It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cliven Bundy walks free as federal judge dismisses Bundy Ranch standoff case

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Without taking any sides, how the #?

Mistrial declared due to prosecutorial misconduct... prosecutorial misconduct included several discovery violations -- aka Brady violations -- i.e., prosecutors did not turn over evidence favorable to the defense as required by law.

And the judge found the FBI agents to be complicit.

Since the mistrial hearing, the defense filed a motion to have all charges dismissed with prejudice... and the prosecution filed a motion minimizing their misconduct and requesting a third trial. Today the judge granted the defenses motion to dismiss... and condemned the misconduct of the prosecution and FBI.

Of note, between the mistrial hearing and today's ruling, AG Sessions appointed a new U.S. Attorney to replace the one prosecuting this case -- Steven Myrhe. Sessions also called for a review of the case.

Does that help?

ETA: Here's a thread I authored previously with more details about the prosecutorial misconduct if your interested:
Unsealed motions in NV Bundy case detail prosecution's violations
edit on 8-1-2018 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Chickensalad
So everyone on the civilian side of this whole debacle has been exonerated? From Bundy to the Oregon standoff? Am I understanding correctly?

Pretty much -- but not exactly.

A few of the defendants in both the Oregon Standoff and the Nevada Standoff plea bargained. Based on this court ruling, they can challenge that plea agreement in court.

I do believe there were a couple of Oregon defendants who were tried separately from the Bundys, and there were a couple of convictions (but I don't remember the charges). If so, they can also challenge those convictions in court.

In the first Nevada trial, two of the defendants were found guilty -- they can now challenge those convictions in court.

All of the defendants, including all the Bundys, who were not convicted in the first Nevada trial and carried over to face a new trial are those who are now Scot free -- all charges dropped and the state cannot re-file or re-try those charges.

Alrighty, thanks for the clarification.

Sounds like some damn good news to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: face23785
Without taking any sides, how the #?

Mistrial declared due to prosecutorial misconduct... prosecutorial misconduct included several discovery violations -- aka Brady violations -- i.e., prosecutors did not turn over evidence favorable to the defense as required by law.

And the judge found the FBI agents to be complicit.

Since the mistrial hearing, the defense filed a motion to have all charges dismissed with prejudice... and the prosecution filed a motion minimizing their misconduct and requesting a third trial. Today the judge granted the defenses motion to dismiss... and condemned the misconduct of the prosecution and FBI.

Of note, between the mistrial hearing and today's ruling, AG Sessions appointed a new U.S. Attorney to replace the one prosecuting this case -- Steven Myrhe. Sessions also called for a review of the case.

Does that help?

ETA: Here's a thread I authored previously with more details about the prosecutorial misconduct if your interested:
Unsealed motions in NV Bundy case detail prosecution's violations

That explains it pretty well. That was my guess anyway. Overzealous prosecutors are always #ing up cases like this.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Alrighty, thanks for the clarification.

You're very welcome!

Sounds like some damn good news to me.

Me too! Team Trump might actually redeem themselves just a little with me if I see more like this.... these were all Federal agents and it's Trump's watch now.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Amen to that the Bundy's are real American heroes along with all the patriots that came to their defense.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That was my guess anyway. Overzealous prosecutors are always #ing up cases like this.

Indeed... I think there's been a few just this past week.

But there's plenty of blame to go around! The prosecutors were just continuing the SOP. The Feds have been behaving badly for decades.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Has Harry Reid made any statements regarding this?

I'm guessing not, as he tried to distance himself as soon as people noticed his connection.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Boadicea

Not on CNN's front page at all.
I'm shocked.

That's just too sad for words.

I did see it at Fox and LA Times, also the NYT... ahhhh... maybe that's it, they needed to get their talking points from the NYT first and get the story straight...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Has Harry Reid made any statements regarding this?

I'm guessing not, as he tried to distance himself as soon as people noticed his connection.

Nope -- no comment from Dirty Harry that I can find.

In fact, he seems to have dropped off the radar since leaving the senate... I have no idea what he's up to these days. If these investigations heat up any more though, I expect we'll be hearing about him -- if not from his lawyers.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Blind justice!
Let freedom ring!
You are making me proud for the first time in years, USA!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Sure it has already been said but seems like the majority of Americans think this is racist calling him a white supremacist and complaining that the only reason he was allowed a trial is cuz he is a white cis male even though the non-msm ACTUAL STATISTICS based on FACT say that you are much more likely to be shot and killed by police as a white man than a black man (and yes that IS per capita not just in general)

www.carbonated.tv...

Edit: Before you pounce on me, sure he may be racist or have made racist comments. That is not my point. My point is that A. Everyone who says something stupid does not necessarily deserve the immediate label of white supremacist. In my day, which was not long ago at all, that term was reserved for people who were activists pushing the agenda of white supremacy and not thrown at a theater usher who mindlessly seats a white cis male closer to the screen than Mexican drag queen Juana Verga so...juana get over it?! B. This whole court thing is about citizens and the FBI and im saying leave it to millennials and morons to make this about race just like the university that had to shut down for the day when a discarded banana peel was found on the ground leading students to require counseling for how unsafe they felt after such an "obvious" racist attack or calling air conditioning in the workplace sexist. It's all reaching farther than too far.

edit on 1/8/2018 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/8/2018 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Remember the stand off against the BLM? All because the Obama administration orchestrated an illegal land grab.

The citizens of the United States in an historic moment crystallized much of what America represents. The feds cordoned off a tiny area near the stand-off as the "free speech zone" to hear citizens grievances yet ironically no federal agents or federal representatives were there to hear any grievances. Since when do we get told to confine our free speech to a single cordoned off area?

Yet after that day the MSM went dead silent on the topic. Never another word from any MSM outlet.

Yet we have those in the government who allow dirt bag protestors like ANTIFA and Black Lives Matter to act like asinine jack asses and allow them to destroy private and public property under the guise of "free speech". And we see and hear that junk on a daily basis.

Liberal bias.

This was a HUGE victory for American citizens in more ways than most can comprehend.

edit on 8-1-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Yes 1 family and a handful of concerned citizens stopped the BLM and FBI from bullying them, I can't remember that happened in like ever.

I think they killed several of their cattle in the process. As usual no one will lose their jobs, they should.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Awesome! Justice delayed, yes, but the purge is working and restoring our rights!
edit on 9-1-2018 by moyeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

No argument from me -- they tried darn hard to make the Bundys out to be racist... and "entitled" for wanting "free" land. Yup. There was quite the smear going on in the MSM.

And nada today.

But we can appreciate the victory for the Bundys, and hopefully the victories to come for others, and by extension really for all of us.

And another thought. Now that all legal proceedings are ended, that means the gag orders are ended, and the Bundys can sing like canaries to their hearts' content. With the court ruling on well-established and documented gross prosecutorial misconduct, we can hopefully expect other bad behavior and practices by Fed agents/agencies to get much more attention. And much more credibility in the public. Not so easy for the MSM to simply label him a racist and whatever else they want.

People are paying more and more attention every day.

When we look back at this day, I hope we recognize it as the beginning of the end for this crap.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I sure do remember. The videos posted by the Bundys were shocking and deplorable on the part of the Feds. I think they were pretty shocked (and embarrassed and humiliated) by the outcome. They never expected their authority to be challenged. And I'm pretty sure their marching orders came from the top. I don't believe for a minute that Obama and his minions weren't involved up to their neck in the whole Bundy fiasco. And Reid. I don't think it's an accident that Reid had his "exercise belt accident" not long after this. He obviously let someone down.

These days, protests are too often staged events with paid actors... and especially violent actors like Antifa and Black Lives Matters. It's all contrived. But I think people are seeing it more and more every day. They see it in the chaos in DC, and they see it in the stories told on the MSM, and especially in the stories NOT told on MSM. They see it in the unequal treatment of people doing the same things -- but for different reasons. It's gotten so bad that folks can't help but see it!!!

Those who scream and whine the loudest on both sides will always be with us. Unfortunately. Now they just look like bigger and bigger fools every day. Their gig is up!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

I think they killed several of their cattle in the process. As usual no one will lose their jobs, they should.

Have faith! It ain't over till it's over!!!

One very worthy person has lost their job: Dan Love, the head neanderthal at the BLM. ("Bureau of Land Management," not the "Black Lives Matter" groups). Also, the lead prosecutor in the case has lost his job as acting U.S. Attorney in Nevada -- and perhaps even more disciplinary actions now that the judge has ruled. He should be disbarred and banned from working in government and positions of public trust forever.

Now that other defense attorneys have the misconduct information -- all established and documented by the judge -- there will be further repercussions.

And I'm sure the Federal agencies involved -- the FBI, BLM, Fish and Wildlife Services, etc., -- will all be closely scrutinized going forward. And the Federal Agents doing the dirty work.

I'm betting this ain't over yet.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: moyeti

Awesome! Justice delayed, yes, but the purge is working and restoring our rights!

And I'll bet these low life cretins never even saw it coming -- tee hee hee!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Cliven Bundy is doubling -- no, tripling down!!!

BUNKERVILLE STANDOFF: CLIVEN BUNDY'S FIGHT FOR FREEDOM CONTINUES IN FREEDOM TODAY

"I'm not done fighting by any means"

Today Cliven Bundy will be outside the office of Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo challenging him and other officials to back his stance that led to the Bunkerville Standoff of April 2014.

Bundy says that state and local officials should back his right to graze cattle, use water and pay fees to Clark County instead of the federal government.

Cliven Bundy says the governor of Nevada along with Clark County, Nevada officials aided and abetted the federal government's violations of his family's rights.

Bundy is holding a news conference outside the sheriff's office at 1pm Las Vegas time.

There's a little more back story at the link.

My respect and admiration for Cliven Bundy continues to grow. The Feds did their best to break him, and it only made him stronger. No one could blame him if he took some time to lick his wounds before jumping back into the fray. But not Cliven Bundy. He's a man on a mission with the strength and courage of his convictions.

God love him and bless him.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This is excellent news. Any time the oppressive federal government gets its ass handed to it, its a good day.

FBI hasn't been dissolved yet? They aren't needed. We waste far too much money arming these monkeys, who thanks to J. Edgar Hoover (and likely trumped up concerns about "organized crime" - maybe false flags even) became "real" law enforcement officers vs. investigators.

I believe that designation should be stripped. We don't need the federal government arresting ANY citizens on their own. Besides, government is so incompetent/overspread that local assets ALWAYS make up the bulk of federal task forces. These local assets don't need federal government supervising them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join