It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evergreen State’s student newspaper includes no-whites-allowed opinion section

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Opinion page for people of color, and only people of color. Segregation must be the ultimate goal of these knuckle heads.

‘For people of color by people of color’

The student newspaper at Evergreen State College has a section in its opinion pages described as “for people of color by people of color.”
www.thecollegefix.com...

People of color (POC) only need apply to this section in the paper. See they don't want to live under white supremacy and have to see things from a white perspective.

“This should be a place where we can be us without it being overshadowed by the dark cloud that is living under white supremacy and having to see things from a white perspective. This is why when we do cover these issues it will be in the context and from the perspective of POC and POC only,” according to the section’s editors as they reintroduced it to readers in September.

More racist banter. No white this, only brown people that.....The editor for the POC said he will ignore all emails that are not from people of color.

“Dear White people, please take a step back, this isn’t brown-people-answer-white-people’s-questions-hour, we’re asking specifically for submissions from POC,” the section’s editors added in their September intro. “As being told no seems to be a difficult concept for some of y’all I await your emails about the Irish, how the term white fragility is mean (great example of white fragility) and how we need to view people through a color-blind lens (just lol). You will 100% not get a response!!!”

I'm sure we will have a few libs here that will defend this pith.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The protests on campus garnered national attention and amid the upheaval the college was shut for multiple days in early June because of threats it received. Since the unrest, Evergreen has said it will train students not to discriminate against white people.

TIL; Schools now have to train kids to not discriminate against white folks.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Evergreen ...

At least no one can accuse them of having an oppressive name. "Green" is certainly a name of color.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Actually they are teaching "kids" that it is not only OK to discriminate against whites it is endorsed.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well it's Evergreen, one of the favored sites for the Oppression Olympics so I mean...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
That sounds kind of Racist to me, I have nothing against black people, but when a person acts like that, it irks me. The person is trying to drive a wedge between white's and blacks. In reality though, some White people who are strongly anti-black would try to target that column. White supremacists might actually go there, fire up the black readers to cause problems, then snicker because they think they just reinforced the need for the white supremacists in the country.

Often inciting civil unrest is done by the opposing party. Getting the blacks disruptive will show that they are bad..

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So a school that probably has classes teaching students about racial segregation in the 60s is pro racial segregation?

My eyes rolled so hard I saw my brain.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Do blacks still have high illiteracy problems like the did 30 years ago when I was in school? They may not have many replys with just poc.

(post by iTruthSeeker removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
That sounds like it would be racist if it was against any other race but it is against whites so it is alright.

Anyone still living in the bubble that white racism is the problem?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Sadly, there are people who feel that way who believe that everything was stolen from the person of color who discovered it first.

No white person anywhere discovered anything. We just stole it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I wonder if the SJWs can tell the difference between the WASPs (For those of you that don't know they are Wealthy White Anglo Saxon Protestants. Think of men like Alan Dulles and families of British descent who came from wealth.Their ancestors are the original settlers of the US) and other whites?

They should realize not all whites are the same and have privilege.

My criticism of minorities (at least the ones in LA, don't know about the others) is that far too many of them lump all whites in the same category when in reality whites are a diverse group of people.
edit on 12/1/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Meh.....

Like typical College/Young Person Media.

Doesn't bother me unless they start getting overtly violent with their opinions like, similar to how other radical groups on the right or left can get. They are entitled to their opinion. Disheartening if they won't allow POW (People of Whiteness) to have any voice in the paper.

I'm a POW

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Sadly, there are people who feel that way who believe that everything was stolen from the person of color who discovered it first.

No white person anywhere discovered anything. We just stole it.

Ohh geez, yea there are so many videos floating around how they invented basically everything. It seems as a whole, that they are a very easily manipulated people's. Tell them it's everyone's fault but their own, and make up any story you'd like, they will follow. As long as there are promises of wealth and good fortune. Oh and destruction for another people's.
edit on 1-12-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here is some logic for ya's.. Right now I am watching "Gangland" and they are taking about Voodoo gangs. This one guy would not confess to the police about a murder, so the mother comes in and does a "spell" and tells her son that he is now protected and that the police cannot do anything to them, and to go ahead and tell them what they want to know.

Well, thinking the spirits are protecting him now, he confesses to the murder, and guess what, they locked him up. Oops, that spell did not work. Maybe the spell required TWO parts Jenkkem not One.. /sarcasm

edit on 1-12-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: Broken L key

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My only question is why didn't they call it "The Minority Report"?
I'm sure plenty of white people will be able to still have room in the opinion section.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just what the hell do these people want? Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King fought against apartheid, segregation, and fought for equality for black folk. But now they are equal (and don't start with the minor cherry picking "oh they haven't got this and they haven't got that) they want segregation again, apartheid.
The truthful answer is they don't just want equality, they want superiority.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
This is getting a little annoying. The people who feel this way need to turn in every invention not of their own race.

Now once you've done so, and you are here as in the image above, tell me how bad things really are.

Wow!
Looks like someone never learned about George Washington Carver in school.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Very true, there are inspired people of all races that create and invent new and varied products/ideas.

I can tell you first hand of very talented engineers of all colors and ages. The silliness of pissing matches of who skin color makes the bestest things is stupid and counter productive.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: the owlbear

Very true, there are inspired people of all races that create and invent new and varied products/ideas.

I can tell you first hand of very talented engineers of all colors and ages. The silliness of pissing matches of who skin color makes the bestest things is stupid and counter productive.

So agree.
What race invented the wheel? The inclined plane? Farmed crops into their edible forms? Was the first to develop written language?

Yeah. I have a hunch that the post we are discussing was only focused on one thing. Ethnocentrism is part of the human experience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join