It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The genealogy of Cain?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Okay so what I do know is

"And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son-- Enoch. To Enoch was born Irad; and Irad begot Mehujael, and Mehujael begot Methushael, and Methushael begot Lamech. Then Lamech took for himself two wives: the name of one was Adah, and the name of the second was Zillah. And Adah bore Jabal. He was the father of those who dwell in tents and have livestock. His brother's name was Jubal. He was the father of all those who play the harp and flute. And as for Zillah, she also bore Tubal-Cain, an instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron. And the sister of Tubal-Cain was Naamah"

Than it stops. Could anybody here share anything that may be able to shed additional Light on the genealogy of Cain? I wonder

edit on 31-10-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

There's Adam and Eve, then Cain and Able, then Cain knew his wife. So unless Cain is mating with his sister, then the technology to craft women out of man's ribs is still being used, because there are no other people besides Adam and Eve and their offspring.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Pretty much kids from Able are Jews and kids from Cain are the rest.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

Well,except Abel didnt get to have children before he was murdered by Cain.In my understanding,Seth would be the forefather of the jews.

As for Cain,dont know much.......

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wildapache

Right you are. My bad forgot that bit

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
for entertainment purposes only.

Based off of the bible, saying Cain will walk the earth forever and will be marked, could it be possible that throughout the 5000 years he grew excessive amounts of hair? Or maybe the excessive amounts of hair were due to the "mark" that god put on him. What I am getting at is, would it not be possible that the creature known as Bigfoot, who people claim to have seen since the early 1800s, could be roaming the earth in his own guilt and shame, hiding from the world so he wont get persecuted? Bigfoot has been around too long to be any human, but every witness has described a very human-like creature who walks just like a human. I know it is kind of a stretch but I figured this post was a stretch as is with the one footed, horse shoe'd, creature so just a theory.

oh, source
oddblog.theweirding.net...
edit on 10/31/2017 by ladyinwaiting because: added source link

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

That could play into the theory that ufos are angels and demons.

They come down to taunt him about needing a shave. I'm thinking though...

Would boxes of Gillette razor blades and shaving foam make him happy or go on a murderous rampage?

It should be tested, for science.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

If you take note when God marks Cain it is so that anyone who finds him will not kill him . Who is the anyone if there were no other humans at that time ?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

According to the Bible, that may be where Cain's descendants ended when the flood took place and wiped out the human race with the exception of Noah's family.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

"And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son-- Enoch
Did you ever wonder why he built a city and not a town or a village ...Who was going to live there ? Maybe some of the Chinese are descendants because they build city's today that no one lives in ....just sayin

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I think the begets and begots are important, but confusing sometimes. For instance, there are two Lamechs and two Enochs....one set in Gen. 4 and the other set in Gen. 5.

Enoch is Cain's son in Gen. 4 and another Enoch is Jared's son in chapter 5.

Lamech is Cain's great great great grandson in Ch. 4 and in Ch. 5 Lamech is Noah's father and great grandson of Jared.

edit on 31-10-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Adam and Eve were special children introduced into a world that already had humans albeit ones classed as animals?

What was lilith so erm, angry about?

I distinctly remember something about any ill intentions against him will be suffered sevenfold, some people are unlucky, some people seemingly attract bad luck...

For him that's took to a whole new level, anything suffered is merely reflected before him. I guess the joke is we're his grandchildren.

It's a fascinating story.
edit on 31-10-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2017 by RAY1990 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Things can be simple if you slow down and think for a bit on it . Take for instance the time the Israelite spent in Egypt .

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Do you know of the allegations concerning the descendants of Abel?

Keep in mind that when Cain killed Abel, he was an adult.
edit on 31-10-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: queenofswords

Things can be simple if you slow down and think for a bit on it . Take for instance the time the Israelite spent in Egypt .

This video looks interesting, but something I will need to concentrate hard on. I'll come back to it later when I can take one eye off the World Series and focus on it fully.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I think the begets and begots are important, but confusing sometimes. For instance, there are two Lamechs and two Enochs....one set in Gen. 4 and the other set in Gen. 5.

Lamech is Cain's great great great grandson in Ch. 4 and in Ch. 5 Lamech is Noah's father and great grandson of Jared.

Genesis 4 describes the descendants of Cain and Genesis 5 describes the descendants of Seth. Wikipedia has a flowchart showing the family tree in "Geneaologies of Genesis"...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I'll check that out, too.

As a side note, very seldom are the daughters mentioned in geneaology records in the Bible...only a few. So when one is mentioned, it makes me wonder if that particular female had some particular importance. I wonder about Naamah, Lamech and Zillah's daughter.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If Adam and Eve were the first, does that mean their children had incestuous relations to propagate the species?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Reuse of famous names.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
If Adam and Eve were the first, does that mean their children had incestuous relations to propagate the species?

Yes except that due to relative "freshness" of the newly created genome, you wouldn't see defects arising in the 4th generation as we do now.

... and just by the way, how do you think evolution works if the fourth inbreeding causes defects?

edit on 31/10/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join