It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia dont become like NTH KOREA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Pretty sad state of affairs here, we have some 600 refugees refusing to leave a detention centre on Manus island, they are scared to leave as the locals are pretty much against them being there, they are afraid for their safety.(Not the locals the refugees)

Instead of being relocated these 600 men have decided its far safer to stay, well at least until the Papua new Guinea military open fire on them (yes wouldn't be the first time), these men are living in really awful place, no running water, no food, no electricity, many of them are really unwell.

The conditions they have to survive are reminiscent of what we expect from Nth Korea, amazing that in this day and age we can just let people suffer like this with impunity. Some 4 and a half years they have peacefully existed there on the hope of making it here to Australia to hopefully have a better life.

Granted many of these refugees just die in the ocean, in some cases with help from the navy, in other cases because of lack of help, regardless there is a humanitarian crisis and we the human race should get our # together and help stop the suffering.

I often hear people go on about Nth Korea and what a shambles of a place that is, well I'm not sure that we are any better, we treat people just as badly as that awful regime does.

The Daily Telegraph has obtained exclusive footage of conditions inside the Manus Island Detention Centre as around 600 refugees and asylum seekers refuse to relocate.

The men remaining in the centre are surviving in squalid conditions, without water or electricity, more than a week after the compound closed

At some point or another we the people need to step out from the bubbles we live in and realize we are all people, people of the earth.

I am truly disgusted at our government, all governments in fact, the people running the show are a disgrace.
source
There is a vid at the source for those interested.
edit on 10-11-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
From your own source it says they have been offered accommodation in other facilitys but they refuse to leave untill they are relocated to a third country (I guess Australia).

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
While I agree it's pretty crap, these people have been offered an alternative. Even before they have got to Australia these people are attempting to dictate terms.

They want to get to Australia and (let's be honest) Australia does not want them. They can always go home, or try to settle in a another country that will take them, albeit without all the riches and benefits that Australia will provide.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
From your own source it says they have been offered accommodation in other facilitys but they refuse to leave untill they are relocated to a third country (I guess Australia).

Yes they have been offered alternate accommodation, they are staying because the third world conditions they are currently in are better than where they are being relocated to.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Some have gone home, some have been relocated to the U.S., some have died.

I was under the impression we here in Australia were better than Nth Korea, turns out I was wrong. We just look better on paper.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So we should just accept queue jumpers who have bypassed many safe havens because they decide that to pay people smugglers and throw away their papers will give them a free pass to the land of milk and honey ?

The government says no.

Rightly so. Legitimate refugees take the nearest safe haven.

They have options, including newer better facilities down the road or even an offer to relocate to the US.

We need no more precedents be dictated to us.

Use the existing systems for immigration or try elsewhere.
edit on 10-11-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I'm partially in agreement with you, I draw the line at just letting them suffer though.

Have we really reached a point where we are just as bad as Nth Korea ?

I'm sure they use the same logic as in "these are our laws if you break them, suffer biatch" its all good to denigrate them and say what an awful place....how is it then we are any better here ?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I was under the impression we here in Australia were better than Nth Korea, turns out I was wrong.

That is a silly comparison. Australia is nothing like North Korea. For a start no one wants to emigrate the North, so they do not have a problem with immigrants. We do know that people caught trying to leave the North are brutally treated.

Australia has a process of trying to manage the large numbers of migrants and legitimate asylum seekers. If migrants don't like this process, then they should not try to migrate. It is interesting that some European nations are considering the Australian model for dealing with the large numbers of migrants from North Africa and the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

they are staying because the third world conditions they are currently in are better than where they are being relocated to.

So do you have pictures of where they are being relocated to in Australia?

I was under the impression we here in Australia were better than Nth Korea

Well Kim Jong-Un doesn't listen to others, whereas Canberra listens to Washington and tows the line, remember a few months ago when Bishop started ranting after the US said Australia should take a more active role in the seas around China?

"South China Sea: Former CIA director David Petraeus says Australia must 'be firm' with China"

www.abc.net.au...

Retired US General and former director of the CIA David Petraeus says Australia needs to "be firm" with China, urging the nation to take part in freedom of navigation exercises in the South China Sea.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Don't feel sorry for violent dictatorial would be illegal immigrants without papers.

We now live in a world where terrorism is rampant.

We can not afford an open door policy.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

where we are just as bad as Nth Korea ?

Have you been to North Korea or are you just reciting someones else;s flavour of propaganda. Until you know whats going on inside North Korea from 1st hand experience, you may as well say that the conditions on Manus Island are just as bad as Antarctica.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

This post.

There is due process, and the right channels to take, and they know it, but still want to run the gauntlet.

Considering drowning at sea was an acceptable risk, I don’t see why they’re up in arms about possibly starving to death instead...

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I do not know of the veracity of the pictiures I saw of the alternate facilities on offer via the news on 7 this evening ... but they looked way better than the filthy place ( caused and not cleaned by these people ) they are directing attention towards.

Self inflicted filth designed to garner international sympathy.

Australia is a big country yes.

The fact is that at this time, much of it is unihabitable.

We have limited infrastructure and a small population.
We need checks and balances. It seems tough but we have largely curtailed people smuggling which is a good thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I'm partially in agreement with you, I draw the line at just letting them suffer though.

High probability of dying just to jump the queue, but that is the choice they made though..

We have plenty of Australians that can’t/won’t take responsibility for their own actions already!

edit on 10/11/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Don't feel sorry for violent dictatorial would be illegal immigrants without papers.

We now live in a world where terrorism is rampant.

We can not afford an open door policy.

A friend of mine just came back from Greece, its cheap if you are looking for a holiday, 800 bux return airfare, 40 a night accommodation, 2-3 a meal, she stayed a month, when I queried her about the immigrants and how safe she felt, I was surprised, she felt very safe, the whole time in fact, although she did one night venture to an unruly part of town and left quickly but hey that is the same anywhere in the world.

Terrorism is not nearly as bad as its made out to be, maybe you are falling for the bull# about Europe being taken over, and as far as the U.S is concerned its not the immigrants there that are dangerous.

Point being these people have peacefully existed there for over 4 years without committing acts of terrorism, what makes you think they will become terrorists if we let them in here to oz ?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

where we are just as bad as Nth Korea ?

Have you been to North Korea or are you just reciting someones else;s flavour of propaganda. Until you know whats going on inside North Korea from 1st hand experience, you may as well say that the conditions on Manus Island are just as bad as Antarctica.

Have you been there ?

Do you have knowledge the rest of us do not , if so please share...

They have been offered alternate accommodation elsewhere on the island, not in Australia.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

High probability of dying just to jump the queue, but that is the choice they made though..

We have plenty of Australians that can’t/won’t take responsibility for their own actions already!

lets face it many of them do die on the way here, the ones that don't end up there.

Just curious, just because many Aussies are lazy dole bludging twats, what makes you think these refugees wont come here and work hard and make a positive difference ?

ETA...They are not jumping the queue, they have no hope of immigrating here legally, we have the strictest immigration laws on the planet, they are simply looking for a better life.
edit on 10-11-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Don’t think I ever said they wouldn’t.

Would work for less too, no doubt.

We have a reasonably well structured immigration system already, generally you need to show that you can contribute, and the queue jumpers ruin it for the ones doing the right thing.

A lot come here as professionals to fill positions that Australians can’t fill, like doctors for example.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Greece is struggling with the value of its dollar whilst the once wealthy are now the entitled.
Of course it is cheap !

Have you not seen signs of terrorism in Sydney (lindt cafe) and Melbourne ( moron in commodore ploughing through a pedestrian mall ) .

Alahu Akbar being the common cry !

Good thing we have good intel and have thwarted many plans to cause us grief.

Let's see if Greece will take them ... I think you can count out Sweden ...

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I do agree with your post, its not ideal, I'm just not a fan of letting them suffer, surely there is a better way...

I'm not saying I know what that is, I'm just not a big fan of letting them die miserably, I think we can do better than that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join