It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times : "The Pentagon's Mysterious UFO Program" (plus DeLonge's new website/videos)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Time. Yeah. Sigh. I've definitely and obviously been out of the loop for that very reason. I'd be an ingrate to truly complain, but I will say that you just made my starved little ufo-shaped heart pitter-patter with excitement of new perspective on our mutual topic of long interest, Good Sir.

Including your next thread. I have soooo much catching up to do. Help lol.

What troubles me (as per our mutual nudge-nudge, wink-wink) is the difficulty in knowing who the good guys are, and who's running the circus.

Exactly....Even ATS members that I once thought were ring masters...Now Look Like Clowns! Circus indeed, believe me!

edit on 20-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Well like they say, it’s a time and place for everything.

In terms of the practical reality of this little disclosure, I agree we don’t have a clue as of yet what this means.

It could be from nothing to infinity....

You know like Roswell—we have a space ship, to we have nothing but a couple of dummies.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Just saw George Knapp tweeting about a new segment with Harry Reid tonight at 6. I couldn't find a stream for I Team news in Vegas, but like yesterday I'm sure he'll put it online afterwards. Results and info about Pentagon studies on UFOs that haven't been released yet
edit on 12/20/2017 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/20/2017 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I feel the same way.

This really isn't much different than 60 plus years ago with the revelation about foo-fighters, the gun footage and the eventual owning up to Project Blue Book.

Barring some extraordinary evidence yet to be revealed, we only have conjecture and not much else. Just everyone imposing their own special theories "hoping" their's will pan out.

I think we know enough to take the long-view of this an see if it's going to be another 60 years of Crickets, or if tangible answers and evidence will be forthcoming. Pretty sure we're tired of being Charlie Brown to the Governments Lucy.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

George is in the box seat and good on him - glad he’s there... love what he does and how he goes about it, his tales of Skinwalker Ranch had me sucked right in. Loved his humor regarding nothing ever happening to him anytime they put him out for bait on the ranch lol.

If this is how disclosure is suppose to go, this makes a lot of sense to drip feed it to the point where we are all desensitized to the truth.

Shock and Aww before Xmas.... Yeah probably not!

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The Pentagon, DOD or any other three letter agency did not release this information or video to the NY Times. Everyone is acting and talking as though they did.I believe there is far more to this that will be revealed in the weeks to come.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The new George Knapp segment is up!

I-Team: UFO study focused on U.S. military encounters

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimKerr

The Pentagon, DOD or any other three letter agency did not release this information or video to the NY Times. Everyone is acting and talking as though they did.I believe there is far more to this that will be revealed in the weeks to come.

This topic must really excite you (as it does me) Jim. Welcome to the fray! Did you come to ATS following the current events surrounding the Academy?

Why do I have the feeling a "We're the White Hats forcing Disclosure!" narrative is coming? Sounds like you might be inferring something along those lines. And could be the case for all we empirically know at the moment. Which ain't a whole lot.

However, Yes, I agree, the game is afoot! Be they white hat or black though...that be our Shakespearean question.
edit on 20-12-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: spleenika
The new George Knapp segment is up!

I-Team: UFO study focused on U.S. military encounters

Thanks for linking that.

Las Vegas businessman Robert Bigelow, whose aerospace facility housed the UFO study team, says he signed a strict non-disclosure agreement and cannot discuss the findings.

Bigelow signed an NDA? With who, the government? I thought Bigelow normally had people sign HIS NDA's (Skinwalker Ranch etc)

Reid says the study produced voluminous reports but was canceled because of fears within the intelligence community, fear not only that the story would leak out, but fear based on religious beliefs who felt that UFOs might be satanic. Reporter George Knapp: "Did you hear that, that it's evil? Harry Reid: "Yes. I think there are a lot of people who don't like it for a number of reasons and religious views. It didn't fit with what they wanted to spend money on."

Some religious folks are using their beliefs to deny science and the truth. Worst part is (IMO) their fear of the unknown. Mankind needs to confront the unknown and learn from it, not hide behind the skirt of beliefs that are likely myths. I feel a rant coming on, so I'll just stop here.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JimKerr

Well the DoD declassified the video on Friday, and on Saturday simultaneously the NY Times and Politico released full reports and the same day had interviews with the actual pilot. That clearly had not been all arranged over 1 night. Also To The Stars had their full takes and deeper analysis of the videos up Saturday at the same time as the press stories dropped.

And Luis Elizondo has not been arrested for disclosing the existence of the Pentagons secret Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program...

It is hard for me to believe the DoD, which also acknowledged publicly that the AATIP program did exist, just in time for the stories, is somehow not coordinating with the TTS group.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

Reid says the study produced voluminous reports but was canceled because of fears within the intelligence community, fear not only that the story would leak out, but fear based on religious beliefs who felt that UFOs might be satanic. Reporter George Knapp: "Did you hear that, that it's evil? Harry Reid: "Yes. I think there are a lot of people who don't like it for a number of reasons and religious views. It didn't fit with what they wanted to spend money on."

I must say that this a historical argument with some of these same folk when their unconventional programs get shut down. There's not a whole lot of actual evidence to support the argument and it makes a convenient scapegoat.

Then again, maybe it's The Dawning of the Age of Aquarius and Aliens (whatever they are) are our Superiors. I think Tom and Lavenda seem to think so.

I wanna believe! But not too much.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: spleenika
a reply to: JimKerr

Well the DoD declassified the video on Friday, and on Saturday simultaneously the NY Times and Politico released full reports and the same day had interviews with the actual pilot. That clearly had not been all arranged over 1 night. Also To The Stars had their full takes and deeper analysis of the videos up Saturday at the same time as the press stories dropped.

And Luis Elizondo has not been arrested for disclosing the existence of the Pentagons secret Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program...

It is hard for me to believe the DoD, which also acknowledged publicly that the AATIP program did exist, just in time for the stories, is somehow not coordinating with the TTS group.

the fact that the government has to be coordinating it, is common sense.

but look at something else. Reid said that the intelligence community was afraid that it'll all hit the front pages, and now they're releasing it? someone is lying.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Anyone named George, Kit, Isaac, Tom, or Mark are definitely Good Guys... In my opinion of course, take or leave it but that's what I know in my heart.

Mark...
edit on 12-20-2017 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Check this out: www.lasvegasnow.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Oh wow! The gangs all here.
GUT, Isaac good to see you guys again. I'm glad to see I wasn't totally out there speculating a few years back.

Per the mystery material - Vallee is involved with it. I don't know his exact role, but he was talking about this in at least one interview BEFORE the NYT story.
www.dailygrail.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
Check this out: www.lasvegasnow.com...

Holy cow, the Collins Elite stuff.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

Anyone named George, Kit, Isaac, Tom, or Mark are definitely Good Guys... In my opinion of course, take or leave it but that's what I know in my heart.

Probably so. I haven't totally made up my mind yet--except for Isaac--but I don't know 'em and you do. What about anybody named Richard in your opinion? Isaac said he's been showing up on his Facebook. I guess I need to check that out as that's intriguing.

Jack Brewer at The Ufo Trail recently reported that Doty was getting more speaking engagements again, John Alexander a new book i think he said--Wow, synchronicity, I just checked out his blog to confirm my memory on the Col having a new book and there's a new article on this very topic. looks like a lot of stuff on Bigelow in it:

UFO-Pentagon Story Reflects Fundamental Problems

Jack always has some lucid thoughts and is generally extremely well-sourced. Gonna go read it now!

edit on 21-12-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Blue Shift:

Can a person even believe in something unprovable and incomprehensible?

Clearly, there are many that profess to do so. All religion is an idea, an ideology, which like a political ideology grew into a power and control system over the uneducated. Yet today, we have educated people who 'still' profess such a belief in any particular faith-based system, and as such, they beggar the rationale mind.

Atheism is simply a stance against religious ideology because there is no evidence to support such a feeble thought in the first place. Don't get me wrong, many who profess a belief in some form of divinity are good people, but their religious faith is a massive flaw in their character. Atheism is not a faith that there is no divinity, if there was evidence atheism could not be. I accept that there is a sun because it is there, every day, even when it is cloudy, but the point is, if you can't see it in the place where you are, you can go to some other location to see it and feel its warmth. You can't do that with religion, because no matter where you go...there's no evidence to support a faith or claim of divinity. Absence of evidence really is evidence of absence, and it cannot be spun in any other way.

I would be just as sceptical about UFO's if I hadn't had my own sighting back in the seventies. UFO's exist! Whatever they are is not for me to say until I can gain more evidence to that issue?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Blue Shift:

Can a person even believe in something unprovable and incomprehensible?

no evidence to support such a feeble thought in the first place.

Is that so? Tell me what research you have done into near death experiences? I assume you have exhausted the extensive field of data on this topic already to make such a statement.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1ofthe9
Oh wow! The gangs all here.
GUT, Isaac good to see you guys again. I'm glad to see I wasn't totally out there speculating a few years back.

Per the mystery material - Vallee is involved with it. I don't know his exact role, but he was talking about this in at least one interview BEFORE the NYT story.
www.dailygrail.com...

Hiya 1o9!! Good to see you too and good contribution in that article. Vallee talks about the "slag" materials--in case anyone didn't read it--so I guess that adds to the building knowledge of what's being claimed about recovered materials.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join