It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Rose's legendary TV journalism career ending in Sex scandal?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

America today has suffered a tremendous shock when a terrible new media scandal is apparently burying a legendary career of years of the highest level in research journalism for TV.

Pls check:

www.latimes.com...

For all of us that we were thinking that we have seen all after the scandals of allegations of improper behavior of Bill Clinton, Michael Jackson, Bob Barker, Bill Cosby or even Donald Trump, it has been like a bomb what today exploded in the case of Charlie Rose, who had one of the most successful careers in the American TV for decades.

What is going on in America? Are we reaching the bottom of social decadence due to an uncontrolled sexualization of all the human relationships like in the ancient Rome?

Or, are we witnessing the most cruel, cynical and antiethical way to profit at expense of famous people through other people using legal means of extortion?

Of course improper behavior of sexual harassment must be prosecuted and erradicated of the public media, but is all what right now it is said completely true?

How much are facts and how much are exaggerations or intention to defame?

The same is extremely bad, and possibly criminal, if public figures abuse of their roles to harrass others that to promote the culture of set up or gold diggers wanting to progress in life at expense of the reputation of somebody famous.

One thing is sure, anybody working with a lot of people and specially young one must check carefully anything in his or her behavior that may be misinterpreted as improper or indecent advances.

Also professionals dealing with people's attention must be careful to watch their steps while walking in crowded spaces, as well as, to don't meet at closed doors with unknown people.

This is not only a risk of Tv figures but for educators, health professionals, sport professionals even people working in customer attention.

No body is completely safe or immune of this phenomenon, since the boundaries between flirting, being warm in human communication or sexual harassment are not very well defined in legal terms.

The thread is open to discuss the causes, consequences and implications of the pandemics of lawsuits of alleged sexual misconduct or harassment.

Pls check

www.foxnews.com...

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 11/21/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Will this all give rise to the Salem Witch trials again ? Simply accusing being good enough to ruin lives ?

Nobody is safe, nobody. You don't need proof, just accusations.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

That's the door that opened when we allowed social media to pressure people and businesses like we have.

On the bright side, Charlie doesn't have to worry about any of "tests" of innocence the Salem witches had to endure.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Will this all give rise to the Salem Witch trials again ? Simply accusing being good enough to ruin lives ?

Are any of them denying these accusations? Most of them seem to be stepping down from their spots and apologizing. Would you rather not know? I for one am glad that women have stopped just accepting this behavior. Aren't you?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Having said that, made me wonder if the Media is our real taskmasters and not so much TPTB.?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Rev. Billy Grahm said it all: I don't get into elevators by myself.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Is there really any room in today's climate for someone to try to fight an accusation? Most companies can fire you merely for bringing a hint of bad reputation to them, embarrassing them.

Am I saying some or all of these accusations are false? No, but I am saying that without the proper legal process, how do we know?

We are basically no better than the people from those long ago witch trials who more or less so decided that the accused were guilty they were capable of tying them to heavy stones and throwing them into deep water to drown.

link   
a reply to: Plotus

They're a part of the machine.

link   

This isn't about me.... I think more than stepping down and apologizing, many are being coerced by their employment status.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

I have worked in high schools around young women. And being in my 20s I understood the rresponsibility and weight of my actions. I was never alone in a room with a female student and always kept my conversations with them professional. And i often had talks with teachers to confirm that I wasn't acting unprofessionally. I was friendly, but from a distance. Often removing myself from situations that may have looked unfavorable.

I've read The Crucible. I know what young women are capable of. No thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I coached softball for years and I was always sure to never be along with any girl ever.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Well, Bill Cosby has systematically denied the accusations against him all the time, without hesitation at all, as well as our current President Donald Trump, he went one step far in to deny even to have met any of their accusers ever.

This was also the case of former President Bill Clinton, he did so, and only when there was evidence that actually was intimacy he accepted that something happened, but we can not be sure who promoted it, was he who harassed Lewinsky? that is not the case at all if we believe the testimonies, She even recognized to be fell in love of him, so who seduced who?

The fact is that he ended with his political career seriously damaged, developed a heart disease in the long run but she got three million dollars of a compensation and after all she came back in 2016 to allow a political campaign to use her as a weapon against his wife.

Now, no body is really safe in our society where social roles are changing so dramatically, even if you don't meet at closed doors with people of the opposite gender: Martina Navratilova, Billy J King and even John Travolta had learnt terrible lessons from people of their same genders that they trusted to, and later accused them of misconduct.

Thanks for the participation in the thread.

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 11/21/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have also contacted PBS and let them know of my displeasure, and my ending listening to their broadcasts.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Is there really any room in today's climate for someone to try to fight an accusation? Most companies can fire you merely for bringing a hint of bad reputation to them, embarrassing them.

Am I saying some or all of these accusations are false? No, but I am saying that without the proper legal process, how do we know?

We are basically no better than the people from those long ago witch trials who more or less so decided that the accused were guilty they were capable of tying them to heavy stones and throwing them into deep water to drown.
Of course there is room to claim your innocence. If you're innocent, you should speak up. If you are guilty then you claim your guilt, right an apology letter, and take your punishment. I have seen a lot of apology letters and photos of boob grabbing, so i'm going to take their word for it that they did these things.

If you want to point out specific cases that you think are false accusations, let's talk about that. But the names of the people in the OP have all apologised and or paid off their accusers.

Our government representatives literally have a public money funded slush fund that has kept any of these accusations coming to light for, we don't know how long.

Trump seemed to speak out very vocally that his accusers were lying. He was even very honest about creepy things he had done. He didn't sneak into girls dressing rooms, he bulled right in and told everybody. People like honesty.

(Lol, i figured i'd give the anti trumpers something to point at and make threads about. )

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

I fear that the often awkward, fumbling, improvised and imperfect sex etiquette of human beings is grouped in with instances of egregious sexual assault, that the result is consent forms, chaperones, arranged marriages, and puritanical prudishness.

On the other hand, much good may come of it. Those who abuse others should fear the blowback of their actions.
edit on 21-11-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Sorry Woodcarver, but Mr Charlie Rose has recognized just only that something happened but also pointed that it was not harassment, that he was convinced it was consensual, he felt it was mutual interest, and also that the accusations are exaggerated, so his apology is not a confession at all.

For Gods sake presumption of Innocence is in the very core of the rule of law, is the very foundation of our constitution

How can TV companies that claim to represent the public opinion can put themselves in the place of judges and fire a so professional person in this way?

Without existing even a legal process against him?

No verdict at all, no indictment what so ever, and of course he has not been charged of nothing in any court!

This is not to take seriously an accusation but to show lack of deep knowledge of what is Law, it is quite embarrassing for the country, it is creating a precedent that somebody can distort anything and destroy the life of other from the night to the day, even without using legal actions.

Of course the precedent was already on the table: they practically did the same with Bill Cosby without any legal stages already consummated.

Thank,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I am aware of the shush fund and think it may be about the worst idea in the history of worst ideas.

But even if someone like Rose decides to continue with the legal process, what are the odds the media will continue to follow it? If he ends up vindicated, which matters more? The smears of today or the truth buried back behind the Classifieds?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Look ya'll, it's all very country simple yes? Listen to 'spokeswoman' Samantha Bee:

Bee had another piece of news for the men watching. “Your dick is ugly,” she said into the camera. “No one wants to see your dick, in any context. Even the straightest, horniest woman who loves you the most is hoping you can get it inside her without having to look at it.”

Yeah, right, unless it is a biggee that happens to belong to a tall, young, handsome, thick haired, wealthy director who makes them blush unashamedly. ( Unlike Weinstein )

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

Yay, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
You'll be seeing a lot of this www.msn.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join