It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change of Ad policy for members?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Anyone else ever wonder if the decline is purposeful?

link   
What is the worth to any advertisers anyway I will never click on an add does anyone ever?

link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10
I am getting the ad on the bottom of the page as well, on mobile....very annoying as it blocks half my screen

Yeah especially on the mobiles where you already have 0 lot realestate available.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The damn things pop-up right in the bottom right corner, you know, where you scroll with your thumb.

Sneaky bastards.

It really has become quite the nuisance in the 20mim I've been on ATS today. Not too sure I'll visit as often ifn I have to close a pop-up every page.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
For only $2.99 a month you can be an ATS Tinfoil Member and avoid all Ads.

To upgrade click HERE

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
One pop-up on the top page, nothing came up after a second hit on the top-page.

Besides from that I get no poop-ups whatsoever and even whitelisted ATS in my adblock. Run CCleaner or simply try an oldschool desktop device with VPN?

Luxury problems...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Same here since today and only on ATS on my phone...

Urghhhh...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Anyone else ever wonder if the decline is purposeful?

I can't see it as purposeful to be honest? If it was purposeful, I think it would be more of a rapid change and a more active role in destroying the experience.

I also think part of the decline that many refer too, is also related to the ATS community itself.

While its not a bad thing to have more awareness and skepticism when it comes extraordinary subjects. it certainly doesn't make it as fun. Most threads that deal with the extraordinary subjects are often destroyed within the first 10 replies. LOL,

Maybe we need a Phage ,Zap and Bedlam restriction where they can't intervene till one day after the OP is created.

However, I do think their are some things the ATS owners are a bit harsh on that they could relax on but some of those things I can also understand due to legality issues. However, other things I can see as way to silence the members , but that is their right since its a private site and nobody is forcing us to be here.

However, from some of the SO posts I have seen from time to time, It does come across to me that he is some what fed up with the ATS communities at time. Whether is true or not I cant really say, but that is what some of his posts have come across to me as.

So I think everyone has a little part on the blame, from the top down.

In regards to the ads, its a BS situation for both the consumers and content providers. Especially for sites such as ATS where a member can be both.

edit on 351130America/ChicagoWed, 08 Nov 2017 14:35:34 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I am on my desktop, so I logged in on my phone.... no ads.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I see one ad on the front page, small bottom right corner, has a convenient little x, click, poof, gone. No ads anywhere else here.

Small price for admission.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
I see one ad on the front page, small bottom right corner, has a convenient little x, click, poof, gone. No ads anywhere else here.

Poof Gone temporarily, a minute later poof I'm back Beaches!! Atleast on my device.
edit on 281130America/ChicagoWed, 08 Nov 2017 14:28:43 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Poof Gone temporarily, a minute later poof I'm back Beaches!! Atleast on my device.

Mine, too.

I'll just avoid using ATS on my mobile.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
What is the worth to any advertisers anyway I will never click on an add does anyone ever?

it appears that its cheap enough for the advertisers that out of the billion hits, someone might bite.

From my own experience on being on the Internet before their was an Internet, I have never clicked on an ad to purchase anything. Apparently people do.

edit on 361130America/ChicagoWed, 08 Nov 2017 14:36:38 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'm on an android phone, chrome browser. FYI.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I'm on an android phone, chrome browser. FYI.

me 2

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

it appears that its cheap enough for the advertisers that out of the billion hits, someone might bite.

From my own experience on being on the Internet before their was an Internet, I have never clicked on an ad to purchase anything.

I clicked on an ad for tools once. After that, I started getting ads about dating Russian and Asian women. Then men's clothing. I verbally bitched about this to a friend, then the ads changed properly to women's clothing.
Someone listened......

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I get the same issue.

Since I originally posted about the desktop version this morning, the only place I have the ads is mobile...on every single page - even if I refresh the current page the ad pops back up.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil Ahhh you sneeky person you. Well so far your add is the only one I have clicked on. Maybe you have could be due for a career change

How do I add a photo on Windows 10 mobile? Every time I hit the photo button I get a blank add like thing in the top left and the only thing on it is a exit option.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

From my own experience on being on the Internet before their was an Internet, I have never clicked on an ad to purchase anything.

I clicked on an ad for tools once. After that, I started getting ads about dating Russian and Asian women. Then men's clothing. I verbally bitched about this to a friend, then the ads changed properly to women's clothing.
Someone listened......

UHM , so what has my wife been saying that now I get these ads about growing my

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Im getting them too, bottom right corner on every page i go to. Most annoying popups ever!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join