It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of New Yorkers Took To The Streets In Anti-Trump March Promoted By Russia-Linked Account

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Does this mean that New Yorkers were in collusion with the Russians to alter the outcome of an election?

Seems like everyone except Trump was in collusion with the Russians!

Go figure.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

ROFLMAO

Look at this! How interesting it is to see even the online "Russia is in Trump's Pocket" narrative ultimately do a 180-degree flip when the truth eventually came out.

What "truth" eventually came out? That Trump's corrupt, crony pro-Kremlin campaign manager was exposed for exactly what people like me have been telling you he was since last summer when you lot were falling all over yourselves to defend him?

You know, the guy who was running the show when Carter Page was running off to Moscow and Wikileaks was publishing hacked emails? The guy who was running the campaign when Don Jr was taking meetings with Kremlin-connected lawyers and Donald Trump was talking smack on NATO allies and fawning over Putin?

Now you want to have a "well well well" moment because another thing Trump and his supporters have vehemently denied turned out to be true?

Nice spin. Way to pull your heads out of the sand just in time to falsely claim vindication. What happened to all that blather about "liberal hysteria about Russia!" "The left is 'racist' against Russians!" talk? I thought Russian influence campaigns were made up for the "Russia narrative?" And isn't it preposterous that Russian trolls on social media can have any influence on anyone in the first place? Doh.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well at least I havent seen any people on the right call to censor left wing posts on ATS for being russian shills.

Unlike some on the left on this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Oh an by the way I think I have completed the trifecta today.

I have seen calls to call trump supporting posters traitors that are to be fought and ignored, calls for their censorship from ATS, and every bodies favorite calls for the deaths of many trump supporters!

Lets see if we can make it 2 days in a row tomorrow!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

They play both sides dude.

That was never in dispute.

Nice attempt to make your "side" look cleaner though.

In any event, sounds like the march was for a good cause!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like the largest "influenced" group so far !!

I want to make them all sign a legal agreement to refund their Trump Tax-Cuts to the IRS. (Assuming their income is LEGALLY generated, of course.)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Well at least I havent seen any people on the right call to censor left wing posts on ATS for being russian shills.

That's because it's far, far easier to post as a right-wing troll. It's a cultural thing. Russian psychology falls along the lines of right-wingers a bit more, so its harder for Russians in a troll factory to think like, act like, and post like left wing people.

And right wing people are generally more excitable, there have been many studies over the years showing that people who self-identify as "conservative" are more threat-adverse. They respond much more forcefully to pictures of things they see as "threats".

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I have seen calls to call trump supporting posters traitors that are to be fought and ignored, calls for their censorship from ATS, and every bodies favorite calls for the deaths of many trump supporters!

Cry me a river.

I thought you were made of sterner stuff?

If someone parrots propaganda by a foreign government bent on subverting our democracy ... well, they get what's coming to them IMO.

And yes, Russia does throw out divisive propaganda on both sides. Anyone remember Calexit?

And the "Bernie Bros"? Russian trolls invaded Bernie Sander's supporters and caused massive divides.

This isn't news to anyone well-versed on Russian active measures and psychological warfare. When I can call out examples for what they are, I do. It just happens to be a lot more obvious when Russia does it on the right.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

That stinging sensation you're feeling is called "irony," it happens when one side goes on a witch hunt against someone and digs so deeply they discover the investigations they, themselves demanded against their opponents ultimately started showing their own people were most in the pockets of Russia, played the exact role they accused (and failed to prove) their opponents played, and were completely and totally duped into buying into an exercise in political projection.

Those lawyers Don Jr talked to? Paid for by Hillary Clinton... Trump's "campaign manager?" lookie lookie who's presidential campaign chairman's brother went down right alongside him. Wave to Tony, John, I'm sure you'll be joining him in the Podesta wing of federal prison soon. Carter page!?!? Pages are made of paper, scisors generally top paper and are made from Steel... you know, as in Christopher Steele, foreign agent who was paid by Clinton to author (read: pull from asscheeks) dirt on Trump? Yeah... you know who I'm talking about. The gu who didn't try to do exactly what Page did, he actually topped Page by literally producing a document of his imaginary writings, took his DNC paycheck, and then delivered the dossier to Congress in a last ditch flailing effort to alter the results of a US election (did I mention he's a foreign agent who was paid by the DNC and Clinton campaign? Well, he was! So one could go so far as to say it was a DNC paid for attempt to change a US election using a foreign government's assets, oh yes one certainly could!)

The Eagle...

...it landed, son. And by God look at the mess it just exposed.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I've had more than a couple really upset people say that I personally shouldn't be allowed to post on ATS. You should really enjoy some of the comments in this thread.

How about this one? Directly to your point about whining for ATS to remove people.

And that's without getting into all the entire threads about "Can we ban the Democrat party" "Can the MSM be punished" etc. All I can tell you is that people are really agitated right now and say things that should concern us all. It's everyone, it's not most people even but there are a smattering.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

If someone parrots propaganda by a foreign government bent on subverting our democracy ... well, they get what's coming to them IMO.

I rest my case.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The only mess I'm seeing is a bunch of right-wingers melting down?

The delusions keep getting grander. The straws grasped tighter. The claims more absurd, and the facts more dodgy. I'm seriously wondering if psychiatrists are going to be in higher demand after this is all over.

For some, they won't be able to just quietly scrape that Trump sticker off their oversized truck and hide their red hats in a closet, hoping no one remembers who they supported.

I used to be worried about what Trump might do, now I'm more worried about what his followers will do once it all falls apart for them. I'm sure they all felt like they were so, so close to getting their way ... only to have it taken out from underneath them.

That has to only contribute to the crazy quality of how things seem with right-wingers right now.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Yep. And as you know I have defended you many times from BS like that.

But how about calling for the deaths of trumps supporters?

Of course there are random extrenists, but from seemingly respected members?

And then to have that person defended by many more?

Like this thread!

But dont worry, it came up again today.

And not that I am complaining.

I think its a great laugh!

I get a chuckle over having a conversation with someone over tax policy or movie reviews on one thread, and then having them say that I should be killed on the next.

I bring it up because as I said on the other thread about Russians pushing against trump, eventually we will see this same strategy used by the right against the left (seeking some sort of punishment for them being russian shills).

That why I point out the absurdity of it now, to try to keep both sides from doing it.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Oh for a real blast in calls for dead anti-Obama conservawhatever people, pull up that Scalise shooting mega thread. Scores of resident liberals shouted & derailed for like 100 pages that the shooter was justified and all that sort of logic.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

That stinging sensation you're feeling is called "irony,"

I have no idea what you're talking about. I feel more vindicated with each passing day. Perhaps you're confusing me with somebody else?

Those lawyers Don Jr talked to? Paid for by Hillary Clinton...

You mean "that lawyer" and, no she wasn't.

lookie lookie who's presidential campaign chairman's brother went down right alongside him.

That's how irrational you're becoming. In what way is Manafort being a Kremlin operative a good thing for Trump? He ran Trump's campaign for four months and met with Veselnitskaya himself. In fact, he was also the one who approved Carter Page's trip to Moscow. And after he left the campaign in August, his boy Rick Gates stuck around. Stuck around for everything and was even working for American First Priorities until he went to work for Trump and Manafort's pal Tom Barrack. Rick Gates has been accompanying Barrack for meetings with Trump in the White House.

It's already been established that a pro-Kremlin agent was Trump's campaign chairman. Another lurked around in Trump's orbit all the way up until recently (Gates). You on the other hand are hoping that Tony Podesta can somehow be shown to have placed undue influence on Clinton in... well, basically 2012.

If there's one shred of evidence that Manafort was still on the PoR payroll (or worse) or that he was communicating with Russians while running the Trump campaign — what do you think the implications for Trump will be? It won't matter if they never prove that he knew about it. After all, nobody knows what Manafort and Trump discussed in private. There will always be those questions. Did he know? Was he too feckless to know?

He certainly knew about Don Jr's meeting and lied. He knew that he had a foreign policy advisor who was bragging about how his connections to Russia could get them a meeting with Putin. Speaking of which, since I've been right about Manafort from the jump and I was the only person on ATS Friday predicting that both Manafort and Gates would be indicted, here's another prediction for you:

It's a wrap for Sam Clovis. The odds that there will even be a confirmation hearing are fairly slim.

"Mr. Clovis sir, could you please explain why you encouraged Mr. Papadopolous to attend a clandestine meeting with Russian operatives?"

"Uh, well see I'm a Southern gentlemen."

Lmao.

oh yes one certainly could!

You can say anything you want. Trump's the one who will be running for re-election in 2020 — assuming nothing comes out of this investigation that results in his exit from office. Clinton? She won't be running for anything.

I don't think you're seeing the forest for the trees my friend.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
In light of the fact that Russian ads and whatnot contributed to less than 0.1% of total political chatter on social media, I'm inclined to believe Russian involvement was irrelevant.

It seems that they were engaging in standard intelligence practices, disinformation, etc. We do it all the time to other countries, other countries do it to us. This is intelligence collection 101

In any case, it seems clear that the original anti-Trump narrative is entirely out the window. Great work, fact finders

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Unless......

Exactly.

Moreover, I have never believed from the beginning that Putin wanted Trump elected. The Russians don't want anybody elected. That is the point. Their only goal is destabilization and positioning for anything that enhances Russian interests.

That is why Washington in drowning in Russian money.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Unless......

Exactly.

Moreover, I have never believed from the beginning that Putin wanted Trump elected. The Russians don't want anybody elected. That is the point. Their only goal is destabilization and positioning for anything that enhances Russian interests.

That is why Washington in drowning in Russian money.

Exactly! And since every single nation does this, it is fair to label this a "standard nation-state intelligence activity"

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So if you're anti-Trump you're a Russian agent now. My how the tables have turned.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
So if you're anti-Trump you're a Russian agent now. My how the tables have turned.

They LOVE to do that. It's a lazy susan now they turn it so much.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join