. Unless that is, we find out our own moon is hollow to, or at least hollow like. Would be quite amusing.

Anyways, I think I read about this satellite some years ago, even on this site ATS, or NASA it think, this site. The only thing I can say is, Fear or otherwise known as Phobos is a good name for this satellite.

Besides we got to many moons in this solar system as it is anyways, 50 million years for it to crumble and fall, is still a good chunk of time. The real question is, will the human race be around to witness it?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

It matters if it is artificially hollowed out. And we can't know. I think it is a naturally porous moon.
And we can't know if a civilization ever did live on Mars, or if they are now dead. Only that the planet appears dead. The possible inhabitants demise is yet to be determined.

Well if it is a hollowed out satellite, does it matter, moons that are hollow is not completely unheard of, or so completely in the realm of fantasy, a moon can form hollow or with cavities naturally as well. But anyways people are stretching the imagination with this possible advanced martian civilization that may have at once exist. You know why? Because there quite dead, cant be so advanced now can they.

edit on 9-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
Ah jeez. Depends on which version of that story you read. There was no war in some, merely a clan dispute, in other versions it was a misunderstanding and they were banished to this place, and they didn't like that one bit.

But hey, stories are stories. We should not takes stories to serious, because they may be false and complete bull# at worst, and at best if true, then they only tell a quarter of the real story. In fact we should be extremely lucky to get even a quarter of a story. Those are astronomical odds right there to getting even a fraction of that. So basically its all bull# no matter which way you splice it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join