It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were all focused on BTC

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Sell off today is just an over reaction to the sec announcement?

It was a reaction. Don't know if it was an over reaction, if the exchange people use doesn't get SEC approval there is a very real fear that their exchange could get shut down and people won't be able to cash out for awhile and their investment might be a fraction of what it was worth.

I'm waiting till crypto gets properly regulated before I try my hand at it. I, like a lot of other people, have missed the boat so to speak. While some folks still made a good bit of money jumping in late, I don't have the risk appetite for it right now.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Those kinds of scams are also though, what is keeping the market from growing and becoming more legitimate.

I disagree though, that it's too late to get in. Personally, I think this will be a landmark year for crypto, but not for a while yet in the year.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I've been following Bitcoin and Ethereum since a friend started mining. The market has been following the technical rules that give traders/gamblers confidence. I was able to successfully predict a 15 percent chart breakout after the initial triangle (no real money). Today we have seen a wide range between 9000 and 9700 for Bitcoin that I would not be able to predict. Long term hold strategies won't work with a declining triangle Ponzi scheme back to a double bottom. Since I can't successfully predict I probably shouldn't gamble.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Is this bleeding going to stop?

Since the sec announcement crypto looks like it's dead.

Bitcoin has dropped like a rock.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I have a target in mind to buy one more time. If Ethereum and Litecoin do not meet my target I will not buy. If they are still sinking uncontrollably once my target is hit and it still doesn't look good I will have to make a decision.

I am looking for $600 ethereum and $100 litecoin. I am a bit iffy on buying ethereum if it drops to $600 though. If litecoin drops to $100 I am going to buy one. I am not buying anymore alt coins at the moment even though they are cheap. I'm just going to hold what I got and wait the storm out.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I'm clinging and waiting for a few points to hit until I buy again. Come April-June, we'll wish we hadn't acquired more.

All of this tech speculation comes to fruition and begins to propagate around then. It will be a much better indication of the market.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So many of the really good projects don't roll out until later in the year.

The market definitely tanked this year, but I think it has more to do with fear of regulation. Which is funny because all the people who are whining about regulations coming ignore the vast fraud in the system.

No one is ever held accountable because the interpretation is that because it's unregulated, theft doesn't matter.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You're right, it isn't, but you made the "it's not a pump and dump" claim and you did exactly that. Smooth move, ex lax. Now you're just chasing your tail and equivocating...but those smarter than you know it, and predicted it. I did. You didn't. Good luck chasing that tail. I'll enjoy my new truck, FTW.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Now, with risk reward main directive.....buyin above 11,777 ans sellin till 4100 below that month's top.....tribble top huh!

huh, unrelated the USDJPY and most majors seem to have completed a triple three down....for ya elliott waves out there

editt....sorry i should splain the 4100 target down there... down......twould be a wave 5 completion......So, I'm going to be looking for a place to get longs for the followers there somewhere

I have no Bitcoin positions nor intend to

edit on 8-3-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

More frustrating news out of Japan. Just a day after FSA regulators stymied exchanges the ghost of Mt. Gox appears again, this time as a possible cause for the Bitcoin market drop from Dec. 2017.

www.newsbtc.com...

Cryptocurrency enthusiasts will have noticed all markets are getting battered. Volatility is an integral part of this industry, but the reason for the current sell-off is triggered by something else entirely. The Mt. Gox trustee is liquidating assets on behalf of the exchange’s victims. Unfortunately, he appears to be selling these coins across regular exchanges and crashing the price.

www.newsbtc.com...

They pinned it on Mt. Gox, not the sec.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The problem is that they have a lot more bitcoin to dump at anytime. Nobody knows when either.

It is all of the talk on other forums.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It looks like he has over 1 billion dollars worth of bitcoin to sell.

unbelievable

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

The second news story that has affected the price of Bitcoin is the SEC comment regarding cryptocurrency platforms, namely that they shouldn’t be called exchanges since this term creates the illusion of regulated activity.

That is a crock of snip.

That is what people do.

Exchange one thing for another.
edit on 9-3-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I just found this.

Feds Selling Bitcoin

I don't think 2,000 bitcoin is enough to tank the market, but who knows?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I've got pretty much the same numbers in mind.

BTC 8000
ETH 600
XRP Current
BCH 900
LTC 100
ADA Current
NEO 70
XLM Current
XMR 200
MIOTA 1
BNB Current

Current, means I'll buy at what it is currently. Though I may hold off until the 19th if that fed selloff rumor happens. We'll see. I just hate that I've basically lost money at this so far, but really, it's not more than I can afford to risk, and I still think that there is a lot of future potential, but that it means going through a rough spot.

Even the rumor of it will scare the fish it seems, in this market....

edit on 13-3-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

That's pretty much where I'm at as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Has anyone here got any Elastos (ELA)?

I suggest looking into them and getting as much as possible before it hits binance, currently only available on sketchy Huobi, but I brought a bunch of coin I made a profit on over there and traded it for ELA and withdrew it to the ELA official wallet.

This might be the best move I have ever made, and I have gotten lucky (due to my planned gambles) a few times since late November. I strongly recommend looking into ELA.

Only 33 million total coin supply.

Their cloud computing technology is groundbreaking, playing high console games on any basic device because they handle the computing on the cloud.

They just signed a deal with Origin Agritech which is the Chinese equivalent of Monsanto:

Origin and Elastos Announce Collaboration in Developing An Agribusiness Transaction, Data Service Platform using Blockchain Technologies

www.prnewswire.com... ng-blockchain-technologies-300599522.html

The above entity (Origin) has links to the Chinese government and gets preferred treatment. NEO will rule the public space while ELA and ONT and the coins on that chain will cater to the private sector. The NEO smart economy is unfolding before our eyes. The Chinese blockchain plan is happening and this is our chance. I still hold other stuff but my main hold is these coins.

Get as much ELA, NEO, GAS and a select few NEP 5 tokens as possible. NEX will be huge, TNC is another sleeping giant. Trust me you will thank me later.

Yes I am aware of the bad news in regards to NEO lately but I believe it is over exaggerated. It hasn't even suffered a fraction of the hiccups Etherium has and look where they are today, and NEO has no transaction fees and is faster and executes better smart contracts that ELA will be using among many others.

edit on 13-3-2018 by JosephKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I've still got to buy some BNB...not just to make the Binance transactions cheaper and easier, but it's really done decent with all of the dips lately.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

I've got pretty much the same numbers in mind.

BTC 8000
ETH 600
XRP Current
BCH 900
LTC 100
ADA Current
NEO 70
XLM Current
XMR 200
MIOTA 1
BNB Current

Current, means I'll buy at what it is currently. Though I may hold off until the 19th if that fed selloff rumor happens. We'll see. I just hate that I've basically lost money at this so far, but really, it's not more than I can afford to risk, and I still think that there is a lot of future potential, but that it means going through a rough spot.

Even the rumor of it will scare the fish it seems, in this market....

get ready to buy the dip

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join