It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoFundMe for Bicyclist who Flipped Off Trump Motorcade Raises $100,000...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You guys should be raising her up on your shoulders then, you heroes of political incorrectness.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Someone is rewarded for being a jerk. What is our country coming to. You are supposed to give some respectful to all other citizens. That is what society is about. She lost her job for being a jerk, she could have lost her job for giving a funeral progression the finger and posting it on her facebook. Our society is going down the tubes.

I do not believe as every person believes, but I do respect their right to have different beliefs with me unless they directly cause me hardship. I do not believe what this woman did was civil yet she gets rewarded for it. I will not give her the finger, I just think it is wrong that she got all that money. I hope they tax the hell out of that income, I hope she does not report it as income to the IRS and gets in trouble.

Go fund me income is actually taxable and can also cause a person to loose medicaid benefits if they are on Medicaid. I know a person who got almost fifty grand for their kids illness and it all wound up going to pay medical bills since they lost the medicaid because of it. People need to be aware of things like that, it is considered income.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
No she won't! Critical thinking, articulate, honest people are in demand by many corporations and entrepreneurs like myself. I'd hire her over a Trump supporter any day.

So, which is it--are you implying that Trump supporters aren't critically thinking, articulate, honest people, or are you just putting your discriminatory hiring practices out there for everyone to see?

link   
Not for nothing, but didn't a great many of you folks rewarded same President with the presidency, in spite of him being grabby and kinda rapey?? in fact isn't this about to be the case with Alabama Moore.
edit on 16-11-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

link   
Politicized BS. 4,000 Donors and she got over 100k? Yeah, if its the same Rob Mello, actor from liberal Hollywood, it wouldn't take long to gather a few fat cats and push the donations.

This wasn't THE PEOPLE, rather an entitled few who felt the need to push this.

Only in America you can disrespect your leader and get paid ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS. Think about that...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Well now you know who they elected to lead them right?
www.cnn.com...

Democrats in the post-2016 world have potty mouths. Swearing has become such a part of Democratic stump speeches that profane clips have become routine in Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez's speeches. With children on stage behind him, Perez told an audience in Las Vegas this weekend that Trump "doesn't give a # about health care."

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Ever heard the expression, "Respect is earned"? Because I'm sure Trump hasn't.

PS: Where was your outrage over the crowdfunding for the pizza place that didn't let gays in? Source

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Again freedom of speech/expression doesn't apply to private entities

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Trump is a jerk all the time, maybe he should lose his job? Naah, when he's a jerk y'all just praise him for being non-pc.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
If 100,000 idiots want to give her a dollar then so be it. Makes no difference to me. She will still have trouble finding employment now the rest of her life.

Doubtful that she would have trouble finding employment...as long as it's not with a government contractor.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

There was pushback for Kim Davis' situation www.salon.com...

And the point isn't that she exercised her "free speech". It's that this charity was put up to defend Juli Briskman since she is losing her job for violating company policy, not because she exercised free speech.

Technically she didn't violate anything. That one finger salute was done off company time with no company logos visible. Since her back was facing the camera, you can't immediately recognize her. Unfortuantely she was then outed by a friend on social media who recognized her. And furthermore, there are executives who have used the company social media accounts to say FAR worse things that haven't been fired. Anyone who sings the line you just did hasn't researched all the facts of the case.
edit on 16-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

A GoFundMe for the bicyclist fired for flipping off the President's motorcade has raised over $100,000

That bicyclist is now a paid shill.

Doh!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Technically she did violate her company's social media conduct policy. Everyone has one now and when you apply for a job companies go through your social media as well. Nobody wants to lose business because an idiot flips off the president.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Where was your outrage over the crowdfunding for the pizza place that didn't let gays in? Source

Refused to cater a gay wedding--there's a difference.

Furthermore, in the case in this OP AND with the Indiana pizzeria, the foundational issue is that businesses should be allowed to choose clients and fire employees for whatever reason they deem fit, but they should certainly reap the consequences of it if they do something the majority of the society deems unacceptable.

You're making a false comparison, here. You're not the only one, but since your misrepresented what the business in Indiana was doing, I felt a need to correct that.

In fact, from your own link:

Memories Pizza said they would continue to serve gay customers that came into their store.

"Continue to serve," as in they never didn't serve customers in the store, and they wouldn't stop. They just didn't want to cater a gay wedding.

link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Someone is rewarded for being a jerk. What is our country coming to.

Good question. Whey did we reward a first class jerk with the Presidency?

link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: olaru12
No she won't! Critical thinking, articulate, honest people are in demand by many corporations and entrepreneurs like myself. I'd hire her over a Trump supporter any day.

So, which is it--are you implying that Trump supporters aren't critically thinking, articulate, honest people, or are you just putting your discriminatory hiring practices out there for everyone to see?

To be honest, If I knew I had a Trump supporter on my payroll, I'd tell them to pack their Sh** and GTFO. I don't trust cultist!!

It's my business, I pay the bills, workman's comp, taxes and run it the way I damn well please.

You got a problem with that?
edit on 16-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't think its right to be fired for something you do on your own time as long as you don't hurt anyone or break the law.
How would you like it if you were doing something on your own time and your boss saw it and fired you?
Are you ok with your boss at work now being your boss even when you aren't at work ?
Maybe that's 100,000 middle fingers to trump , or maybe that's 100,000 middle fingers to companies telling people how to live because they think it will affect their profits.
They could just say that the actions of this individuals actions do not reflect the beliefs of the company and let it end there.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I enjoyed your post.

Saying that you like to hire "critical thinking, articulate and honest people" , then ending it with a facetious "bigoted comment" That's some good sarcasm and sarcasm is a dying art form. You my good ATS member, for making me smile, gets a star from me.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well you didn't build that anyway so....

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Technically she did violate her company's social media conduct policy. Everyone has one now and when you apply for a job companies go through your social media as well. Nobody wants to lose business because an idiot flips off the president.

This is the company's social media policy:

“Covered Social Media Activity that contains discriminatory, obscene malicious or threatening content, is knowingly false, create [sic] a hostile work environment, or similar inappropriate or unlawful conduct will not be tolerated and will be subject to discipline up to an [sic] including termination of employment.”

and again this:

But Briskman wasn’t wearing anything that connected her to the company when she was on her ride, nor is there anything on her personal social-media accounts — where she wordlessly posted the photo without identifying herself — to link her to the firm.

Also, she flagged this social media post from a director who wasn't fired:

As she was monitoring Facebook this summer, she found a public comment by a senior director at the company in an otherwise civil discussion by one of his employees about the Black Lives Matter movement.

“You’re a f------ Libtard a------,” the director injected, using his profile that clearly and repeatedly identifies himself as an employee of the firm.

See any problems here? Source
edit on 16-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join