It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

If the Earth is flat, would the moon also be flat? And what about the sun?

If not, did something grind the top and bottom of the earth off to make it flat. They should go with the idea that some other planet dwellers came and mined much of this planet leaving it flat.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
The earth can't be flat - because it's hollow and filled with Reptiloidians who shapeshift.

Jeez guys

#Science'd

It's most likely BS but I was always a fan of the hollow earth theory. It's certainly much more imaginative than boring ole' flat earth theory.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

edit on 29-11-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

wow that is an amazing level of stupid.

The dumbing down of the world populace would seem to be coming close to completion.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I had to find that to make sure it was real. Amazing!

After reading some of the banter I've realized that I've not been gaining weight, the acceleration of the Earth has increased. Silly me. The "universal accelerator" is malfunctioning.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
If the Earth is flat, and covered by a dome, it would obviously be designed to support life, as I see it.

How are we able to fly east, around the world, and return to the same spot, again....if it's flat?

Unless we aren't always going east, maybe? Or what?

The question I have is that our oceans cover half the surface, and are perfectly flat, throughout.

Water seeks to be level, and flat, so what's different here?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Simple answer balloons wont get high enough. A good launch will get about 37 kilometres the space station orbits at 400 kilometres. And even from 400 km you can only see about 1600 km in any direction. Total of course would be 3200 km the earth would be 12874 km from one horizon to the other. So you wouldn't see more then a forth of the globe.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

There are people who are trying to convince the world that there are no facts, only opinions. The political benefit of this is obvious. The whole "flat Earth" movement, like Nibiru, Apollo denialism, anti-vaccination, and chemtrail "theories, , is part of that initiative. The phrase "useful idiots" is particularly apt.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
As for the other planets, and our moon, not being flat...

This argument goes that all the other planets and moons appear to be round, and that means Earth must also be round!!

An argument of what you have seen applies to all others, in our endless universe, just as well!!

How should anyone see all our planets, and moons, appear so perfectly round in shape, yet it's all random?

Look at all the meteors, etc. which are never round in shape...

They have random shapes.

Not at all perfectly round, unlike planets and moons..

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

There are people who are trying to convince the world that there are no facts, only opinions. The political benefit of this is obvious. The whole "flat Earth" movement, like Nibiru, Apollo denialism, anti-vaccination, and chemtrail "theories, , is part of that initiative. The phrase "useful idiots" is particularly apt.

If you doubt the government bs story, you are a "useful idiot"? s

Only idiots would ever doubt the government!!

Good one.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Erdogan :

" We can no longer afford to ignore the firmament above our heads ."

" Sound of cracking coming from our dark firmament above . "

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

There are people who are trying to convince the world that there are no facts, only opinions. The political benefit of this is obvious.

Well conglomerates are people too...

Disney buys Fox in megamerger that will shake world

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: toysforadults

I've been in planes and have seen the curvature of the Earth with my own eyes. I don't need Youtube videos to show me something that I already know.

Hello was it on a curved day ?

Because they went up 120k feet + and there was no curve..how come you saw it from a plane?

The curve is not an illusion, if its not there today you aint finding it tomorrow. So with all respect but you must have a faulty memory on this.

Now I take this opportunity to leave a message to all the negativity towards flat earth conspiracy.

If you don't find the Flat Earth topic interesting may only be due to lack of research, since it's great fun to be on both sides. You can as a hobby challenge yourself in finding proof and evidence preferably with your own experiments when it permits.

Who ever is spreading hate and ignorance :

- lack of time to research
- paid misinfo shills
- someone who got something to lose with this
- stupid and unhappy troll

In reality this interesting and fun for everyone, particularly who love science, proofing Earth is a spinning globe orbiting our sun is quiet challenging and fun.

Instead of making the Internet ugly get busy and debunk what is being said with a nice report. You will feel much better, not only you...all Earth

edit on 23-12-2017 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
After you see a picture like the following, calling people names and ignorant an stupid for researching is the dumbest thing ever, just shut up and be a spectator.

Researching how everything evolved is really interesting..mind you that for more than 500 years the Globe Heliocentric Model was accepted without any photographic evidence. Did they count for everything? Atmosphere when calculating shadows? etc ... you will discover an interesting tug of war with the Geocentric Model.

So immediately after World War 2, ex Nazi scientist formed NASA which gave us the first glimpse of how Earth looks. What if they found it's flat ? they tell you ? or they spend as much as they can, which btw is from your own and your loved ones money to make you believe it's real ?

So please tell me why on Earth you have to call people stupid for looking into this..there is enough good juice to have fun with on the internet.

Research it and just have fun gathering as much information form both sides and chill, just feel lucky there are people willing to research topic and challenge ideas and theories

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken

You do realize you have totally destroyed Flat Earth with this image you just posted, right?

All anyone needs to do is rotate the image clockwise until the Earth's edge is horizontal, and then try and draw a flat straight line across it.

Won't work. Edges on either side will be curved down.

Explain gravity.

Explain why all the other worlds in our system (most of which can be seen just fine with any telescope that one can buy or build themselves) are spherical and most can be seen rotating upon their axis.

Explain why anyone would want to keep a flat Earth a secret? For what gain?

Flat Earth Theory is a crap that makes real Conspiracy Theorists look like loons. Your "fun" is part of the problem, and why too many do not take CT'ers seriously.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

not so fast...

This can be also explained by seeing what is lit by Sun, round disc on a flat plane.

If you create this in a 3D simulation you see much bigger curve and lower horizon on a Globe at that altitude.
Also you experience lift from a globe which is not happening here.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

Explain why anyone would want to keep a flat Earth a secret? For what gain? Flat Earth Theory is a crap that makes real Conspiracy Theorists look like loons. Your "fun" is part of the problem, and why too many do not take CT'ers seriously.

Why don't you start with the curvature and Earth movement is space.

Research those and try to have fun, open minded, relax..don't be scared it's just fun exploring !
You will find unsung heroes and experiments.

If you really find your proof of curvature and Earth movement come and share it with us so we can all enjoy and maybe make..friends..why not

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

How about now?

come on guys its only questioning what started form this guy..no big deal

edit on 23-12-2017 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: heineken

polaris - demonstrated that the earth is a spheroid

the observed motions of other bodies demonstrates that the earth is moving .

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: heineken

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: toysforadults

I've been in planes and have seen the curvature of the Earth with my own eyes. I don't need Youtube videos to show me something that I already know.

Hello was it on a curved day ?

Because they went up 120k feet + and there was no curve..how come you saw it from a plane?

The curve is not an illusion, if its not there today you aint finding it tomorrow. So with all respect but you must have a faulty memory on this.

Now I take this opportunity to leave a message to all the negativity towards flat earth conspiracy.

If you don't find the Flat Earth topic interesting may only be due to lack of research, since it's great fun to be on both sides. You can as a hobby challenge yourself in finding proof and evidence preferably with your own experiments when it permits.

Who ever is spreading hate and ignorance :

- lack of time to research
- paid misinfo shills
- someone who got something to lose with this
- stupid and unhappy troll

In reality this interesting and fun for everyone, particularly who love science, proofing Earth is a spinning globe orbiting our sun is quiet challenging and fun.

Instead of making the Internet ugly get busy and debunk what is being said with a nice report. You will feel much better, not only you...all Earth

Um, you can distortion in that video from the lens.

This distortion is making the curve slightly inverted, too - hold up a ruler or drag the bottom of your browser up and you can see.

The curvature of the Earth was visible from some spy planes... for example:

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join