It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Moon Phobos Thought to be Artificial Satilite Circa 1960 And Again in 1963 (Nasa)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: seasonal

Great thread. Reminds me of other works I have read that Earths moon may be hollow, placed here to stabilize the earth and encourage life to seed.

The monolith is new info to me.

Arthur C Clarke as a scientist may have been privy to some info. Remember he mentioned a Monolith on the moon, evenetually as they approach Iapetus Bowman....

en.wikipedia.org...:_A_Space_Odyssey_(novel)

Bowman is transported via the monolith to an unknown star system, through a large interstellar switching station, and sees other species' spaceships going on other route

The thing that got me about our moon is the reported almost universal maximum depth of impact craters. This doesn't seem possible with larger impacts and varying speeds of impact. It would seem we would see very deep impacts, and from what I have read, and if it is true, I find it very suspect.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well lets leave it, at being a porous satellite. Shall we?

Or at least till other evidence says otherwise. There is little point in overstretching our understanding of things.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Occams would have suggested that a "single" bullet killed Kennedy made strange trajectory changes and injured Connally

Occams Razor wiki

the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected or when you have two competing theories that make exactly the same predictions, the simpler one is the better.

In science, Occam's razor is used as a heuristic guide in the development of theoretical models, rather than as a rigorous arbiter between candidate models.[1][2] In the scientific method, Occam's razor is not considered an irrefutable principle of logic or a scientific result; the preference for simplicity in the scientific method is based on the falsifiability criterion

heuristic Wiki

often called simply a heuristic, is any approach to problem solving, learning, or discovery that employs a practical method not guaranteed to be optimal or perfect, but sufficient for the immediate goals.

Heuristics can be mental shortcuts that ease the cognitive load of making a decision. Examples of this method include using a rule of thumb, an educated guess, an intuitive judgment, guesstimate, stereotyping, profiling, or common sense.

And here we are.
NASA - good record keeping, Australia's CSIRO Parkes observatory -

"NASA hunts for missing Parkes moon tapes"
www.abc.net.au...

Forty years ago today three astronauts in Apollo 11 blasted off towards the moon and hundreds of millions of people watched the mission via grainy footage on television.

What many people don't know is that the astronauts sent back much better images that were recorded by engineers on Earth - but NASA has lost those original tapes.

Today it has been revealed that the Parkes Observatory in Australia also recorded a version of that much clearer vision, but as chance would have it, they've been mislaid as well.....

In the 1970s and 80s NASA had a shortage of the tapes. It erased about 200,000 of them and reused them. The Apollo 11 footage is thought to have been wiped out.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

Aha I think 'they' were the Nephilim, so it was more or less a colony.

$0.02

No.
Parents of Nephilim. Sons of God, AKA , Angels fallen to Earth, AKA Aliens. There was a war. 200 of them landed on Mount Hermon

How do you know this information ......oversized humans right...in an inquisitional way not a challenging way...I would like to know how you came to your understandings so I can look for paralells to truths I already understand.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Interesting, I have that book Interview with the Giant by Judd Burton, he comes to a similar conclusion that the fallen 'landed' on Mt. Hermon, but they were angels not aliens. However, their offspring the Nephilim could have colonized Mars I think that's entirely possible.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Well lets leave it, at being a porous satellite. Shall we?

No, you can leave it as porous, I will still wonder.

edit on 9-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Phobosphobia

Heres a real word. You might learn something

Pithecophobia

Fear of ATS skunks taking cheap shots

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hmm! Not to sure if you or anybody else should be free to do so.

But hey whatever. It is fun to wonder.
Carry on dude! With your wondering ways.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
Oh wow! That is actually pretty funny. In more ways then one.

Pretty sure skunkape23 either did know or, didn't know that Phobos itself is a phobia, the original meaning of fear. Greek derived off course, its practically in the word, something-phobia this or that-phobia. But I would not count out pithechobia for skunkapes while not smelling to good, are known to be very aggressive. Even chimps can get pretty aggressive.

But skunkapes if they exist, you know theoretically speaking off course, one should have a healthy fear of them. However the ATS skunks are laughable at best. But most importantly one should not take oneself to serious. Plenty of clown and jokesters on ATS, I mean just look at the political section, if full of hilarity.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

Surely if you're going to build a 3 billion dollar rocket to fly to Mars you'd invest in better cameras

If the only object was to take photos maybe, and if the mass of the probe was not a problem. There is always a compromise between what you would like to send and what the fuel cost will allow you to send. Pretty much every probe we ever send has a wealth of other instruments on them and they are also important, arguably more important in terms of the information they can provide than just pretty pictures.

Aldrin's statement, btw, was intended as a way of encouraging us to explore and find out what things are not a declaration that there is some alien object. The rest of his statement is usually missed off: "Who put it there? The universe put it there".

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

"have forgotten how to go to the moon"

How dare you question the narrative - we simply cant build such slow chips anymore.

www.computerweekly.com...

The so-called Apollo Guidance Computer (AGC) ..... It was more basic than the electronics in modern toasters that have computer controlled stop/start/defrost buttons. It had approximately 64Kbyte of memory and operated at 0.043MHz.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

you could look at this...

presidentialufo.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: visitedbythem

Interesting, I have that book Interview with the Giant by Judd Burton, he comes to a similar conclusion that the fallen 'landed' on Mt. Hermon, but they were angels not aliens. However, their offspring the Nephilim could have colonized Mars I think that's entirely possible.

Angels were aliens by definition. They cheered when Earth was formed. They weren't from here. They were made to watch ( They are the watchers) as their offspring fought civil war and killed each other, and those offspring on Earth were drown to remove as much of their DNA as possible. I believe war took place on other planets too
My family came from Harpoot Turkey area at the base of Mount Ararat in 1910. We lived over a tributary of the Euphrates river. My grandfather was born in 1900, and his Great uncle was minister of finance for all of Turkey, and also oversaw the Mullahs own personal finances. People from our village not only knew about the giant ocean ship, petrified and l odged whole ,in solid ice above them, they had been on and in it. I am a grandpa, and I was told by my Grandpa that it was only exposed, and just partially , after at least 15 years of consecutive drought. A giant ocean liner doesn't get up there without a flood
Believe it of not , Ive told you the truth
edit on 9-1-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

thanks for detailed comment, appreciated.

Earth is at that distance from the sun that is essential to evolution. Without the moon there would be no life on Earth.

When searching for other planets in space we look for planets in the Goldilocks zone.

If we are seeded by an "ancient" civilization its not beyond a possibility that they had the tech to drag a "hollow" moon into orbit.

www.scientificamerican.com...
"Without the Moon, Would There Be Life on Earth?'

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

hmm...

universal maximum depth of impact craters

strange indeed

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

When a prestigious organization destroys artifacts that question a narrative, you have to admit its fishy.
Plenty of pics here...

worldnewsdailyreport.com...

A US Supreme Court ruling has forced the Smithsonian institution to release classified papers dating from the early 1900’s that proves the organization was involved in a major historical cover up of evidence showing giants human remains in the tens of thousands had been uncovered all across America and were ordered to be destroyed by high level administrators to protect the mainstream chronology of human evolution at the time.

The allegations stemming from the American Institution of Alternative Archeology (AIAA) that the Smithsonian Institution had destroyed thousands of giant human remains during the early 1900’s was not taken lightly by the Smithsonian who responded by suing the organization for defamation and trying to damage the reputation of the 168-year old institution.

During the court case, new elements were brought to light as several Smithsonian whistle blowers admitted to the existence of documents that allegedly proved the destruction of tens of thousands of human skeletons reaching between 6 feet and 12 feet in height, a reality mainstream archeology can not admit to for different reasons, claims AIAA spokesman, James Churward

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I am well aware of where the word Phobos comes from, I am Greek. ( γειά σου φίλε )

smelling to good

its "too good" by the way.

But most importantly one should not take oneself to serious.

Well the designers of Washington DC took themselves seriously enough to base the layout on esoteric meaning.

Heres some fun stuff

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Accordingto Buzz Aldrin, there is an oblisk on the Mars moon Phobos.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Phobosphobia: An irrational fear of the Martian moon Phobos.
Presumably inhabited by clowns.

Nah, it's occupied by huge herds of Thote.

Unfortunately, when startled (a frequent occurrence on a moon named after 'fear') they all begin urinating on themselves, each other and anything in the vicinity.

The Thote only advanced enough to invent the garbage bin, and even that was just so they had something to knock over.

edit on 10/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: skunkape23

Phobosphobia

Heres a real word. You might learn something

Pithecophobia

Fear of ATS skunks taking cheap shots
My new word for the day. Thanks. I ain't skeered of no monkey.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join