It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You're a Fan of Someone that Turns out to be an Abuser.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Actions. They speak so much louder than words do.
edit on 10-11-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Antoher one bites the dust, always was a big fan of louis, now not so much.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I think it is fine that Kevin Spacey is not involved in House of Cards anymore, but if Netflix took down the entire show, that would be crazy. Not that I watch House of Cards, I was just using it as an example...

I hear they are going to replace him With Christopher Plummer. Who? He's a prolific actor for decades. He starred in The Sound of Music back in the Mesozoic era. If you're a Trekkie he was Shakespeare spouting General Chang in The Undiscovered Country. His portfolio is HUGE.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I am up to my neck in a snow drift what with all you snow flakes on here. I could almost guarantee you that 99% of posters on this thread had sometime in the past been in a position that could be strewed as sexual assault, if the girl you were with was so whiched to call it.
So you're not going to watch a film because X is in it or Y because, let's make this clear, they have been accused of an offence. Not been tried and found guilty, just accused.
By the same token you will not watch ANY documentaries with Hitler, Saddam Hussain or any other murderous dictators.
Just dismount off your high horses lest someone comes and kicks you off.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

How is this even related to the thread? You do know there are pictures of Weinstein with Trump too?
edit on 10-11-2017 by Regnor because: missed an "is"

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Why are you going there? This isn't about politics.

I thought it was about abusers...and whether to appreciate them after their hypocrisy has been exposed.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

A fan, orfanatic, sometimes also termed afficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something or somebody, such as a band, a sports team, a genre, a book, a movie or an entertainer.

Merriam-Webster, the Oxford dictionary, and other sources define "fan" as a shortened version of the word fanatic.

I would like to suggest people don't become fanatic in the first place about any person. These People are strangers, we don't know anything about them that is not produced for us to believe. Probably the majority of these people are not good People, we all know power and money and fame tends to corrupt.
Enjoy the movie without concern over the actor either way since they are unknowable if people could just see that.

It is a type of worship, certainly, any Christian should care about that.

It comes from the Modern Latin fanaticus, meaning "insanely but divinely inspired". The word originally pertained to a temple or sacred place [Latin fanum, poetic English fane].

en.wikipedia.org...(person)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Actors and actresses always were horrible, untrustworthy people. Think about it they made their profession out of pretending to be and feel like someone else. They're always people craving for attention and admiration.

The only one I like is Brad Pitt, at least he is relatively honest (for an actor) about his drugs and alcohol consumption.
Or Johnny Depp, never pretended to be not an egocentric a$$.
You can be fan of someone's work, but if you believe or ever believed they're good people you're a fool.

link   
In no way am I condoning such behavior, but consider that these people spend how much of their time being someone else?

How do they tell the difference between reality, and their character.

Hollywood reminds me of a giant psych ward at a hospital of crazy people.

It goes without saying that crazy people do.... crazy things.

Either way, I'm sure their mental health is rather damaged. Show me someone today that is "mentally healthy", and I'll show you someone with a deep-rooted psych problem.

link   
I've never really paid much mind to the off screen lives of actors - and I don't plan on starting now. If I did I would probably never watch any movies at all. I mean, the fact that Hollywood is chock-full of some of the worst humans walking the earth isn't exactly a new revelation.

Just the other day I was taking a lot of flak from some people for admitting that I'm actually less inclined to see 'All the Money in the World' now that Kevin Spacey has been cut from the film. It's not that I'm a pedo supporter or anything, I just think it would have been a better film had they kept Spacey in it. And I don't plan on lying to myself about how I feel just so I can get along in society. It's too exhausting.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Jefferton

The reviews for JC3 are terrible. Also, there is apparently a scene involving sexual abuse. You would think a director involved in an abuse scandal would know better.

I have seen it on Netflix, there was no such scene maybe it was removed.
As far as gore and killing and evil goes it was as-as good as the others in my opinion. If I were a better person I would not watch any of them.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor

How is this even related to the thread? You do know there are pictures of Weinstein with Trump too?

Didn’t take the Egocentrics long to screw yet another quality thread with USA partisan political crap...

Sad losers... get a life

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

If I could give you more than one star I would

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Jesus will forgive them for their sins.

He will if the person has faith, stops committing the sin and is clearly sorry for their prior behavior.
As he told the prostitute, but Luke 17:2
It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble.

He says that he will avenge the wrongs, we don't need to worry about that.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Glad to hear that it wasn't in the movie. Curious, did you watch in on SYFY? If so, that version is only 1hr25mins while the theatrical version is 1hr40mins.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Glad to hear that it wasn't in the movie. Curious, did you watch in on SYFY? If so, that version is only 1hr25mins while the theatrical version is 1hr40mins.

Disc shipped from Net-flex.

Ok found this

The scene, which was featured in screener copies of the film sent in advance to critics, has subsequently been removed from the version of the film publicly screened and released on DVD. Despite the change, and the fact that Victor Salva's name does not appear on press releases for the film mailed to journalists by its distributor, observers have condemned the scene and Salva's continued employment in the industry.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 10-11-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Kevin Spacey coming out was like Jodie Foster coming out.
It was like, "Yeah, we know". The 14 year old boy thing...very disconcerting.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Louis CK. So, he takes off his clothes and punches the clown in front of a couple of women? Nowhere did I see that he set a chair in front of the door before clown punching or blocked the huddled girls' escape by any means. Or if they said "I think we'll be leaving now". Don't know about the other allegations, but...what I have read so far is really a stretch. In bad taste, yes. But I had a friend with a former college and then pro football player who would shower, come out to the living room, in just a towel and knock that clown into next week regardless of who was in the room.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
For me, I'm not a "fan". Period. I don't watch movies, etc. because a particular person is starring in it but because the movie itself looks good. In fact, I have a hard time remembering the names of movie stars or putting faces to a name. So, if a movie I'm watching is starring someone accused of being a pedophile or a sexual assaulter, then it really doesn't matter to me because I don't know who they are!

I once had a 30 minute conversation with Hulk Hogan in the airport and didn't even know it until my husband at the time who watched the whole thing asked me if I knew who I was talking to.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Whew, glad to know I'm not totally crazy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join