It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crypto Currency Bitcoin / Altcoin Sub Forum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Seeing as the Block-Chain Token Currency Explosion is at hand, wouldn't you think that a top-level sub-forum on ATS, for discussion on the matter would be a reasonable proposition?

If we could make polls in our threads I'd make one but yeah...

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Sounds good to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Might as well, being that cryptos are a household name sparking the interest of those who wouldn't have known what it was, were be skeptical of it prior to it's popularity or other.

If there's an issue with forum/site space-It could replace one of the seemingly defunct forums, from 2012 to Off the Grid that can't be utilized to the debate forum-and others that brought titles to the site- which doesn't seem to be used anymore but titles are still allowed. I digress, the last forums that I mentioned- that's just in jest, after all those might return in the future right?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
That would be a good idea. It has become more of a mainstream thing lately. More and more people are trying various currencies out.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
FamCore tried to get one started, to include PMs as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But for some unknown f’ing reason it was closed for staff review. Gotta tell ya, some MOD actions make no goddamn sense.

Hope you gain traction with it, it would be a relevant and interesting topic to discuss.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Defo a good idea 😊

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Agreed. Long overdue IMO.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Good luck. A year ago after appeal it was suggested they'd go ahead with the new "Accelerating Change" [or whatever term for it] (technology) forum, which crypto would actually fall under, and NOPE nothing ever happened.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

No. Crypto has been around for a long time. The fact that it is now a household name means stay away and out of it unless you want to lose your money.

That ship has sailed.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UpsideDownWorld

And they will all lose their money.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
yep stay away especially if your scared. If your not too afraid like Outlier13, come make some money.

We definitely need a crypto forum.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Famcore suggested this months ago but it fell on deaf ears.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

what "money"? You mean the digital recordings in your bank's database?

My friend just turned $500 into $10k through crypto and invested all that in sustainable survival gear and infrastructure overseas.... Plus he has crypto assets diversified into cold wallets for use way after any dips or bubble pops... (You don't just pop the block chain, that exists on millions of computer nodes across the globe)

...//eyeroll// @ the superstitious....
Btw... How's that money you didn't loose gonna help you after an economic collapse?

Afterthought....
Imagine the minds behind their minds of ATS management considering the equation of....
"Curious and open minds investigating all aspects of anything....plus crypto currency discussion... Equals results not congruent with status quo agenda strategy"...
...Amirite?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Let's hear your stellar recommendations on how and when to get into crypto. BTC owns the market share and has had 8 30% +/- spikes since inception. A guy once paid for a pizza with 10,000 BTC at the time worth only $40 now worth $163M. Let's hear you guide those unfamiliar with crypto exactly which exchanges to get into, what the security risks are, how to manage long term off line storage, what the new tax law implications are, etc.

Explain how the crypto sharks manipulate the market and everyone else is along for a ride. Explain why 99.99% of all trades are micro trades.

Guys like you who call people "scared" are either stupid with their money or a troll.

I've been in BTC since 2013 and been a LT HODLR so go preach your BS somewhere else son.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

This type of thinking doesn't quite make sense to me..

C'est la vie and all, but even just seen as an investment, it seems the opposite is true. Widespread adoption and awareness of anything tends to grow the market.

While not the same, it'd be like someone saying "Google is starting to become a household name, failure is imminent!" or "Microsoft is becoming well known, time to get out!"

There are certainly legitimate concerns on the subject, but it seems to me that mass awareness is absolutely not the precursor to failure.

Anywho, I think a forum like this would be good, but I'd agree that it could be consolidated with a few other topics in what IIB called an "Accelerating Change" forum. I thought it was a good idea then, and think its a good idea now.

In fact, I think packaging with topics of that type may inadvertently lead to some really neat connections and conversations.

So, maybe not a crypto forum all by its lonesome, but connected to other similar subjects that really are unique and novel to this period in human history.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge

originally posted by: Outlier13

My friend just turned $500 into $10k through crypto

Which crypto "currency" was your friend in recently where he turned $500 into $10,000?

Name it.
edit on 7-1-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Mine was Ethereum, next will be Ripple (XRP). Get it while you can.... if you.
edit on 7-1-2018 by MonarchofBooks1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Let's keep this Thread clear of FUD and Whales please .

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonarchofBooks1611

Mine was Ethereum, next will be Ripple (XRP). Get it while you can.... if you.

I fully disagree . VEN is a sleeping giant . Q2 it's projected at $60 USD per coin .

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Funny thing . I was on the Exchange last night and bought some " ATS" coin. Trolls were saying it was going to pump . I didn't bother looking into it. Just bought it for sheer fact that it was ATS LOL. was board .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join