It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump administration has begun detaining US citizens indefinitely and without trial

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

So if we claim they went to join ISIS that's carte blanche to hold them without charge, proof, representation, or trial?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I think it is pretty easy to prove, one way or the other, beyond a reasonable doubt, whether someone has gone to join ISIS. They don't tend to be shy about it do they?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

One of the main causes with people joining groups such as ISIS/Daesh: Is that people are drawn to such groups, because of global warming and desertification of there homelands.

edit on 4-11-2017 by Erno86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

One of the main causes of people joining groups such as ISIS/Daesh: Is that people are drawn to such groups, because of global warming and desertification of there homelands.

Or because they love the idea of rape and murder on a biblical scale.
Kill them all, the world isn't big enough to share it with this type.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I think it is pretty easy to prove, one way or the other, beyond a reasonable doubt, whether someone has gone to join ISIS. They don't tend to be shy about it do they?

Proof comes about from a trial though. When you detain without charge, no proof is ever required.

Edit: If it's self evident, then a charge and preliminary evidence to justify a trial and sentencing should be trivial.
edit on 4-11-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

whats up with the support of ISIS and muslim extremism?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Just look at the growing rise of the Daesh in Africa --- Doesn't that tell you something? I mean...in relation to global warming and desertification.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Proof comes about from a trial though. When you detain without charge, no proof is ever required.

Edit: If it's self evident, then a charge and preliminary evidence to justify a trial and sentencing should be trivial.

My original post did contain a comment about my distaste for holding people without trial. Should be pretty easy for the security services to provide info of this person's attempt to join up, shouldn't it? No need for a bunch of fancy pants lawyers dragging it out for months either.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

whats up with the support of ISIS and muslim extremism?

Perish the thought...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

wtf does that mean? you are the one justifying people joining a group of sub humans

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

Just look at the growing rise of the Daesh in Africa --- Doesn't that tell you something? I mean...in relation to global warming and desertification.

70 something years ago this type was shoving people into ovens in Auschwitz.
I see nothing about them that says to me they deserve life, I really don't.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Your response didn't make any sense to me.

Either way, I'm old enough to know that neither Obama, Bush or Clinton ever referred to our military's leadership as their personal generals.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

That's witnesses to an overt act. You can't witness something that hasn't yet happened.
he was captured with Isis fighters. Id say that would be aiding the enemy. Or are we supposed to believe he was getting directions to the local quickie mart??

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Even if true...

Who made that possible by law ?

Bush and Obama !

Yep, this has been going on long before Trump.

Lock hillary up.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So are any Trump supporters going to call this out as wrong or just carry one talking about "ohhhh but Obama...."?

the patriot act was wrong right from the start everyone who voted for it is a traitor to the people of America.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
these type of prisons have existed for decades in the US in various forms, right now they exist as communications management units and 362 people are imprisoned there so a few similar prisons outside the US is not much of a surprise to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: EartOccupant

Your response didn't make any sense to me.

Either way, I'm old enough to know that neither Obama, Bush or Clinton ever referred to our military's leadership as their personal generals.

Actually bush did. Obama didnt but it was well known obama hated the military.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
he was captured with Isis fighters. Id say that would be aiding the enemy. Or are we supposed to believe he was getting directions to the local quickie mart??

Then it should be an easy case to prove. So why won't they do it? Every US citizen is entitled to due process.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Then it should be an easy case to prove. So why won't they do it? Every US citizen is entitled to due process.

It would seem some of your countrymen are quite happy to do away with due process.... Scary times we live in.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It would seem some of your countrymen are quite happy to do away with due process.... Scary times we live in.

Wasn't it Dubya that brought this rubbish in? Then Obama that never repealed it? Bit rich to try and just blame it all on the Trump era.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join