It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The genealogy of Cain?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: queenofswords

Things can be simple if you slow down and think for a bit on it . Take for instance the time the Israelite spent in Egypt .

Wow... Thank you for posting that. After watching that and the pyramids video I am hooked.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Actually Genesis seems to offer the advantages of Farming over Hunter-gathering.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

First time I noticed this... “Then Lamech took for himself two wives: the name of one was Adah, and the name of the second was Zillah.”

Origin of the saying, “from A to Z”?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

The oldest known fossils of modern humans have been discovered in Herto, Ethiopia. An international team led by researchers from the University of California, Berkeley, found the skulls of two adults and a child dating from 160,000 years ago - 40,000 years earlier than the previous oldest remains of Homo sapiens.

www.bradshawfoundation.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I often think about this. Where is this city that was built and whats the name of it?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The Pope believes in Evolution..

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Hebrew Bible parallels[edit]

See also: Cherub in Eden

Parallels are drawn to the passage in Isaiah 14:4-17 that mentions the "son of the morning" that had "fallen from heaven" and was "cast down to the earth". In verse 12 of this passage, the Hebrew word that referred to the morning star was translated into Latin as Lucifer. With the application to the Devil of the morning star story, "Lucifer" was then applied to him as a proper name. The name Lucifer, the Latin name (literally "Light-Bearer" or "Light-Bringer") for the morning star (the planet Venus in its morning appearances), is often given to the Devil in these stories. The brilliancy of the morning star—which eclipses all other stars, but is not seen during the night—may be what gave rise to myths such as the Babylonian story of Ethana and Zu, who was led by his pride to strive for the highest seat among the star-gods on the northern mountain of the gods (an image present also in Ezekiel 28:14), but was hurled down by the supreme ruler of the Babylonian Olympus.[19] Stars were then regarded as living celestial beings.[19][20] The Jewish Encyclopedia states that the myth concerning the Morning star was transferred to Satan by the first century before the Common Era, citing in support of this view the Life of Adam and Eve and the Slavonic Book of Enoch 29:4, 31:4, where Satan-Sataniel is described as having been one of the archangels. Because he contrived "to make his throne higher than the clouds over the earth and resemble 'My power' on high", Satan-Sataniel was hurled down, with his angels, and since then he has been flying in the air continually above the abyss. According to Jewish thought, the passage in Isaiah was used to prophesy the fate of the King of Babylon, who is described as aiming to rival God.[19]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

"And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son-- Enoch
Did you ever wonder why he built a city and not a town or a village ...Who was going to live there ? Maybe some of the Chinese are descendants because they build city's today that no one lives in ....just sayin

And boy do they ever! Been all over that country. So much wasted concrete.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Really?

Yes this is of topic but out of curiosity have you ever heard of the,"Story of the Colum People"?

edit on 1-11-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
perhaps a little bit of a sidenote, but some my find it interesting. some my find it disturbing though. one of the dreams i had years ago.

God wanted blood. that's why he wasn't happy with Cain's offering. "do you love me, Cain?" "yes." "prove it!" - and that's how he ended up killing his own brother. it was his offering to God. a proof that he would do anything for him. wether God's response was a curse, or a gift... well, that's another story.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

If you take note when God marks Cain it is so that anyone who finds him will not kill him . Who is the anyone if there were no other humans at that time ?

The bible says that satan and 1/3 of the demons were cast out of hell and allowed to run to and fro unto the earth...even unto this day. I have always thought that this is who might have been on the earth at that time (at least some of who it was). I also feel that there are other bible verses which describe fallen angels being on earth: The bible verses which talk about giants, men of old and men of reknown, these same going into daughters of men and having children with them. After this happened then the flood came and wiped out everyone but noah and his family on the boat, but after the flood the giants were somehow back on the earth at a later time...as in the story of david and goliath.

Throughout history people of the earth have left writings, drawings, stories, artwork and carvings about "god's" who were on earth or came to earth. I feel that this also points to the fallen angels being the ones who were thought to be gods. In addition, what we think of as aliens/ufos nowdays are probably still the fallen angels (even though some ufo's could also be angels).

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
perhaps a little bit of a sidenote, but some my find it interesting. some my find it disturbing though. one of the dreams i had years ago.

God wanted blood. that's why he wasn't happy with Cain's offering. "do you love me, Cain?" "yes." "prove it!" - and that's how he ended up killing his own brother. it was his offering to God. a proof that he would do anything for him. wether God's response was a curse, or a gift... well, that's another story.

I know you stated it was just a dream, but I have to respectfully disagree with that idea. The bible clearly says that cain was jealous of his brother because God accepted the offering from Abel but not him (cain). Therefore he killed his own brother out of jealousy.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

(Original print at NATURE, March 4, 1993)
SIR -- On examing hair samples of mummies in the scanning electron microscope we found a piece of tissue between the curls which had the characteristic appearance of silk. To show that the specimen was silk, we performed infrared studies using multiple internal reflection, allowing nondestructive identification of the material. The spectra clearly identified silk.

We perfomred amino-acid anaylsis of the sample according to the method in ref. 2 and obtained the typical spectrum of hydrolysed silk, with high glycine, serine and alanine peaks as originally described by Shimura. To exclude the possibility that the silk specimen could have been added later to the mummy's hair we performed amino-acid racemization studies on the mummy's hydrolysed hair samples and on the hydrolysed silk specimen: proline racemization was used as the marker amino acid. We used an HPLC method for the separation of L and D forms.

The D/L racemization ratios from hair and silk were comparable, which excludes contamination of hair by the silk tissue in recent times. The mummy, a 30-50-year-old female, was found in Thebes, Deir el Medina, at the burial ground of the king's workmen. Based on anthropological data, the mummification method, the burial ground and amino-acid racemization, the mummy can be assigned to the twenty-first dynasty.

The silk industry had its origin in China and the material probably first reached the Mediterranean countries via Persia. Silk was not used in Egypt until later; the earliest example that can be traced is of Ptolemaic date from Mostagedda, a wollen tunic with decorative stripes with a weft of white silk. Lucan, writing in the middle of the first century, described Cleopatra with "her white breasts resplendent through the Sidonian fabric, which, wrought in close texture by the skill of the Seres, the needle of the workmen of the Nile has separated and has loosened the wrap by stretching out the web".

A portion of a coloured silk fabric was found at Qustul, south of Abu Simbel, the exact date of which is not certain, though it is probably not older than the fourth century AD. From the fourth century AD onwards silk became more common in Egypt.

Our work suggests that silk was used in Egypt as long as 1,000 years BC, which would shed new light on ancient trading practices.

www.silk-road.com...

See based upon the Holy Bible the Israelites were a Nomadic tribe when Egyptians had begun and Agrarian civilization.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
it was my thoughts that Adam's first Wife, named Lilith is the biological mother of Cain

we all assume that Adam & Wife mean Adam-&-Eve bore Sons...encompasses the whole first family

I propose that Lilith, had a multiple birth experience producing 3 females (never mentioned with the one male, Cain
and those 4 offspring symbolized the 4 seasons of a solar year, & the 3 females gave the future Adam Eve offspring of males their mate selection option from 3 candidates who were a decade or more older than the later born males from the Adam-Eve gene pool

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

He has two or 3 vids that helped me put the final nail in the question about King James version only . The conspiracy of The Masoretic Text is probably better understood in the context of Melchizedek and Jesus . The King Priest and not from the tribe of Levi .

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

probably took a guess that they would multiply, and since he walks the earth forever, probably gonna meet a few peeps but i dont know the mark to look for, so how you supposed to know not to kill him.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

live evil levi veil

live evil till levi lifts veil

i like playing with words as much as myself

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

Mike Heiser is probably the best well know scholar to produce work relating to that subject matter that relates . His Unseen Realm work is a must imo and has good lectures on the subject . This vid is a Q&A that he produced that is well worth watching to help connect or re-connect the dots . The theme carries all the way through the Bible except is less explicit in the NT but is there theologically .

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Deetermined

I'll check that out, too.

As a side note, very seldom are the daughters mentioned in geneaology records in the Bible...only a few. So when one is mentioned, it makes me wonder if that particular female had some particular importance. I wonder about Naamah, Lamech and Zillah's daughter.

I did some research on genealogy a few years back and if I recall correctly, sometimes son-in-laws were inserted into genealogies in place of the daughters. Some current research shows that Methusaleh is spelled the same way in both the line of Cain and Seth in the Septuagint. We also know that both Methusalehs had sons named, Lamech. Could the naming of Lamech's daughters in Cain's genealogy have to do with the fact that they were indeed related to Cain by blood, but Lamech is a son-in-law who was born in Seth's line but adopted into Cain's line? I can't help but wonder if Methusaleh married into Cain's family (as well as Lamech) creating the whole story in Genesis 6 of the "sons of God" (Seth's line) marrying the "daughters of men" (Cain's line) that ended up bringing so much violence upon the earth and leading to the flood. I believe the "sons of God" (Genesis 6:2) refers to Seth's descendants based on Genesis 4:26...

Genesis 4:26 - And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

There's Adam and Eve, then Cain and Able, then Cain knew his wife. So unless Cain is mating with his sister, then the technology to craft women out of man's ribs is still being used, because there are no other people besides Adam and Eve and their offspring.

Oh boy we got a Bible scholar here.

Simply looking at the Bible gives several clues as to what happened.

1. Right after creation of Man and Women:

Gen 1:28 "God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

Kind of sounds like Adam and Eve procreated and filled the Earth, no? There are no time references as to how long Adam and Eve lived in the Garden. To me it's doubtful they lived in paradise and then immediately turned around and sinned the next day. It's long been a thought of mine they lived in the garden for thousands, maybe millions of years and populated the entire Earth. Pre-curse with no disease or childbirth pain (next point) and people living perhaps forever it wouldn't take long to fill it up.

2. The curse specifically stated that childbirth would now become painful. If they had never had children before this is kind of pointless. They wouldn't know. I believe as God commanded in the previous point they had countless children. And their children had children, and so on. Pain free before the curse. Not anymore though.

3. After Cain murdered his brother he was worried people would take vengeance on him. Who was he worried about? If the planet was empty he could go anywhere and do anything.

4. Cain went and built a city and suddenly has a wife. A city of one family? Probably not. Must have been people around.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join