It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump administration has begun detaining US citizens indefinitely and without trial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I speak only for myself.

Some crazy and wrong # is happening all around the world. And i'm against it all.

I refuse however to take part in a wich hunt to try to stick and blame everything on the one guy i don't like.

I've past kindergarten.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Woodcarver

So are any Trump supporters going to call this out as wrong or just carry one talking about "ohhhh but Obama...."?
The patriot act clearly allows for this.

So you are supporting the Patriot Act now?
There are parts of it that i am willing to accept. Like if someone from a terrorist group sneaks in and becomes a US citizen and then leaves here to go be back with them. I would consider that person a spy and a traitor.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Surely people didn't think with Trump becoming the president that the Patriot Act and NDAA would just stop existing, right?

Right?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The US claims he went to join ISIS but so far hasn't charged him with a crime. His name is being kept secret

So you not even know who is the guy or what he was doing in Iraq. But you made a thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So are any Trump supporters going to call this out as wrong or just carry one talking about "ohhhh but Obama...."?

There you go again blaming "people".

But ...

Trump !!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

You don't get it, the manual clearly states: Never pas an opportunity to blame something on Trump!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

Something interesting I've noticed is that everything involving the military is now labeled as "trump". Yet when Obama was president it was always "US military did this...or US government did that...". It seems when a Republican is president all issues are labeled as being due to Trump, when Democrats in that changes.

I think you are half right. Yes, Trump is blamed as if it is he who is doing all these things, as if he has every word from his mouth being immediately acted upon by his team. In reality this is not the case. You are correct, and it is foolish to blame him in these cases.
However, and may you did not notice though many of us did, that all the stuff that was and still is put on Obama, was not Obama but the establishment in action, just like it still is with Trump. Obama took the heat.

Bush likewise. He took the heat but it was the structure of American outreach. Bush did not have the brains to orchestrate in such manner and neither did Obama or Trump. I't s the system working with just different paint jobs that we are exposed to.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I would need to know the exact circumstances. Obviously an American citizen in Iraq is unusual. You trying to blame Trump or his supporters just shows you don't actually care about anything other than doing damage to him.
edit on 4-11-2017 by HeadCrunchMcRockGroin because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But ...

Trump !!

I'm sure if you Google hard enough you'll be able to tie Hillary in with this.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But ...

Trump !!

I am not blaming anybody.

All I am saying is that if we are going to call out pervious presidents for this we should call out Trump to.

This is wrong and its unconstitutional, just like when Obama and Bush does it so it should receive the same level of ridicule.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

If Obama took the heat against his will he should have spoken up or resigned.

Instead of signing the act that allows government propaganda.

Wake up!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

The patriot act clearly allows for this.

And patriot act 2

Should have been honestly and aptly named "The Anti-Patriot Exploit"
edit on pm1130pmSat, 04 Nov 2017 12:51:16 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Fair enough.. But then don't call out Trump, call out the SYSTEM!

( And while doing that.. you have to realise the system is in place for decades, Trump is only a fraction of that time in office)

I have not (yet) see him sign any of those ridiculous anti civilian stuff into existence as we have seen in the past.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Fair enough.. But then don't call out Trump, call out the SYSTEM!

I called Bush out for it.

I called Obama out for it.

I am consistent in my politics.

So I am calling Trump out for it.

This kind of thing has to stop.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
went to join isis....

hang em

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

If Obama took the heat against his will he should have spoken up or resigned.

Instead of signing the act that allows government propaganda.

Wake up!

No, you wake up first.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

We agree on that!

link   

Ok, i'm willing to do that, i wake up first.. but do tell me From what?

And now i've gone first.. will you follow?
edit on 4-11-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
went to join isis....

hang em

So the concept of innocent until proven guilty means nothing?

Look how many people where held in Gt'mo without ever facing any charges

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Even if true...

Who made that possible by law ?

Bush and Obama !

Bush and Obama did by law? No. Youre sadly misinformed. Not even Bush Senior who once headed the C.I.A. No..not them. We've been doing this for years and years. We have historically, indefinitely detained under laws so buried they are under combatants and articles of war and terrorists. C.I.A. prisons, secret holding areas...you cant blame the last 25 years...it goes back farther. Waaay farther.

As well? We do that to our own...lawfull or not. Check the history books. And we are not going to hear about them...the surface laws we have matter if its public and in the news where the attention these would garner who cause an outcry.

As far as holding without charge...people are either too young or just think these are recent detainments and "they can't do that!". They can, and do...and how many and when or what for? We'll never know. We've been detaining and moving people around for years. This is not new.

And these folks are not read rights or charges indefinitely. In some cases...they can and do use obscure means to detain. Laws-sh-maws.

Maybe its an age thing? If you guys are saying Obama and other recent Prez's...man, you need to look into it. They arent even close to which administrations have done or known about this. Way farther back than the Patriot Act and others....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join