It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of New Yorkers Took To The Streets In Anti-Trump March Promoted By Russia-Linked Account

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
www.buzzfeed.com...

BlackMattersUS, a social media campaign believed to be Russians meddling in the US politics, promoted a large anti-Trump march in New York City in the days after the election.

A now-unavailable Facebook page for the Nov. 12, 2016, march shows the event’s host as BM, a known alias of the BlackMattersUS used throughout the group's promotional materials for other sponsored protests, and encouraged protesters to meet at Union Square at 12 p.m. to march to Trump Tower.

The archived events page shows the event was shared with 61,000 people, 33,000 were interested in the event and 16,000 people marked themselves as going. “Divided is the reason we just fell. We must unite despite our differences to stop HATE from ruling the land,” a description of the event page reads.

On Wednesday afternoon, after BuzzFeed News published this report, the House Intelligence Committee released a sampling of Facebook ads linked to Russia. One of the ads released was a sponsored post for the Nov. 12 anti-Trump march at Union Square.

Look at this! How interesting it is to see even the online "Russia is in Trump's Pocket" narrative ultimately do a 180-degree flip when the truth eventually came out. At what point will the ridiculousness end and America can return to a state which isn't in a never ending loop of protest, triggering, protest, triggering, protest at things the average protester probably couldn't even answer more than 2 questions about?

RBC, a Russian outlet, identified BlackMatters as one of 180 social media accounts. BuzzFeed News has reported that the operation including luring unsuspecting American activists to protests, self-defense classes aimed at black communities, apparently aimed at exploiting existing US domestic movements, from pro-Trump memes to social justice activism.

Fascinating.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Looks like the largest "influenced" group so far !!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm wondering how much of this is getting George Soros money.

He's notorious for funding "uprisings" in various countries.

I'm just waiting for someone to show who's funding these groups.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

"Soros" types could easily do this from U.S. locations.

All by "proxy".

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

So.

Russians interfered to get Trump elected so they could then continue to interfere and protest who they just help get elected?

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I dont get it.

If they wanted to bring trump down, why not just release the evidence they have of them working with Trump to steal the election.

Unless......

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

"Soros" types could easily do this from U.S. locations.

All by "proxy".

Exactly, and it is almost as if Soros wants to see the world burn before he dies..

There was evidence showing he was giving money to the Catalan group, as well.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The Russians want to provoke divisions in the American people.

So it makes sense they'd fund and promote both Trump and anti-Trump groups.

Or are we saying that the Russians are ~ only ~ working with anti-trump groups?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
there is an irony that the ones that promote the russian lies pro gop are butthurt now.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It may have been run out of one of the Stans like Kazakhstan . Over at Climate Audit they have found some linked codes to the DNC hack that could have originated from there climateaudit.org... you find the links down in the comment section .

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

unless they don't want to bring Trump down. the more chaotic the country the more room they have to quietly work behind the scenes.

why bring Trump down when they can effortlessly turn mentalists into polarizing defense attorneys for their party or ideology of choice. who knows how many of their stories you've defended or linked or corroborated along.

each story, you've had a solution to or 'knew' what no one else knows or saw things sideways as such no one else could see... and guess how many immediately agreed with you... based on nothing... probably.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like the largest "influenced" group so far !!

I wonder if anyone has split the posts in to group of where left or right supporting? Seems a topic that no one is talking about but to me that kind of spells a picture of what they were supporting, and I do not think it was Trump.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

From what I can tell from these stories so far is that they were playing both sides against each other.

Exclusive: Russians Appear to Use Facebook to Push Trump Rallies in 17 U.S. Cities

The demonstrations—at least one of which was promoted online by local pro-Trump activists— brought dozens of supporters together in real life. They appear to be the first case of Russian provocateurs successfully mobilizing Americans over Facebook in direct support of Donald Trump.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I dont get it.

If they wanted to bring trump down, why not just release the evidence they have of them working with Trump to steal the election.

Unless......

Perhaps they are just seeing what kind of events they can really spur, and this is just the tip of the iceberg... like a dry-run of sorts.

Think of it in the same light as when the military holds a training exercise, and real people die...something like that...

We already know crazy people who have enough hate in their heart (even for their fellow Americans) are capable of extreme acts. The Russians might just be banking on that.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Grambler

why bring Trump down when they can effortlessly turn mentalists into polarizing defense attorneys for their party or ideology of choice. who knows how many of their stories you've defended or linked or corroborated along.

each story, you've had a solution to or 'knew' what no one else knows or saw things sideways as such no one else could see... and guess how many immediately agreed with you... based on nothing... probably.

Yes we get your opinions of me.

Same as many others: just say I am a liar and move on.

Good job.

unless they don't want to bring Trump down. the more chaotic the country the more room they have to quietly work behind the scenes.

Hmm.

Maybe shouldnt have went to them for a dossier on one of the candidates afterall.

edit on 1-11-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

It fits the MO pattern I've been preaching about this year, about Russia being the go to one size fits all scapegoat for ObamaHillarySorosCo. crimes.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

So.

Russians interfered to get Trump elected so they could then continue to interfere and protest who they just help get elected?

No Russians interfered during the 2016 elections in order to hurt the credibility of the next US President. Up until election day the world (including the Russians) thought the next US President would be Hillary Clinton.

Once Trump delivered a long shoot upset and won the election the Russians continued their mission to hurt the credibility of the next US President... the target just changed to the accutaly president from the expected president.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It fits the MO pattern I've been preaching about this year, about Russia being the go to one size fits all scapegoat for ObamaHillarySorosCo. crimes.

Indeed, Soros has been behind many an upheaval in the span of his life.

What amuses me is he is allowed to continue to do what he does in this country.

Why isn't he behind bars or extradited? (Obviously, he's paying someone a lot to remain, but still).

These "feel-good" protests are exactly that.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Looks like Russia was interfering both ways, they targeted both sides of the election. Well, I have to give Russia credit, they know how to stir up trouble so we argue among ourselves. I bet they are still doing this, feeding the Media information or interpretation of information to keep them stirring up chaos in this country.

Our intelligence agencies can learn something from the Russians, I guess we should send them over there for training.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A LOT of leftist/anti-Trump organizations seem to have been targeted/co-opted by the Russians, which isn't really surprising.

And I have a strong feeling it is still going on. This might lead all the way to the big name media houses. "Communist News Network" just might be more than an internet-ism.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join