It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were all focused on BTC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ripple has been making enormous strides.

Ripple is a cryptocurrency that is attempting to establish itself as the world reserve crypto coin.

The Ripplenet network solves international account-to-account transactions in a few seconds. Currently, that takes hours or days. The XRP token being the means of exchange across this network, providing instant liquidity to banks and customers.

Ripple is compliant with regulatory agencies around the world. Yesterday, when Asian cryptomarkets took a hit on SK's regulatory announcements, Ripple was not affected, in fact, Ripple exploded across Asia.

It has scalability built-in, regulatory compliance, it is the second largest crypto coin by market cap, and it has the backing of many international banks to include B of A, HSBC, Royal Bank of Canada, several banks and bank conglomerates in Asia, and it is expected to continue to be adopted.

It is definitely the cryptocurrency of centralization. But there is a lot of potential for value.

What this tells us is that Bitcoin is only the herald of a new age of finance. Bitcoin is a store of value digital asset no more valuable than the USD in reality. What makes it valuable is its decentralization and built-in valuation.

Every crypto coin has a set supply and can be divided millions of times in order to make accurate transactions. However, in order to create a global reserve currency, you need to start with a locked supply of currency and disburse in set increments over time as the network grows. This is what ripple is doing. They are hoping every transaction in the world will eventually pass through their networks. And in order to provide instant liquidity, any coin attempting to do this would need to start out with a large disbursement and then lower ones over time until there is enough in the system to sustain global instant liquidity over a massive global network.

I say hold on to BTC for your private transactions. Otherwise, start buying ripple.
edit on 31 12 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Not a chance. Centralized and controlled. Too much is already owned by too few.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Darpa was working on cryptocurrencies in the 90's but Bitcoin is apparently the world of some Manga comic Japanese computer genius and I have a bridge on Sydney harbour to sell.

Congratulations Mr Non compliant we have deleted your credits and your now a non entity....gold and silver still look good to me sorry.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
How do I buy some today , right now?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
buy on the dips

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

thats why it will be popular, its also more stable and they have had talks with China

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I don't mind making money off of the man.

If you have XRP and just can't stomach the moral implications of supporting fiat currency, then please send your XRP here rhXnsKjA2bxcDgMvfgEbjh6yVuS3L2BU9k .

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Some folks do love them banks /shrug

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Ripple is the man's "in." Get your profits. Hold for more but know that it doesn't end well for Ripple IMO.

I don't hold any. Much more interested in Cardano.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Right now every exchange is backlogged. So good luck.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The fact is Ripplenet is more important than XRP.

Ripplenet is solving a problem with their network and providing instant global liquidity via XRP.

That will eventually pan out as a stable means of exchange. I expect the market cap to continue to explode until an equilibrium is reached for the scale of the network.

Ripplenet hasn't even gone public yet. If they partner with other giants like VISA, MasterCard, Novus and others(They already have Amex on board), then you can expect that Ripple will continue to be around long after many other altcoins have bitten the dust.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: notsure1

Right now every exchange is backlogged. So good luck.
i Saw something recently about coinbase adding ripple, any news on that?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

That won't be happening until after the first of the year. When it does Ripple will likely explode overnight.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The fact is Ripplenet is more important than XRP.

Agree. So why the need for XRP. AKA the Ripple coin? There is no mining of the network.

You're incredibly intelligent. Have you done your research in the crypto area? (Not in anyway saying your unintelligent by buying Ripple btw)

Also, the network will continue to be less centralized, which is not, also IMO, going to be wide enough to be truly decentralized (yes, semantics
)

With companies like Ripple and Swift, it will make many financial tools obsolete. However, none of this benefits the Ripple coin. See where I'm going with this?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

That is the hot rumor of the last month. Nothing from Coinbase on it however. It is worth noting that by Conbases standards, RIpple does not qualify. However, that's only a mere change in their own standards I suppose.

Monero or Dash seem like the logical step, however not much is logical right now in the crypto space.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The Chinese government has just brought in Capital controls, on their ATM's by memory an individual can withdraw about 15k a year, they have also placed restrictions on Bc. So it looks like the population might be going for an alternative. Because since its only Chinese money keeping things fluid at the moment it could be interesting to see how this pans out.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

RIpple does not qualify.

Gdax Listing Guidelines - PDF -

This framework is not intended to be a definitive methodology, investment advice, or a commitment to support any specific asset. As the technology, use cases, and regulatory environment evolve, so too will this framework."

I disagree.

Ripple will most likely be added

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I'm not saying it wont. Given all the metrics currently, it stands to reason that it will.

That snip was added in November. They may have been planning, IDK.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The most recent was a reddit video that showed the Beta site of Coinbase listing Ripple.

It's a Ripple Demo on Coinbase Beta.

Here's the Reddit

This was today. The video is now gone.
edit on 31 12 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

youtu.be...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join