It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoFundMe for Bicyclist who Flipped Off Trump Motorcade Raises $100,000...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Title of Article:

A GoFundMe for the bicyclist fired for flipping off the President's motorcade has raised over $100,000

Link

So this is what it has come to. An employee of a government contractor who was fired for violating the company's social media policy, is now to be rewarded for her actions. A donation fund was started entitled "Thank You Juli Briskman", as if she is some sort of hero.

On October 29th, Juli Briskman was photographed giving the middle finger to President Donald Trump's motorcade during a weekend bike ride in Virginia.

Briskman posted the photo on her Twitter and Facebook accounts, which was apparently a violation of her employer, Akima's social media policy.

In 10 days, this GoFundMe campaign has raised $111,000 (so far).

I am all for free speech, but the divisiveness in this country, and the lack of maturity I've witnessed on both ends of the spectrum is embarrassing to say the least. My opinion might not be a popular one. Some might consider it "old-fashioned" even, but whether you like or hate our President, or are neutral kind of like myself, I believe there should be some level of respect [and maturity]. As adults, the younger generations will watch and learn. I think a lot of us can do better.

My grandfather and my father taught me that, and reminded me of this when I would be critical of George W. Bush during the early 2000's when I would be critical of him.

There's my .02 for the day anyway.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If 100,000 idiots want to give her a dollar then so be it. Makes no difference to me. She will still have trouble finding employment now the rest of her life.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Whatever...if it's people's own private dollars, who cares.

I do feel that it's a reflection how responsible people are with their own money, though--I be many of those who donated also complain about the unaffordability of things like health insurance, or car maintenance, or cell phone coverage, or their ISP costs, or many other things that we consider necessities in America.

But, yes, let's sling money at someone for flipping off the president.

Yes...this is a sad reflection.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Thank You Juli Briskman", as if she is some sort of hero.

Yes, she is.

People nowadays don't understand freedom of expression. The law and order, Murcia, chip on shoulder crowd never will.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I think it's a sad example of the "tribalism" groupthink that has become more prominent [during and] since the election.

And I'm in full agreement that many of these individuals would likely complain about rising costs of healthcare, food, insurance, etc. Birds of a feather though

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Y'all remember that hag, Kim Davis who refused to issue marriage licenses to legally entitled gay couples? The person who actually broke laws? Yeah, where was the outrage over her crowdfunding? This lady in the OP; all she did was exercise her First Amendment right...instant outrage over her crowdfunding.

(post by RomeByFire removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You raise a good point regarding respect for POTUS. The trouble is that respect is not automatic. Respect must be earned.

A man who plays the fool while in that office, or plays the war criminal while in office, deserves no respect. He will not get my respect.

About the only POTUS who brought respect to the office in my opinion was Jimmy Carter. The rest of them deserve the bird finger. Go Julie!

Just as the Iraqi news reporter threw his shoe at George Bush as a sign of disrespect, this lady's demonstration was well deserved. It is encouraging to see so much public support for her simple statement.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Considering the Protection guaranteed by the constitution only applies to protecting you against the Fed not your boss, or the opinions of other people, I would say that quite a few people do not understand the bill of rights anymore but possibly not the people you think.

She was not a hero, all she had to do was keep her mouth shut and nothing happens to her as her name never came up till she went for her 15 mins of fame.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

There was pushback for Kim Davis' situation www.salon.com...

And the point isn't that she exercised her "free speech". It's that this charity was put up to defend Juli Briskman since she is losing her job for violating company policy, not because she exercised free speech.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Again, the focus of the OP is that a charity donation "honeypot" was created as a sympathy for someone who lost their job for violating company policy. not that she "gave our dear leader the bird".

Again, people making this a "left versus right" thing.

But but but Hillz

You were the first poster to bring up "Hillz"

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Meh.

I don't see anything wrong with it, I didn't think she should have been fired in the first place.

*shrugs*

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
If 100,000 idiots want to give her a dollar then so be it. Makes no difference to me. She will still have trouble finding employment now the rest of her life.

No she won't! Critical thinking, articulate, honest people are in demand by many corporations and entrepreneurs like myself. I'd hire her over a Trump supporter any day.

edit on 16-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Again, the focus of the OP is that a charity donation "honeypot" was created as a sympathy for someone who lost their job for violating company policy. not that she "gave our dear leader the bird".

Again, people making this a "left versus right" thing.

But but but Hillz

You were the first poster to bring up "Hillz"

Why do you care what consenting adults do with their money?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Looks like someone is triggered. I guess that's a "win" for the Democrats.

Today's politics is so gd childish. Grow up.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

dont forget when fox News had to shut down their comments section when they announced one of Obama young daughters was going to college... thats was a S&F phuck fest.

and now no one cares... but they add their 2 cents immediately after they say they don't care...

edit on Thu Nov 16 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I could care less what these adults do with their money so long as it doesn't hurt my community. But society as a whole seems to be eroding to the point of adults acting out like children. If you read my OP you would see that I said both ends of the spectrum are guilty of this.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

I was outraged over it, and I'm outraged over the fact that she's running for reelection again.

She has proven herself incapable/unwilling to put the needs of the public, per her job description, over the personal beliefs of her religion.

She needs to go, but sadly, I think that her family has a dynasty going in that area of KY, so it's probably likely that she will retain her position. That sucks for them.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Keeping it classy as always Democrats. They'll probably bring her to the DNC convention. They'll cheer as she flips double birds and goes on a profanity laced rant against President Trump.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

I donno, man...that's just your opinion. How many people are paying you for having expressed it? I doubt she is going to have much trouble getting work....but that's just my opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join