It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The genealogy of Cain?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Genesis 4:26 - And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.
Which begs the question of who did they call upon prior to that . The Sons of God or the Watchers is a theme that makes them none human .Gen.6 : 1-4 is told in the longer version of Enoch 1 . Both Peter and Jude quote from it and its theme is in Pauls writings as well . We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against spiritual powers and beings . The dead Nephlim is what creates demons .

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Which begs the question of who did they call upon prior to that . The Sons of God or the Watchers is a theme that makes them none human .Gen.6 : 1-4 is told in the longer version of Enoch 1 . Both Peter and Jude quote from it and its theme is in Pauls writings as well . We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against spiritual powers and beings . The dead Nephlim is what creates demons .

There's a reason why Enoch 1, 2 and 3 didn't make it into the biblical canon, although there may be some truth in them.

As the verse you quote states, we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against spiritual powers and beings, all of which are capable of leading men astray, but doesn't claim to be able to reproduce with them. I think the remaining verses in Genesis 6 tells us what happened...

Genesis 6:3-7

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Over and over we see how God was upset with "men" and their wickedness. It doesn't say that it repented the Lord that he made deceiving angels or watchers for corrupting men in this particular case. Everything mentioned in verse 7 that would be destroyed were all earthly creations.
edit on 1-11-2017 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

There's a reason why Enoch 1, 2 and 3 didn't make it into the biblical canon, although there may be some truth in them.
Different biblical writers quote from none canonical writings is just a fact of the bible . Enoch 1 is pre-new testament while 2 and 3 post date the first century . Older writings other then OT have similar stories to the watcher story of 1st Enoch so as a ME context it was shared much like the flood story . The Bible makes mention of other gods and compares the creator God to them . If they were not real then why make the comparison . The Tower of Babel incident turns the nations over to the sons of God and we see instances like in Daniel where the Angel dispatched to Daniel is hindered and he says that he has to go help out another after hes done with Daniel . There is a unseen realm motif running all through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation . Read Psalm 82 for context into the judgement against the sons of God for not doing what they should have been doing .

edit on 1-11-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

As the verse you quote states, we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against spiritual powers and beings, all of which are capable of leading men astray, but doesn't claim to be able to reproduce with them. I think the remaining verses in Genesis 6 tells us what happened...
As to a link in Pauls writings dealing with Head Coverings he says because of nature and the angels . This reference only makes sense when we learn what nature (science of the day) taught . The hair was considered a sexual organ back then just as the earth being flat was . The angel reference in that probably hearkens back the sons of God seeing the daughters of men and the lust issue .

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. Over and over we see how God was upset with "men" and their wickedness. It doesn't say that it repented the Lord that he made deceiving angels or watchers for corrupting men in this particular case. Everything mentioned in verse 7 that would be destroyed were all earthly creations.
To understand better we have the original fall that was not good , then we have the watchers teaching man to be even worse then what they were because of the introduction into cutting of roots (drugs) and metals to make implements of war ...next the tower of bable where we get the dividing of the nations who go to war against each other . The Cross is a reversal of all of that . A good place to look into is Mike Heisers Reversing Hermon

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I never said they weren't real, I just don't believe they have reproduced with man. I do believe that it's very possible that these entities taught people magik and mysticism that they will be judged for later, but based on the way Genesis 1 was written, I don't believe that they were able to reproduce through others, as in humans. The fact that Genesis 1 tells us that each will reproduce after it's own kind, as restated in 1 Corinthians 15, is pretty clear. God may have instructed people not to intermingle, but it never suggests that they would have to watch out for deceiving entities that would try to intermingle with them physically. If the spiritual entities can't even reproduce among themselves, why should we ever believe they're capable of reproducing through another means or that God would even allow it to happen?

1 Corinthians 15

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

As to a link in Pauls writings dealing with Head Coverings he says because of nature and the angels . This reference only makes sense when we learn what nature (science of the day) taught . The hair was considered a sexual organ back then just as the earth being flat was . The angel reference in that probably hearkens back the sons of God seeing the daughters of men and the lust issue .

Give me a break! Paul's talking about a time of worship when men of Jewish traditions thought that angels were there to be mediators between them and God. The men expected their women to follow proper worship traditions so not to offend the angels or have the angels frown on them for a form of disobedience thinking they wouldn't deliver their prayers to God.

In fact, while the worshipers fought over how they were supposed to behave and what they were supposed to wear, it looks like Paul is telling them to judge for themselves, there will be no such custom in the churches of God.

1 Corinthians 11:13-16

13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

edit on 1-11-2017 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Bonobos vs Chimpanzees, make love not, war vs me make love to you long time?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I never said they weren't real, I just don't believe they have reproduced with man. I do believe that it's very possible that these entities taught people magik and mysticism that they will be judged for later, but based on the way Genesis 1 was written, I don't believe that they were able to reproduce through others, as in humans. The fact that Genesis 1 tells us that each will reproduce after it's own kind, as restated in 1 Corinthians 15, is pretty clear. God may have instructed people not to intermingle, but it never suggests that they would have to watch out for deceiving entities that would try to intermingle with them physically. If the spiritual entities can't even reproduce among themselves, why should we ever believe they're capable of reproducing through another means or that God would even allow it to happen?
The Sodom and Gomorrah story is one of lusting after strange flesh these heavenly being seemed to take on when they went to talk to Lot . A example in nature is the offspring of a horse and a donkey is a Muel which cannot reproduce .It still holds true that after each kind but does put a limit to the extent of the unholy union which is what you find in Jude .

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Paul was dealing with a gentile church . He also wanted to avoid rules and regulations such a circumcision and meats offered to idols . The biggest issue he seemed to be dealing with at Corinth was the sexual immorality of the group . One of the strangest lessons I have ever heard on the subject actually was the one that actually made the most sense ...its scholarly work and looked at seriously that many Christians agree answers the questions most of us try to understand

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
perhaps a little bit of a sidenote, but some my find it interesting. some my find it disturbing though. one of the dreams i had years ago.

God wanted blood. that's why he wasn't happy with Cain's offering. "do you love me, Cain?" "yes." "prove it!" - and that's how he ended up killing his own brother. it was his offering to God. a proof that he would do anything for him. wether God's response was a curse, or a gift... well, that's another story.

I know you stated it was just a dream, but I have to respectfully disagree with that idea. The bible clearly says that cain was jealous of his brother because God accepted the offering from Abel but not him (cain). Therefore he killed his own brother out of jealousy.

it's just a book, full of lies.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Or there were other Humans than the bunch thrown out of Eden? That is just as likely

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The surprise discovery was that for 300 million years, it was more common for species pairs to occur together—to aggregate on a landscape—than it was for them to segregate. Then the pattern flipped around 6,000 years ago in North America. Around the same time the human population was expanding and becoming dependent on agriculture, plant and animal communities shifted to a pattern dominated by segregation.

Advertisement
Lyons and her colleagues looked at nearly 360,000 pairs of organisms from 80 communities on different continents, but the best data available to them around the time period in question came predominantly from North America. Lyons expects the pattern shift will be evident around the globe if other researchers look for it.

“It’s striking that there’s a community structure that is changing in ways it hasn’t changed before and that appears to be associated with humans,” says Erle Ellis, a professor of geography and environmental systems at the University of Maryland and a member of the International Union of Geological Sciences Anthropocene Working Group. “I would say it’s one of the most interesting indicators I’ve ever seen of a shift in the biosphere associated with humans.”

Read more: www.smithsonianmag.com... Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://(link tracking not allowed)/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

www.smithsonianmag.com...
edit on 1-11-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The name Canaan occurs commonly in the Hebrew Bible. In particular, the references in Genesis 10 and Numbers 34 define the "Land of Canaan" as extending from Lebanon southward to the "Brook of Egypt" and eastward to the Jordan River Valley.

The word Canaanites serves as an ethnic catch-all term covering various indigenous populations—both settled and nomadic-pastoral groups—throughout the regions of the southern Levant or Canaan.[1] Canaanite is by far the most frequently used ethnic term in the Bible.[2] In the Book of Joshua, Canaanites are included in a list of nations to exterminate,[3] and later described as a group which the Israelites had annihilated.[4]

Archaeological attestation of the name Canaan in Ancient Near Eastern sources relates almost exclusively to the period in which the region operated as a colony of the New Kingdom of Egypt (16th–11th centuries BC), with usage of the name almost disappearing following the Late Bronze Age collapse (c. 1206–1150 BC).[5] The references suggest that during this period the term was familiar to the region's neighbors on all sides, although scholars have disputed to what extent such references provide a coherent description of its location and boundaries, and regarding whether the inhabitants used the term to describe themselves.[6] The Amarna Letters and other cuneiform documents use Kinaḫḫu [Kinakh'khu], while other sources of the Egyptian New Kingdom mention numerous military campaigns conducted in Ka-na-na.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

a reply to: infolurker

He has two or 3 vids that helped me put the final nail in the question about King James version only . The conspiracy of The Masoretic Text is probably better understood in the context of Melchizedek and Jesus . The King Priest and not from the tribe of Levi .

Yes, exactly!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join