It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2020 poll: Run Michelle Obama Run!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
We have to thread lightly and carefully here... one side of the Aisle WANTED and HOPED Trump would be the nominee "knowing" he had no chance at all....

Let's not make the same mistake as they did and "Hope" someone gets it because we "know" they have no chance.

Let them pick their own candidate

edit on 10/31/2017 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I wouldn't say she is just as unqualified as Trump is. She was the first lady for 8 years. While she probably wasn't involved in most of her husband's day-to-day activities as President she probably was able to get a feel for the overall structure of how government operates. She's still grossly unqualified though. I'd rather Biden ran.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: seasonal

You best be careful about talking about how the Dems don't have a chance because the party is in disorder. That was the EXACT, same thing Dems were saying about Republicans during the Obama years. Then Trump took the reigns and the Presidency.

Lessons learned?

Sounds like the days of the Two Party System needs to crash and burn. Actually, they already have crashed and burned our nation but the cult mentality's refuse to get a clue.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock White people are racists, they voted in trump. They'll never elect a black president, they're all racists.

Were you alive during the last 8 years?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

That is an abysmal list of potential nominees. They might as well wheel Hillary up there again.

there are some claiming she wants to, i haven't heard her rule it out.

i bet she tries.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

She's more qualified than Trump but not by very much.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Agreed.

I wanted to see a Bernie/Trump face off.

But Sanders was dumb enough to go against the Clinton Machine.

Sanders' campaign was a success as far as I'm concerned. He never had a chance to be President (as much as I would have liked that to happen), but what he accomplished was spreading his message and opening a new avenue of liberal politics for the Democratic party which has grown stagnant from being too resistant to embrace social changes (just not as bad as the Republican party is).

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I agree actually. I feel like we'd more benefit from a 3 or 4 party system. Our country, our population, and our political opinions are getting too diverse to be represented thoroughly by just two major political parties. HOWEVER, I feel like having a free for all of different political parties (like India has) is also a bad idea. We need to maintain a small number of parties, but we DO need more for diversity sake as it stands.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What is it with Democrats wanting to establish dynasties?

Bill Clinton is term limited out of office. No problem! We'll run Hillary!

What? Hillary lost? Oh yeah, 3/4 of Americans hate her guts. Forgot about that. Let's start prepping Chelsea!

Obama is term-limited out. Let's run Michele!

Republicans learned their lesson with George W Bush. When Jeb tried to run last year, the overwhelming response among Republican voters can be summed up as one of these:

edit on 31-10-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   
A black transgender muslim....

sounds like a shoo-in to me.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

She's more qualified than Trump but not by very much.

Yeah. That's what I was saying too. If I had to choose between the two I'd choose Obama over Trump, but I wouldn't be happy about it. Of course she is also a decent human being too. Something I can't say about Trump.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Such an ignorant comment. Those terms are obviously negatives in your mind which is why you said them in such a manner. Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
What is it with Democrats wanting to establish dynasties?

Bill Clinton is term limited out of office. No problem! We'll run Hillary!

What? Hillary lost? Oh yeah, 3/4 of Americans hate her guts. Forgot about that. Let's start prepping Chelsea!

Obama is term-limited out. Let's run Michele!

Republicans learned their lesson with George W Bush. When Jeb tried to run last year, the overwhelming response among Republican voters can be summed up as one of these:

Yeah. Trump just skips all that and engages in blatant nepotism instead.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

And I think that's what it will be, just a reverse version of the past election, people voting AGAINST Trump instead of people voting AGAINST Hillary. Then you'll have people acting like she's the best president ever in the face of disaster, all to justify their choice, just like we have with Trump and his supporters.
edit on 10/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I wouldn't say she is just as unqualified as Trump is. She was the first lady for 8 years. While she probably wasn't involved in most of her husband's day-to-day activities as President she probably was able to get a feel for the overall structure of how government operates. She's still grossly unqualified though. I'd rather Biden ran.

Hillary Clinton was also first lady for 8 years, and the country didn't find that to be enough.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Wasnt Michelle proud of her country for the very first time in 2008?

Maybe she needs a very more years before voters think shes appropriate.

Actually Michelle...thanks, but no thanks!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Hillary Clinton was also first lady for 8 years, and the country didn't find that to be enough.

She also served as a Senator and in several Secretary positions to the President. She DEFINITELY had political experience. That is undeniable.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well if he does run he might want to run as the first trans just to silent the critics

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Is she as mysterious as her husband?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

She also served as a Senator and in several Secretary positions to the President. She DEFINITELY had political experience. That is undeniable.

I think Michelle will run into a lot of the same problems Hillary did. The country is just not that into her. She was always Obama's less likable half.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join