It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asgardia... Interesting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Not sure how to embed quotes sorry...

www.cnet.com...

The first 'nation in space' has officially left Earth
Asgardia, a self-declared nation, is now floating above us, drifting toward the International Space Station... and perhaps destiny.

"An odd but intriguing experiment in technology, diplomacy, governance and space exploration, among other things, has officially begun its journey.

After being delayed one day, an Orbital ATK Antares rocket carrying a cubesat named Asgardia-1 launched from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia early Sunday. The milk carton-sized satellite makes up the entirety of territory of the self-proclaimed "Space Kingdom" of Asgardia.

"Asgardia space kingdom has now established its sovereign territory in space," read an online statement.

Over 300,000 people signed up online to become "citizens" of the nation over the last year. The main privilege of citizenship so far involves the right to upload data to Asgardia-1 for safekeeping in orbit, seemingly far away from the pesky governments and laws of Earth-bound countries.

But if you really dig down into Asgardia's terms and conditions, you'll find that those privileges are still subject to earthly copyright laws -- they're set up under the laws of Austria.

As of now, Asgardia's statehood isn't acknowledged by any other actual countries or the United Nations, and it doesn't really even fit the definition of a nation since it's not possible for a human to physically live in Asgardia.

All about Asgardia

Launch of 'Space Kingdom' delayed by out-of-bounds plane
First 'space nation' set to blast off from Earth Saturday
'Asgardia,' the first nation in space, wants you!
Not yet, at least. The long-term vision for Asgardia includes human settlements in space, on the moon and perhaps even more distant colonies.

For now, though, Asgardia is a tiny satellite inside a Cygnus spacecraft set to dock with the International Space Station Tuesday morning. There, Asgardia-1 will patiently wait while Orbital ATK completes its primary mission to resupply the ISS.

After about a month, the Cygnus will detach and climb to a higher altitude where the nation-in-a-box will be deployed into orbit.

We'll see if the activation of Asgardia-1 heralds the beginning of a new era of extra-planetary citizenship, or if it slowly fades into obscurity with each trip around our planet and its nearly 200 more conventional nations."

I think its kinda cool. Not sure it'll every really take off though.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Not sure how to embed quotes sorry...

www.cnet.com...

The first 'nation in space' has officially left Earth
Asgardia, a self-declared nation, is now floating above us, drifting toward the International Space Station... and perhaps destiny.

"An odd but intriguing experiment in technology, diplomacy, governance and space exploration, among other things, has officially begun its journey.

After being delayed one day, an Orbital ATK Antares rocket carrying a cubesat named Asgardia-1 launched from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia early Sunday. The milk carton-sized satellite makes up the entirety of territory of the self-proclaimed "Space Kingdom" of Asgardia.

"Asgardia space kingdom has now established its sovereign territory in space," read an online statement.

Over 300,000 people signed up online to become "citizens" of the nation over the last year. The main privilege of citizenship so far involves the right to upload data to Asgardia-1 for safekeeping in orbit, seemingly far away from the pesky governments and laws of Earth-bound countries.

But if you really dig down into Asgardia's terms and conditions, you'll find that those privileges are still subject to earthly copyright laws -- they're set up under the laws of Austria.

As of now, Asgardia's statehood isn't acknowledged by any other actual countries or the United Nations, and it doesn't really even fit the definition of a nation since it's not possible for a human to physically live in Asgardia.

All about Asgardia

Launch of 'Space Kingdom' delayed by out-of-bounds plane
First 'space nation' set to blast off from Earth Saturday
'Asgardia,' the first nation in space, wants you!
Not yet, at least. The long-term vision for Asgardia includes human settlements in space, on the moon and perhaps even more distant colonies.

For now, though, Asgardia is a tiny satellite inside a Cygnus spacecraft set to dock with the International Space Station Tuesday morning. There, Asgardia-1 will patiently wait while Orbital ATK completes its primary mission to resupply the ISS.

After about a month, the Cygnus will detach and climb to a higher altitude where the nation-in-a-box will be deployed into orbit.

We'll see if the activation of Asgardia-1 heralds the beginning of a new era of extra-planetary citizenship, or if it slowly fades into obscurity with each trip around our planet and its nearly 200 more conventional nations."

That is very interesting.

I wonder how taxes they will have to pay, if any?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Pun intended

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's a box. A small box.
Seems the same could be done without leaving Earth's surface.

I declare my hard drive a sovereign nation.

edit on 11/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

I want to believe.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
It's a box. A small box.

Might it be a quantum computer?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Zoidberg wants to know what's in the box.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I got DENIED when I tried to join...(ZIONIST scum,HE,he)....the head honcho wasn't JUST taking bodies ,HE ONLY wants those that fit in to HIS ideals ,YA'LL have fun with THAT one..

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I got DENIED when I tried to join...(ZIONIST scum,HE,he)....the head honcho wasn't JUST taking bodies ,HE ONLY wants those that fit in to HIS ideals ,YA'LL have fun with THAT one..

Why did you get denied? Are you black? jewish? do you not believe the third reich will rein supreme? [sarcasm]

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
One of our own ATS members is one of the founding fathers of Asgardia.

Swanne talks about working on the constitution and other aspects of Asgardia.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-11-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
That's prety cool, and exciting IMO anwyays (Yes I signed up to be a citizen of Asgardia last year)

-Alee

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It's a box. A small box.

I'm afraid I have to agree. This is about as legit as Jill Stein's recount.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

It's not clear to me when Asgard's will be ready for its human inhabitants...?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I am a citizen of Asgardia already

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: crappiekat

It's not clear to me when Asgard's will be ready for its human inhabitants...?

Probably never. Who is gonna pay for you to live in space?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Do you have to have a passport to get into and out of Asgardia and do they have a pool?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Pun intended
Haha, I know. Nice

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It's a box. A small box.

The big difference would be no nation owns space though right?
Money exchanges may work like the guy had going with the oil platform that one time until they got him

I wonder if their "nation" falls on my house who pays

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

My skills as a soldier /artist aren't needed and my impairments are too much according to the creator of the idea I am NOT what is needed.
I said I understand, and left the politician alone.
SOME inclusive group...

It SURE looks like ZION to me

ober 21, 2016 ·
Hi guys. The Asgardia web page has been updated, and apparently there will be 12 ministries. According to the classical political theory, ministries represent executive power. Now, the same theory mentions two other powers, which must be separated from the executive: the judiciary and the legislature. There is no word yet about the latter two. What is your opinion on the judiciary? What about the legislature? Should it consist of an elected Parliament(the classical way), or should it consist of a sort of an e-democracy -people being involved in the decision process all the time, via the Internet?.
edit on 13-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join