It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia dont become like NTH KOREA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Nah! You're alright mate. Just sticking up for what you believe. No need to explain.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

To enhance the living standards in third world countries I would imagine to be a delicate balance act, can't have them develop too far so as to compete on a global scale ,yet keep the people just happy enough so as not to revolt and or need to flee.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The living standards for those with coin ...

Mutto Bon !!

I learned plenty on my visit to Rio ...

edit on 10-11-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I have to admit I find it thoroughly electrifying to see the wave of countries rejecting Soros funded, hostile, unwanted migration into western societies. Australia, Myanmar, Hungary, Poland and other Eastern European states are leading the way in protecting our countries from invaders. How I wish my country would take a leaf out of their books.

That you would try to equate Australia to North Korea sums up to me at least, how ridiculous the left is. North Korea are your ideological bedfellows.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Sounds like we have one hell of a Nile Delta Force vs. Mick Dundee action movie to write together. Hollywood will be tripping over themselves to shoot it.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

What is their reason for coming all this way to Australia? Why not another country on their route? What is wrong with all the other countries along the way? Why not accept a free ticket back to their country of origin? Why not apply for Australian citizenship legally?

People have always been travailing all over the planet in all kinds of ways for a long time. I respect self determination and ones right to make their own decisions. The law a diffusion is a part of it on the global scale, like pollen blown in the wind or pouring salt into a glass of water, things goes everywhere. On a generational level is helps keep the DNA fresh.

If illegal immigration is the real issue then the return on investment for the boat people does not add up compared to all the airplane people. But as long as these people are still contributing to society in some way it does not appear to be a big issue.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

As an Aussie, and invested over the last 20 years in the detention issue...

the 'alternative' accommodation is equivalent of saying...

...NSFW...
[snipped]

Pretty much your options when stuck in Papua.

But hey, IF they did get to Australia...still nothing like NK.

edit on Fri Nov 10 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: vulgarity removed

(post by sunkuong removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

People have always been travailing all over the planet in all kinds of ways for a long time.

Yes with their families .

On a generational level is helps keep the DNA fresh.

25 million people in Australia how much freshness do you need .

If illegal immigration is the real issue then the return on investment for the boat people does not add up compared to all the airplane people.

What the hell does that mean .

But as long as these people are still contributing to society in some way it does not appear to be a big issue.

Estimated 120-180 so called Aussies have gone to fight for isis and many more caught leaving or in the throes of planning attacks here in OZ . Sorry but we dont need to take the risk . Ten year ago Australia had nada , zilch , zero . terrorists . Do the math .

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: Br34kingp01nt

You literally signed up, welcomed yourself to ATS, and this is your...first?... contribution.

I wasn't aware that in order to participate in a discussion one had to have an account for long enough to satisfy you? Or that signing up and participating was subject to your approval?

Soros should pay me to troll you full time.

You couldn't "troll" me even if you tried.

Not for leftist ideology, just for the laughs.

Leftist ideology is a laugh to anyone with a brain and a basic knowledge of history.

Unwanted migration to western societies? You mean, like the last few hundred years of colonisation. By Westerners.

When rapefugees and gimmegrants start building railways, schools, hospitals, revolutionising economies, delivering access to markets labourers in our countries would never have had access to before colonisation, or the protection and support of a large international family, then you can equate the two.

When rapefugees and gimmegrants turn warring tribal states into some of the most dynamic and important global economies on earth, like India, Brazil, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, bringing with them levels of sophistication otherwise unknown to the people there, then you can equate the two.

Until then...nope

Good God, give me the strength to be generous in my responses.

You really think you are some sort of intellectual and political powerhouse, right? Melt.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

a reply to: kamatty

As an Aussie, and invested over the last 20 years in the detention issue...

the 'alternative' accommodation is equivalent of saying...

...NSFW...

You can b f**ked in the A$$ or you can be f**ked in th F**e.

Pretty much your options when stuck in Papua.

But hey, IF they did get to Australia...still nothing like NK.

And that's the price you pay for breaking Australian immigration law. Why should these invaders get a free pass whilst thousands of hard working, well meaning people follow the letter of the law, work their fingers to the bone and usually spend thousands of dollars to prove themselves worthy of the right to live and work in Australia LEGALLY?

Why is it that the left is always in a hurry to defend the lowest common denominator?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Are you equally as frustrated that Chinese millionaires are buying up real estate without living here, as investments, while the 'hard working' natives are struggling to find jobs and meet living expense before being able to apply for a first home buying grant?

I know I am.

But f**k those illegal immigrants. On Boats.

Meanwhile, without naming names, I know a few dozen people who came over legally on a plane and a Visa, and are still here years after their Visa Expired. Not all of them White, nor Western. But mostly American. Mostly.

PS, Oh Yeah...how many people do you know who are showing their finger bones because of work. The public health system n Australia ain't that bad. Sound Endemic.

Probably Fake news, but it's My Fake news.

edit on 10-11-2017 by sunkuong because: Clarification of a point

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

Yes thanks for bringing that up, why is there no outrage, to add injury to insult many houses that are bought by foreign investors are not even lived in, not rented just left as an asset for long term gains, forcing up prices for locals.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Meanwhile, without naming names, I know a few dozen people who came over legally on a plane and a Visa, and are still here years after their Visa Expired.

And you haven't reported them for what reason . Que jumpers / illegal immigrant its all the same . Send em home . Looking forward to your excuse .

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Nope. Because I believe in freedom. The freedom to spend your money on whatever (legal) you want.

Some Chinese billionaire does far less damage to the hard working natives chance of success, than someone fresh off a boat willing to work for a fraction of the market rate. As seen when Poland joined the EU and flooded the UK market. I know people who hanged themselves because they didn't know how they were going to feed their families and pay their mortgages when they were priced out by people who couldn't even speak English and often turned up stinking of booze and/or drunk.

Not that trivial little things like this worry the latte swilling middle class denizens of the far left. Migrants aren't likely to take your spot in Starbucks.

Ironic that you should mention housing.
edit on 10-11-2017 by Br34kingp01nt because: Fixing my cack-handed grammar

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Yes thanks for bringing that up, why is there no outrage, to add injury to insult many houses that are bought by foreign investors are not even lived in, not rented just left as an asset for long term gains, forcing up prices for locals.

Pretty sure legislation is being pushed through parliament on that matter but dont quote me .

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

How much money is Australia spending keeping the Navy running around on patrolling the waters for boat people? Or on Manis island? How much GDP is lost due to a reduced population when we turn people away? How much is spent fixing up the impacts of indefinite detention, rather than trying than get them up to speed with Australian culture and living independently and constructively? How much lost potential is there to the future of the nation when we would rather watch people drown instead of giving them and Australia a deeper and richer life?

Australia is a big country, land is not an issue if you are looking for some where to sleep. Having the Infrastructure and civility to support a good quality of life is.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

How much money is Australia spending keeping the Navy running around on patrolling the waters for boat people?

Oddly enough since the liberal governments stance on illegal immigrants the flood of boats has all but stopped . Go figure , Australia is no longer the place that accepts cue jumpers . Big coastline and it needs to be patrolled , name a country that doesnt .

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

How much money is Australia spending keeping the Navy running around on patrolling the waters for boat people?

Oddly enough since the liberal governments stance on illegal immigrants the flood of boats has all but stopped . Go figure , Australia is no longer the place that accepts cue jumpers . Big coastline and it needs to be patrolled , name a country that doesnt .

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, according to the government of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

But hey ho, at least we have an Aircraftless Carrier to make it look like we can still defend ourselves.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Pretty sure your looking at your borders and the seas that surround it . Illegal fishing anyone .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join